Le Mans 2010

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: Le Mans 2010

Post by toxo »

Not a problem at all - we will be staying here: http://www.chateau-de-chanteloup.com/CHANTELOUP2008/GB/, you're welcome to pop along any time.

I guess you're staying trackside? We'll be parked up on the Mulsanne straight Friday for Mad Friday so you could come and find us there if you like? I can PM you my mobile number too if required.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

We might even make it to the Mulsanne on Friday this time, eh John? ;)
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

ekona wrote:We might even make it to the Mulsanne on Friday this time, eh John? ;)

Lets xxxxxx hope so!

Didn't realise the chateau have a photo gallery:

http://www.chateau-de-chanteloup.com/al ... d=12,20,19

IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Just stickered up my car with minimal stickery due to my idiocy of not ordering them sooner #-o booked my kangaroo tv this aft, everything is now sorted and cannot wait. The only downside is the 4.30 am departure from my house on wed to make the 10 am ferry, I love the drive down so I cant complain!
Really want to take in a few different viewing areas this year, mulsanne corner and arnarge are on my list, may try and get to that restaurant on the mulsanne and see if its possible to see the cars screaming along. Ive heard its possible if you stand on the tables.
See everyone there whoohoo! 8)
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Woo car is fixed :D :D :D mad props to Luke @ pacific works, see you all in a few days :)
wadeski

Post by wadeski »

Saw your car at Luke's today mate, looking good.

Anyone going to Le Mans Classic? I'm headed out in July.... 8)
Kieran Williams

Post by Kieran Williams »

i'm all packed and ready to rock, ferry is on monday but i leave tommorow to stay in Canterbury overnight....see you all there

kI
RoadsterBoy

Post by RoadsterBoy »

Have a good time out there this year chaps, sorry I can't join ya..

Try not to top up the gendarmes coffers this year though huh? :lol:

Quite looking forward to sitting in comfort on my sofa watching eurosport all weekend for a change! Gonna miss the friday action and the sound of those astons though! =P~
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Just finished packing my car, leaving in 3 and a half hours to get to Dover for 9am! Dam I should have booked an earlier ferry #-o See you all wed night, hope to be there for 7ish. :D
widster

Post by widster »

As i posted previously, i went to Le Mans with a mate in my Mk1b last week and we camped at Bleu Nord. First time at Le Mans and it won't be the last. We had a great time. Brilliant atmosphere with all those petrolheads about. Weather was mostly hot with the occasional downpour. Had a seized rear caliper 80 miles into the journey and my numberplate snapped on one side on the way back but overall car was reliable. The camping was much better than expected with clean toilets and hot showers. Many people had come much better prepared than us with large tv screens showing the race and football, large disco tents, even a swimming pool and trampoline! Many impressive cars onm the campsite and car park. Saw a few mk2's but no other mk1's. The racing itself was great with Audi ending up 1st, 2nd and 3rd. The sound of the cars passing the pit lane was awesome.

Recommended! :D
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Just got back :) Great week bar 1 or 2 mishaps, none of them terminal! Sadly one of the mishaps was my camera dying so I don't have too many pictures, other than of the car lot at SVA Imports which was next door to our Premier Inn in Dover!

Saw a few other MR2s there, there was a red MK2 camping next to the white car park, and a yellow MK2 going into San Saturin to the Corvette show on Friday as we were leaving.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

I'm home too! :D Great week, great racing, and great company as always.

My car is proper b*llocksed though, big issues. More info tomorrow after Nissan rape the snot out of me and look at it. :(
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I know how you feel, having done Boulogne to Buckingham on the space saver at 50... I decided that rear tyre wasn't worth the risk. That shouldn't be snot-rape-worthy though...
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

I think you were brave enough driving down there on that tyre! :lol: Safe is always best matey, even if it is deathly dull.
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Got back at 3am this morning, had a great drive back, no traffic but got snapped by a camera about 10 miles from Calais #-o
Had a great week as always and will definately be back next year, this time with the MR2, the bmw is just far too quiet for my liking!
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Sounds like you all had a great time. I have pencilled in next year for myself. Always wanted to go to Le Mans!

Moving over to 'Past Events'
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Scott Barton wrote:Sounds like you all had a great time. I have pencilled in next year for myself. Always wanted to go to Le Mans!

Get your laughing gear around this then Scott... http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=136811
afennell
IMOC Organiser

Post by afennell »

Hi all,

I need a good picture of a car doing a burn out at mad friday preferably the back so I can change it for a pic of my dads.

All weekend I was winding my farther up.

Should be great, im going to get Mark (dads mate from Le mans) to email him saying he found the pic on the internet and see how long it takes untill i get a phone call!!!!
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

There were way too many police around at mad Friday this year, I only saw one burnout...

Return to “Past Events”