[Mk2] [Turbo] converting to 180 speedo

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

chrisrev2gt

[Mk2] [Turbo] converting to 180 speedo

Post by chrisrev2gt »

right guys i have a rev2 tubby but i have the 110mph clocks but im sure the milage is going up in kph. i really want a set of speedhuts but in the 180 mph.
what would be the cheapest option by a set of 180 dials then the speed huts or get a converter and delimiter then the speedhuts on my original dials :thumleft:
Si_Crewe

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] converting to 180 speedo

Post by Si_Crewe »

If you have 0-110 clocks then your car probably IS reading in kph.

If you swap the dials to 0-180 ones and then fit a speed convertor it should work fine AND stop the limiter kicking in at 110mph.

Only other thing to bear in mind is that the power steering changes ratio at 40kph and after you fit the convertor it'll change at 40mph.
Stef Derner

Post by Stef Derner »

Si_Crewe wrote:If you have 0-110 clocks then your car probably IS reading in kph.

If you swap the dials to 0-180 ones and then fit a speed convertor it should work fine AND stop the limiter kicking in at 110mph.

Only other thing to bear in mind is that the power steering changes ratio at 40kph and after you fit the convertor it'll change at 40mph.

110 mph clocks are just 180kmph ones with a stick on face. The ODO will still be counting in kilometres.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

you need to get a speedo convertor as well to change the clocks and odometer to miles. The twosrus delimiter doesn't affect the power steering and is the best to get
Stef Derner

Post by Stef Derner »

allan welsh wrote:you need to get a speedo convertor as well to change the clocks and odometer to miles. The twosrus delimiter doesn't affect the power steering and is the best to get

Twosrus don't sell them anymore but I still have a few left.....
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Does anyone have a pic of the tworus one?

I have a converter on the back of my speedo, but my speedo has stopped working and I could do with fixing it.
Stef Derner

Post by Stef Derner »

Shmed wrote:Does anyone have a pic of the tworus one?

I have a converter on the back of my speedo, but my speedo has stopped working and I could do with fixing it.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/garage.php ... e_id=12563
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Good man, that's the same as the one I have.

Return to “Modifications”