MR2 dyno results comparison website! *Surrey rolling road only*

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Kongaroo

Re: MR2 dyno results comparison website! *Surrey rolling road only*

Post by Kongaroo »

mr2nut123 wrote:Can you post the AFR graphs for these kong? Would be interested to see how lean it is bottom end.

Sure - I think I posted this up a while back although it may have been on the American forum rather than IMOC - can't remember now, lol.

I'm not sure how accurate the GT28rs AFR is on that chart though as I was getting different AFR readings on my innovate wideband in the downpipe (please note as well that I am running methanol injection before you decide whether you want to run the same AFRs as me).

The GT28rs AFR readings were leaner according to my own wideband and much closer to the TD06 AFRs. At the time of the TD06 dyno runs my downpipe wideband sensor readings were much closer to the dyno's - if anything marginally richer. At the time of the GT28rs readings my own wideband was reading much leaner than the dyno broadband.

This may be down to the slight increase in the amount of methanol sprayed with the GT28rs runs as I upgraded the nozzle or perhaps the way it may have been collecting unburnt in the exhaust as I was running a Mongoose with the TD06 but swapped to the titanium single exit before the GT28rs runs.

If more unburnt fuel or methanol was collecting in the new exhaust system this could possibly have thrown off the dyno wideband which inserts into the tailpipe? Otherwise it's going to be down to the sensor calibration.

PS - well done Wade - good to see my old TD06 making great power for just 17-ish psi :thumleft: I wonder how long it'll be before you start wanting more power though :lol:
greeny

Post by greeny »

wadeski wrote:Forgies? we dont need no stinking forgies [-(

Way to jinx yourself! :lol:

Whos taking the betting on how long it is before you post a "down on compression on #3" thread :mrgreen:
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

greeny wrote:
wadeski wrote:Forgies? we dont need no stinking forgies [-(

Way to jinx yourself! :lol:

Whos taking the betting on how long it is before you post a "down on compression on #3" thread :mrgreen:

:wink:
wadeski

Post by wadeski »

when it blows up, it blows up - and I'll see what i am feeling like doing from there :)
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

ok everyone i can think of,

is updated!
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Kongaroo wrote:
mr2nut123 wrote:Can you post the AFR graphs for these kong? Would be interested to see how lean it is bottom end.

Sure - I think I posted this up a while back although it may have been on the American forum rather than IMOC - can't remember now, lol.

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww16 ... verlay.jpg

I'm not sure how accurate the GT28rs AFR is on that chart though as I was getting different AFR readings on my innovate wideband in the downpipe (please note as well that I am running methanol injection before you decide whether you want to run the same AFRs as me).

The GT28rs AFR readings were leaner according to my own wideband and much closer to the TD06 AFRs. At the time of the TD06 dyno runs my downpipe wideband sensor readings were much closer to the dyno's - if anything marginally richer. At the time of the GT28rs readings my own wideband was reading much leaner than the dyno broadband.

This may be down to the slight increase in the amount of methanol sprayed with the GT28rs runs as I upgraded the nozzle or perhaps the way it may have been collecting unburnt in the exhaust as I was running a Mongoose with the TD06 but swapped to the titanium single exit before the GT28rs runs.

If more unburnt fuel or methanol was collecting in the new exhaust system this could possibly have thrown off the dyno wideband which inserts into the tailpipe? Otherwise it's going to be down to the sensor calibration.

PS - well done Wade - good to see my old TD06 making great power for just 17-ish psi :thumleft: I wonder how long it'll be before you start wanting more power though :lol:

Wow, that really is lean. Like you said though, the meths will allow it I guess.

I give up on this graph matching nonsense now. My graph isn't even a true reflection of spool as he started it from 3200rpm so ofcourse spool is gonna be pants lol. It's at full boost by 4k on the road and kicks a huge kick so i'm happy.

