Fitting remote central locking

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Smithmyster

Fitting remote central locking

Post by Smithmyster »

Mr Rev3 had already been fitted with a remote central locking kit, but the fob was lost years ago, so iv bought a complete new kit with 'flip-key fob' for £40

I was assuming it might be easy, just swapping and re-wireing the existing replay box for the new one. :-k

First problem............
Where is it??

Its not in the drivers door, its not in the driver foot well, or the passangers??????????????? :-k

Has anyone else done this and have you got any tips or photos please?
toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: Fitting remote central locking

Post by toxo »

Door control unit is the box under the steering column with the orange plug in this picture:

IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Smithmyster

Post by Smithmyster »

:thumleft: Cheer's dude!

Ughhhhhhhhhhhh, why are all the jobs i want to do in thee most tightest / fidderly spots ](*,) Does any one know of a dwaf on here that would come fix it for me?
DeusMR2

Post by DeusMR2 »

If you're handy with a multimeter you could still have a go at it yourself :thumleft:

Was your original central locking factory or aftermarket? If it's aftermarket then you need to find the control box for it; it's probably near the CDL relay (as shown above).

Next step is to visit www.the12volt.com and find the wiring information for your rev.

If you're lucky, you might just be able to use the same wires that were plugged into your existing control box (check with a multimeter).
Smithmyster

Post by Smithmyster »

Currently its aftermarket, so hoping as long as the wires are either labled or colour or easy to trace (chance are not tho, lol).

Im pretty sure i haven't got a clue lol
going to have a look tho before resorting to paying someone else to do it. :-k

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”