[Mk2] [NA] BC Racing Coilovers (BR series) - Impressed !

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

RobPhoboS

[Mk2] [NA] BC Racing Coilovers (BR series) - Impressed !

Post by RobPhoboS »

So my old, stock 'temporary' suspension had been on the car for FAR too long and needed replacing due to an insert knocking around.
Seeing as 3S are my excellent, local MR2 chaps, I decided to take up their great offer on the BR series, and I'm certainly glad I did !
:thumleft:

I fitted them myself at 3S, and they gave me a hand when I needed it, which due to a few things not being put on correctly I was glad for their assistance. :D

So initially I checked that the suspension was at least the same heigh per axle, and it comes well set up out of the box, also included some rear drop links which were unexpected and very useful indeed :thumleft:
I also double checked that the stiffness was set the same on all of them (8) which is stated in the manual as the default setting.

So all fitted, no issues at all.
It's currently set halfway at 15 clicks (0 is hardest, 30 softest), and I think i'm going to knock it back to 20 or 25 and the roads in Surrey are shocking. Extremely bumpy and horrible, so I'd rather just soften it up a bit for me.

The next day I just lowered the car down a bit more, so at the front there are 3 threads between the lower locking collar and the first of the upper collar, about 5-8mm at a guess.
The rear I just guessed and dropped down with a gap of 55mm between the collars. I'm not totally sure if this is suitable or correct but the car feels ok like this.
I've also had a 4 wheel alignment done, as this is essential due to it being completely different with new shocks on, if you don't do this...stick your head on a railway track and wait patiently. :mrgreen:

The car has been completely transformed. It feels soo much tighter and nicer to drive, with a fair bit more communication coming through the wheel and the seat.
Next up is the whiteline ARB's, I'll be putting the front one on today but the rear I'll need a bit of help with (3S :lol: ), then I think I'll get some powerflex poly bushes :thumleft:

Overall, I cannot fault these coilovers for a compromise between road and track use.
I won't be on track for a couple of months as I want to carry on getting the chassis sorted, then a full geo at WIM but I'll report back once I have.

Hopefully this will help anyone who isn't sure whether to take the plunge or not. :)
tarmac terrorist

Re: [Mk2] [NA] BC Racing Coilovers (BR series) - Impressed !

Post by tarmac terrorist »

sweet i have apex(bc) on mine they are good i also have many other chassis mods :lol: along with whitelines they make a huge difference :thumleft:
dansREV2turbo

Post by dansREV2turbo »

cool, how do they compare to the buddyclub coilovers rob?
RobPhoboS

Post by RobPhoboS »

dansREV2turbo wrote:cool, how do they compare to the buddyclub coilovers rob?

Apologies for the SLOW response !
The buddyclubs were nackered, so un-comparable unfortunately.

Cannot wait to get out on track once I've got the rear ARB on, and set up at WIM :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”