[Mk2] [Turbo] Greddy SMIC BHP

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mikejc

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Greddy SMIC BHP

Post by Mikejc »

Madmattyturner wrote:would love 500bhp as a raw power figure, i wont be doing track days, but would like to take it drag racing for a laugh.

Its really a weekend car for me as i have another car for daily driving :thumleft:

Ok my next questions...

Have you driven an mr2 with 350+ bhp? The reason I ask is two fold, firstly my honest opinion is that 500 bhp is a massive over kill for the road and occassional drag days. Secondly 500 bhp is going to take it's tole on lots of componants, including the engine itself.

I suggest you aim for a decent 400 bhp at the wheels, which is crazy fast for a road car in any case. You'll have better reliability as a result and a more usuable street car IMHO.

Mikejc
Madmattyturner

Post by Madmattyturner »

hmm.. mr2 at over that power.. the simple answer is no.

Would the nitrous really give that much hp (200) with a 125 shot? I havent had time to properly discuss it with the tuning company. I know my hydra ecu can run a seperate map for the nitrous which sounds pretty good.

I just want the most power possible from my current setup to be honest. What would be the maximum bar of boost you would recommend running, even for a short period?
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

Madmattyturner wrote:hmm.. mr2 at over that power.. the simple answer is no.

Would the nitrous really give that much hp (200) with a 125 shot? I havent had time to properly discuss it with the tuning company. I know my hydra ecu can run a seperate map for the nitrous which sounds pretty good.

I just want the most power possible from my current setup to be honest. What would be the maximum bar of boost you would recommend running, even for a short period?

With a forged engine, GT3076 and supporting mods you should be able to make 400 bhp @ the wheels or there abouts. I'm not taking the cheating gas into account here.

Are you uprating your fueling? Are you having any head work done?

For engine longevity I'd suggest 1.7bar depending on the supporting mods.

Mikejc

Mikejc
Madmattyturner

Post by Madmattyturner »

Mikejc wrote:

With a forged engine, GT3076 and supporting mods you should be able to make 400 bhp @ the wheels or there abouts. I'm not taking the cheating gas into account here.

Mikejc

Mikejc

Oh yes, of course, Walbro 255 fuel pump, 1000cc top feed injectors and fuel rail.

Head hks cams, 1mm oversize valves, twin springs, hks head gasket, arp bolts etc.
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

Madmattyturner wrote:
Mikejc wrote:

Mikejc

Mikejc

Oh yes, of course, Walbro 255 fuel pump, 1000cc top feed injectors and fuel rail.

Head hks cams, 1mm oversize valves, twin springs, hks head gasket, arp bolts etc.

Ok good it will be able the flow nicely. Which exhaust manifold are you going to use?

Mikejc
Madmattyturner

Post by Madmattyturner »

Mikejc wrote:
Madmattyturner wrote:
Mikejc wrote:

Mikejc

Mikejc

Ok good it will be able the flow nicely. Which exhaust manifold are you going to use?

Mikejc

Stock, but its machined out to single port to match the turbo instead of the old twin entry ct26
Chris

Post by Chris »

GT series turbo's don't come alive till 2 bar :twisted: . I ran over 2 bar for 3 years with no issues at all :thumleft:
Madmattyturner

Post by Madmattyturner »

oh im after 2 bar all right, as much horseys as i can get!
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

Chris wrote:GT series turbo's don't come alive till 2 bar :twisted: . I ran over 2 bar for 3 years with no issues at all :thumleft:

Hi Chris.

My GT3076 was making 1 bar of boost by 3500 rpm and would come on full song, 1.9 bar almost instantly there after......... 2.2 litre helps make that happen though.

Out of interest, my turbo needed re building after only 10k ! ](*,)

Mikejc

Return to “Modifications”