[Mk2] [NA] Full kit fitting, sidestrips blended and resprayed on my drive!!!

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

as8133

[Mk2] [NA] Full kit fitting, sidestrips blended and resprayed on my drive!!!

Post by as8133 »

Well, after a lot of paint, a new windscreen after the bonnet went through it at 70mph and many hours of toil the car is almost ready. Here are a couple of photos before a final unveiling next week...
PS. please excuse the angle of the bonnet, this was taken before it was replaced...
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Full kit fitting, sidestrips blended and resprayed on my drive!!!

Post by Martin F »

Good effort mate, looks nice :thumleft:
mrRobbo2

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Full kit fitting, sidestrips blended and resprayed on my drive!!!

Post by mrRobbo2 »

i love that! :clap:
chirlie

Post by chirlie »

WOW :clap: nice looking car , always wanted to paint my pinky redish :oops: rev2 but way to hard for me lol
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Looks good.... or will do when you ditch the lexus lights for rev1s. I had my plate in the same place for a while and very few even noticed the oddity. I liked it for a while before reverting back to standard though the hankering (and converted centre panel) haven't left me. Overall... nice car fella. :thumleft:

R.
mrRobbo2

Post by mrRobbo2 »

Why ditch the lexus? Cause there lexus?
They fit in with the cars theme far better than any other light unit!

Unless you follow everyone else? Then ditch the lexus!

It looks mint mate, keep it how it is
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Just because in my view rev1/2s would look nicer. The rest of it I like... as I said I've relocated my number plate there before, I'm spoilerless and white also.
I also think the kit suits, the single side vent mod is nice and the wheels are very fine. I just disagree on the lights that's all.

PS. Well, I also think it'd look better with a tubby lid.
mrRobbo2

Post by mrRobbo2 »

I do like the spoilerless look I've considered it myself but it needs the right kit.

What skirts and rear bumper are they?

I've never been a fan of rev1,2 lights. I can't wait to take mine off. I feel there very dated!
BiGWiLlYsTyLe

Post by BiGWiLlYsTyLe »

They are Bomex sideskirts and its a standard rear with the Border spats.

Car looks very good.Liking the red on white! :thumleft:
mrRobbo2

Post by mrRobbo2 »

Cheers BIG W,

all blended in and smoothed in plate recess threw me a bit.

nice job!
as8133

Post by as8133 »

Cheers for all the comments guys, the Lexus rear lights are there as an addition to the red white theme as it's the colours of my company graphics which will be sign written on the car when it's finished, to match the two smart repair vans. I know they are dislked by some (and until a couple of years ago that included me) but they work better overall than therev1s on this car IMO. Final mods will hopefully be a different engine cover, subtle aftermarket one if I can find it. And maybe something like the toms duck tail small spoiler, although I would want it blended like the modern performance cars. Final pics to follow!

Return to “Modifications”