[Mk2] [Turbo] Nur Spec decibel level anyone

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

james13009

[Mk2] [Turbo] Nur Spec decibel level anyone

Post by james13009 »

Thinking of tracking my Rev3 Turbo,

Does anyone know the decibel level of a Nur-spec, with and without the bung?
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Nur Spec decibel level anyone

Post by Jaspa »

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=136650

suggests 109 without bung. Nothing listed with.

Stuart
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

105 without 103 with - at least thats what I recall mine being, but that also had a downpipe - cat will drop the dB's slightly.

You really want to get your exhaust down to 98dB at its absolute maximum to ensure you can get on track at most places, some are even stricter requiring 96dB

So you may struggle to get the nur down to an acceptable level. Even a drop in silencer dosnt do much to drop the dB's.

A flat plate with lots of perforated holes in it slipped between the mating flages of the exhaust is a good way to reduce the noise levels - if you make it into a long cone shape it can slot down inside the exhaust and you effectivley have a greater surfce area for the gas to pass through so it proves less of a restriction.
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

Mine registered 116 db the last time it was tested. Needless to say I was sent home and not allowed on the track that day.

My next system will most likely be the Burk

Mikejc

Return to “Modifications”