Parts id help

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Delgado-Go!

Parts id help

Post by Delgado-Go! »

Hi,

Erm, not sure if there is some sort of bible that has images and part numbers of everything on the MR2 (Rev3+).

I'm trying to refresh my car and get it back to stock standard (which is involving a lot of cleaning!)

I need to locate the following:

1: does this serve any useful function? It's kinda crumbling and I was going to replace it but I notice that a lot of other owners don't have anything on the engine lid underside.

the rest is pretty standard.

Boot clips (and I think these are the same for the frunk/spare wheel panel and rad plastic cover.

Just wondered if I could get all this from Mr T and if they would rip me off or play nice?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I just need to really get going on this project. :oops:

Thanks guys!

PS as a side - new a recommendation on droplinks (contruction/manufacturer).
timmomr2

Re: Parts id help

Post by timmomr2 »

for some stuff id go to toyata as thell be easy to locate and nice to have new.

you can take the fabric of the underside of the engine bay as its not really serving a purpose or you could get some thinners and just soak it with a rag that cleaned mine up quite well on the bulk head.

id also get to a large scrap yard, i poped down to a place near me and they had a few MR2's and i just grabed as many clips as i needed and got charged about 50p lol, plus i had a wedge of them in my pocket that i didnt show the guy.

id say scrapyard first you would be supprised at how much you can get of 2 or 3 wrecked mr2's just go somewere big so you have a bit of choice.
Delgado-Go!

Post by Delgado-Go! »

timmomr2 wrote:for some stuff id go to toyata as thell be easy to locate and nice to have new.

you can take the fabric of the underside of the engine bay as its not really serving a purpose or you could get some thinners and just soak it with a rag that cleaned mine up quite well on the bulk head.

id also get to a large scrap yard, i poped down to a place near me and they had a few MR2's and i just grabed as many clips as i needed and got charged about 50p lol, plus i had a wedge of them in my pocket that i didnt show the guy.

id say scrapyard first you would be supprised at how much you can get of 2 or 3 wrecked mr2's just go somewere big so you have a bit of choice.

Thanks for the tips.

I might just take that mat thing off as it just looks a bit tatty. I'm assuming it's some sort of heat absorber to not ruin the engine lid??

Need to find a scrappy in London - don't seem to be too many MR2s round my way so not sure how fruitful this route will be but will investigate it (I didnt even know you could be allowed to walk around a scrap yard).

On the ordering parts from Toyota I've read that they're not sure (kinda understandably) of the part orders that get placed. Special order items are non-refundable so I'm still wondering if there is some sort of visual 'catalogue' type thing available?
timmomr2

Post by timmomr2 »

if you go into a toyota dealership with a parts dept, just explain were the part is i.e on the underneath of the engine lid. they can search and have a blown up diagram of the section of car and you can just point to what you need. most things you will be ok with. ive told them to send back loads of stuff and they have never grumbled. toyota will be able to find you prety much anything but it is best to do it face to face rather than on the phone.

as for scrap yards, there are plenty of cars being broken for spares on the forums all the time just pm someone and if your struggleing to explain what you need just take a picture and send it to them. you wont struggle to get parts you need.

heres a tip aswell. if you have bits of black trim arround the car that are fading or just look a bit tatty. get some red scotching pads and some satin black aerosol and it will make them look much better just make sure you do it evenly and scotch it first so that the paint dosent flake off
DTMr2

Post by DTMr2 »

timmomr2 wrote:

Are we brothers? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tried my two local,biggest scrapyards.....only one MR2 each :(

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”