Is IMOC doing a team this year?

Information and discussion about TOTB

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

cantfindausername

Re: Is IMOC doing a team this year?

Post by cantfindausername »

sound check wont invoke the WG, unless you build enough pressure to open it by revving alone which is v.unlikely so its only the drive bys which should be of concern. Not even sure they do that at TOTB.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

OK, getting my head round this now. If people are serious about running i am willing to head up Team IMOC.

Closing date for applications is 3rd July which really does not leave us much time at all!
Entrance fee is £100.
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

Come on guys don't let me go on my own....I'll get all lonely lol

Joking aside. Scott I charge you with heading the team good Sir ! I suggest a fresh thread and a relentless assault of pm's, emails and hunter gathering for a solid selection of 5 entrance, possibly more.

I've been out of the game for so long and it seems that most of the old school guys I remember have sold up, de tuned or are simply missing in action.

Are you up for this Scott? I think we'll have to look outside of iMOC also to make sure we get the best we can. Obviously we all know how capable the MR2 can be up the 1/4 these days given enough power and a skilled driver. But some less powerful yet well spec'd and thought out MR2's can be very competitive on the handling circuit with the right driver. As for top speed, well we're simply out gunned here unless someone has built a trick box which enables the gearing to make a decent showing?

Come on guys, let's pull together, create a team and represent the MR2 community like the old days !!!

I suggest we create a list of people with very capable cars and then pester them until they sign up.

The chap selling his wheelie popping MR2 at the moment... he's not sold yet. Might he fancy one last showing of that thing....to my mind if it really is a 9 second car it well sell easier by proving it lol No offence, I just hope he's reading and takes the bait ;)

Thought's people ???

Mikejc
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

I think that's a good idea. A fresh post with people who have the right cars 4 the job!!!!

I'm game but like I've said b4 I'm only running 420 and that's low 4 totb. But I'd be good on the handling side of things so I'm up for that but again if somebody has a better spec of car I would rather they take my spot
greeny

Post by greeny »

Whats happening with this then lads?

Scott have you had any more contact/info with the organiser's regarding a team for the MR2's?

And who's actually wanting to take part? As the deadline for forms is nearly upon us!

Cheers.
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
cantfindausername

I dont seem to be able to even get my car going so no point in me signing up. :cry:
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
greeny

Post by greeny »

cantfindausername wrote:I dont seem to be able to even get my car going so no point in me signing up. :cry:

Whats wrong with it ant?
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Mikejc wrote:Come on guys don't let me go on my own....I'll get all lonely lol

Joking aside. Scott I charge you with heading the team good Sir ! I suggest a fresh thread and a relentless assault of pm's, emails and hunter gathering for a solid selection of 5 entrance, possibly more.

I've been out of the game for so long and it seems that most of the old school guys I remember have sold up, de tuned or are simply missing in action.

Are you up for this Scott? I think we'll have to look outside of iMOC also to make sure we get the best we can. Obviously we all know how capable the MR2 can be up the 1/4 these days given enough power and a skilled driver. But some less powerful yet well spec'd and thought out MR2's can be very competitive on the handling circuit with the right driver. As for top speed, well we're simply out gunned here unless someone has built a trick box which enables the gearing to make a decent showing?

Come on guys, let's pull together, create a team and represent the MR2 community like the old days !!!

I suggest we create a list of people with very capable cars and then pester them until they sign up.

The chap selling his wheelie popping MR2 at the moment... he's not sold yet. Might he fancy one last showing of that thing....to my mind if it really is a 9 second car it well sell easier by proving it lol No offence, I just hope he's reading and takes the bait ;)

Thought's people ???

Mikejc

As far as i'm aware Scott is on holiday until around the 8Th of July so he may not be online from now until then, Just letting you know in case anybody is expecting him to book this etc.
cantfindausername

greeny wrote:
cantfindausername wrote:I dont seem to be able to even get my car going so no point in me signing up. :cry:

Whats wrong with it ant?

Hopefully nothing, but waiting on an adapter before I can start it up again and attempt to MOT it. Hoping to rush it through in time for Jap Show this sunday. Been waiting on the adapter for a week now though.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
greeny

Post by greeny »

Martin F wrote:

Thought's people ???

Mikejc

As far as i'm aware Scott is on holiday until around the 8Th of July so he may not be online from now until then, Just letting you know in case anybody is expecting him to book this etc.

Shall we all just send in our own entries in then lads, as they have to be in by the 3rd of july/this saturday?

Ive spoken to Larry and hes up for competing again this year, as am I.

Martin, Do you know if Scott was wanting to compete?

Who else is definately wanting to compete?
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

greeny wrote:
Martin F wrote:

Thought's people ???

Mikejc

Shall we all just send in our own entries in then lads, as they have to be in by the 3rd of july/this saturday?

Ive spoken to Larry and hes up for competing again this year, as am I.

Martin, Do you know if Scott was wanting to compete?

Who else is definately wanting to compete?

I have no idea mate, I just sent him a pm but i'm unsure if he will get it in time, if he does i'm sure he will post here :wink:
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Who is booked on then??

I've had 2 pull out as my rear damper is dead and there is no way I can get another as I run k-sport coilovers :-(

I might do the 1/4 mile in it on the sat but there is no way I can do the handling :-(
greeny

Post by greeny »

Gee Man wrote:Who is booked on then??

I've had 2 pull out as my rear damper is dead and there is no way I can get another as I run k-sport coilovers :-(

I might do the 1/4 mile in it on the sat but there is no way I can do the handling :-(

Im in lad, have you booked it then?
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Na mate I'm not booked on :-(

I've been on the hunt for some new suspension but nothing has come up or I've just missed out on a kit I've been interested in!!

Gutted as iwanted 2 do the handling track!! & no chain of that happening with a shot damper banging away :-(

Is it just you booked on mate??
greeny

Post by greeny »

Gee Man wrote:Na mate I'm not booked on :-(

I've been on the hunt for some new suspension but nothing has come up or I've just missed out on a kit I've been interested in!!

Gutted as iwanted 2 do the handling track!! & no chain of that happening with a shot damper banging away :-(

Is it just you booked on mate??

Looks like it! :(
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

You're the only official one by the looks of it!

Mind you the event as a whole seems to be down on entries.
greeny

Post by greeny »

tonigmr2 wrote:You're the only official one by the looks of it!

Mind you the event as a whole seems to be down on entries.

It does! seems a bit of a hash this year, with it converting to a 2day event and the organisers changing slightly. No RCM scooby either!

And just to rub salt in, they're now allowing the hoosier drag and MT street tyres in the road classes, which are nearly as good as a slick! ](*,)
michael

Post by michael »

Very badly run this year, just goes to show how much Chris Mann used to do.
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

michael wrote:Very badly run this year, just goes to show how much Chris Mann used to do.

Yep Ive e-mailed them loads and had nothing back from them!!!!! ](*,)

Dont they want people to compete this year!!!!!

Return to “TOTB - Team IMOC-UK”