interferance through speaker fix

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

rat bag

interferance through speaker fix

Post by rat bag »

best way to stop noise interferance from p/s motor ect on your stereo :evil: is to take a + feed direct from the battery inc a inline fuse! :idea: to power unit and also take the earth from the battery :D did this to mine and no interferance at all bliss! \:D/ \:D/
GAZ

Re: interferance through speaker fix

Post by GAZ »

Hello mate

So did you wire the stereo direct to the battery with positive lead + fuse and also ground the stereo to battery?

Then did you wire the amp as usual.

I've been trying to sort mine out today but gave up and ripped everything out.

Cheers
Gaz
Hurstie1981

Post by Hurstie1981 »

If you do it that way, does that not mean that your amp/HU will be pulling a voltage all the time. Is it not easier to go via an ignition source, thatw ay the stereo will turn on with the engine?
rat bag

Post by rat bag »

your stereo needs a constant 12v supply and a ignition feed and a ground to work! :? for a constant 12v you would take a suppy from your loom right! :? so now take this direct to your battery your h/u will still only come on when you turn on the ignition! \:D/ also wire the earth direct to battery same on amps they need constant 12v plus a remote feed from h/u so also the amp will only work when you turn on the h/u hope this helps you :wink: i also have a inline suppressor just in case! its bliss \:D/ \:D/ :D

Return to “ICE and Security”