Interesting thread for everyone to read I guess.
Last edited by mr2nut123 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

mr2nut123 wrote:

I give up on this graph matching nonsense now. My graph isn't even a true reflection of spool as he started it from 3200rpm so ofcourse spool is gonna be pants lol. It's at full boost by 4k on the road and kicks a huge kick so i'm happy.

Your welcome :-), after all the messages i had to finally get all these on.

do I need to use some words like f**king disrespectful, appreciate all the time I've spent getting all these graphs up.

Ring any bells?
Haha.

Thanks wouldn't go a miss, lol.

Just a shame as you say your graph isn't ideal with it started later.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

jimGTS wrote:
mr2nut123 wrote:

Your welcome :-), after all the messages i had to finally get all these on.

do I need to use some words like f**king disrespectful, appreciate all the time I've spent getting all these graphs up.

Ring any bells?
Haha.

Thanks wouldn't go a miss, lol.

Just a shame as you say your graph isn't ideal with it started later.

Me: "Jim, mind putting my new graph up?"

Jim: "Sorry, not received your boost graphs fella. Bhp and afr yes, but not boost"

How else can that be read? :-k :whistle: :wink:

aaaaanyway, cheers Jim I do appreciate it. It's cool to see that it's performing well, over some of the gt30 setups too.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

:thumleft:
Ryan.g

Post by Ryan.g »

mr2nut123 wrote:
Kongaroo wrote:

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww16 ... verlay.jpg

Wow, that really is lean. Like you said though, the meths will allow it I guess.

:roll:

This is why i wanted this really to stay at the same dyno! So the same operator uses the same settings, Same gear, Same start run point and same strapping techniques as this alters power also!
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

You're right Ryan, feel free to remove my graph. It was just out of curiosity really. I did plan on getting a 3rd gear run so that the comparison would be almost identical but this didn't go to plan and I only ended up with a 4th gear run starting at over 3000rpm lol. Thanks for letting Jim put my graph up for a while to compare though, sweet site :thumleft:
theampsgotoeleven

Post by theampsgotoeleven »

can you add this one please:

built engine
ct20b
apexi power fc
berk downpipe
spec 3+ clutch
profec bspec
mongoose
xs power ic

325.5 hp
320ft/lbs torque

Last edited by theampsgotoeleven on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

theampsgotoeleven wrote:can you add this one please:

built engine
apexi power fc
berk downpipe
spec 3+ clutch
profec bspec
mongoose
xs power ic

325.5 hp
320ft/lbs torque

What turbo you running there? Nice graphs
theampsgotoeleven

sorry std. ct20b
1994 Rev 3 Turbo
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

theampsgotoeleven wrote:sorry std. ct20b

Jeez, that's a lot of power for a CT20 :shock: Is it modified at all? If not, i'm not sure that's gonna last too long :-k
theampsgotoeleven

no offence intended mr2nut123 but i only wanted my graphs included - i didn't expect to have to justify Ryans mapping :(

running between 1.1 - 1.2 bar, that's not excessive?

i put my trust in ryan - he knows better than me.

added wheel hp graph which shows afr and bar.

1994 Rev 3 Turbo
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

theampsgotoeleven wrote:no offence intended mr2nut123 but i only wanted my graphs included - i didn't expect to have to justify Ryans mapping :(

running between 1.1 - 1.2 bar, that's not excessive?

i put my trust in ryan - he knows better than me.

added wheel hp graph which shows afr and bar.

Sorry, didn't mean to come across that way. It's been a while since i've had a CT20 and I always believed that the limits were 300bhp on them. I have no doubt of Ryans mapping, the guys a legend on here and i'd have had mine mapped by him if i'd have had a bit more dosh for my build for sure.

1.2 bar is the safe-ish limit of the CT20, I personally ran mine at 1 or 1.1bar and it lasted well to be fair, the headgasket went first :wink:

AFRs are perfect by the way, 11.5 is the sweet spot on these engines from what i've seen so maybe my theory is completely shot down with a good mapper :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”