Hello from Edd :-)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Smithmyster

Re: Hello from Edd :-)

Post by Smithmyster »

If you ever fancy changing your front fog lights, either
A: PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT or
B: BUY ANOTHER MR2
](*,)

What a nightmare!! I ended up half drilling one screw out, but the other is deep, so resorted to drilling all the plastic around the last screw, snapping the old foglight out, angle grinding off the screw, then after hours managed to fit the new one in about 5min #-o

Also patched up my old exhaust while i get a new top/down pipe, Cat bypass, 02 sensor, and then next pay-day ill get the custom made back box, as R-Tech said will do me a deal on it and fit the other parts at the same time, because i moaned regards to the Life time warrenty re; post above.

Iv also painted my Mug flap but need to fit them, and iv also bought the new central locking / flip key fob :D just need to get the blank key cut and wire it all up.

I have also sorted a new steering wheel from a Celica VVTi T-Sport, because i love the newer yet factory look over aftermarket wheels. I may get this retrimmed before fitting tho inline with leather interior i have in mind for the future.............

Watch this space, new photos to come :)

Oh and LOVING having the top down almost daily at the moment 8)

Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 »

Keep a look out for me (although I am a lowly Mk1). I live in Ware (sort of) but moving to Hertford in August.

Then I get a car port and can actually learn how to do some work on the car myself. Once I learn the engine is in the boot.

The Mr2 is my play car so if a grey mondeo estate flashes at you, it may be me being a grown up :oops:
Smithmyster

Post by Smithmyster »

Hi Kate :D

I am actually currently living in Great Amwell, so still just down the road, but the office is in Hertford, and ill be moving back to Hertford in January. My Parents are in Ware so im often passing through (on the scrounge for a free dinner lol)

What sort/reg of Mondeo have you got?
Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 »

Well I catch the train in St Mags so if you see a random woman staring at you, it may be me.

The mondeo is a Mk3 (the one before the current one) on a 51 plate. Grey estate, always dusty. If I see you in the Mondeo I will flash and wave though. Your plate is M511 xxx isn't it?

I do tend to notice MR2's a lot but the Mk2's never wave at me when I am in the Mk1

I think it may have been you who stared at me on the roundabout by the Navigator a couple of weeks ago when I was in the Mk1, I am sure it was same colour as yours.
Smithmyster

Post by Smithmyster »

Hmmm i dont remember but i go past the Navigator to my parents or the Jet Wash. There arnt any others MR2's around in Steal Mist Grey, infact there arnt many other MR2's lol
I will keep a eye out for you :thumleft:
Smithmyster

Post by Smithmyster »

Iv been a busy chap this weekend, still loads to do tho.
My front bumper has been peppered with stone chips for years now, and the lower lip too plus cracks and badly scuffed :roll:

After finally finding a decent colour supply from Auto-Paint St Helens
http://auto-paint.co.uk/carpaint/ i decided to save a few bob and sort the job myself

Not the best idea on one of the warmest days of the year #-o

Then after the first coat of primer

Finally after 3 coats of primer and sanding, then 2 coates of a incorrect paint match as a base coat, then sanding. and then fianlly another 2 coats of the correct colour.

I just need sand it 1 more time, then get about 17 coats of Clear Lacquer on it lol

More pictures to come once its all finished and polished up :D

Im now more then confident to get some new TOMS look skirts and paint them up myself.
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Any update Ed ?
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
Smithmyster

Post by Smithmyster »

:-k Hmmm finished the base coat, did one coat of laquer and all was ok
but the by the third there where a few dodgy imperfections, and just on the top near the badge ](*,)
So going to sand the top back and get my mate to finish it in 2-pak.

Also fitting the central locking has been a total head ache and still hasnt been sorted #-o

In the mean time iv sprayed up my calipers and fitted my mud guards/flaps :thumleft:

:D
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

If you get hold of some Rev5 wheel nuts they fit perfectly the Lexus IS200 wheels and wont protude :-)
Smithmyster

Post by Smithmyster »

:thumleft: Yeah
Already on my shopping list mate, just struggling to find any then they go down the list (other shinney sparkly toys distract me lol)
Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 »

Smithmyster wrote:Hmmm i dont remember but i go past the Navigator to my parents or the Jet Wash. There arnt any others MR2's around in Steal Mist Grey, infact there arnt many other MR2's lol
I will keep a eye out for you :thumleft:

Saw a grey one yesterday coming towards Ware High Street from the North junction of the A10, but it was an H reg. I did wonder if it was you as it was grey but the driver ignored me (I was in the mondeo......) and from your pictures above, it wouldn't have been you.

No idea if an H Reg (if not a private plate) would be steel mist grey but it was definitely grey not silver.
Kateg28

Post by Kateg28 »

Looking a little sorry for itself but.....

It is off for a holiday. Whilst I move house (late July and early August \:D/ ) and it's new Car Port is temporily storing boxes, it is going to stay at my dad's. He will then fit the new front wings which will be arriving this week, work on the rear wheel arches and do some general tidying up. :thumleft:

Then when car port is ready for it, and it is looking shiny and new, it comes home. For the winter. ](*,)

Next years jobs will be re-covering the seats and some welding.

Return to “Member Profiles”