[Mk2] [Turbo] interesting turbo stutter problem?

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

timmomr2

[Mk2] [Turbo] interesting turbo stutter problem?

Post by timmomr2 »

im sometimes having an issue with the turbo stuttering. standard ct20 turbo running 1.2 bar with a greddy E01 boost controller. this only happens when its really cold or raning most of the time.

if im on the motorway in 4th or 5th gear and i just give between quater and half throttle the boost rises up fine intil it gets close to peak boost and then it starts to stutter. it sounds like the car has anti lag or something when its doing it. kind of like fuel cut is very gently alternating between on and off (is this possible). im not really sure what it is or how dangeorous it is. it dosent do it when i turn the boost down either so for now ive just been doing that. i dont think its the limit on the boost controller as that is set to 1.23 bar and nicely reduces the boost by 2% and keeps it at that level.

one thing ive just considered is it could be fuel cut and the boost controllers limiter conflicting between each other?

any ideas welcome, i dont want to kill my turbo
djpkins

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] interesting turbo stutter problem?

Post by djpkins »

maybe you are over boosting and your ebc is not very accurate?
timmomr2

Post by timmomr2 »

ye i suppose thats possible or that it is not cutting in the warning because im only on part throttle maybe but i still dont get why its stuttering. ive felt fuel cut before and it has never stuttered on me.
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

I have had a badly fatigued IC hose that wasn't apparent untill it was removed...this caused me no end of 2on boost" running probs, including stuttering and hesitation. I think the heat from the downpipe and the sheer amount of pressure from inside created lots of tiny cracks that opened up while boosting. Rev 2 are very intollerant of air leaks due to the AFM...also would be worth checking all the vac lines and t-pieces close up for signs of damage.
timmomr2

Post by timmomr2 »

ok ill give that a check something may have come loose as the engine was out just over a month ago so something could have worked loose, cheers

Return to “Mechanical”