Red Dead Redemption

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ren0W

Re: Red Dead Redemption

Post by Ren0W »

I bought it today, played like an hour...
...but omg, waste of money atm #-o

It's too big, too much story, too much challenges, too much everything.

Same reason why I've quitted Far Cry 2.

Aswell as needing to sleep in order to save #-o

... and I couldn't even find the darn quit option.
sw20GTS

Post by sw20GTS »

SamUK wrote:Whats the multiplayer?

Well, there are a few "modes" in multiplayer. The main one is free roam where you roam this huge area either killing stuff or other people. There's also some "missions" here and there for you to complete.

You can join/start games such as grab the bag etc in towns but I've only managed to try some. Got pwnt hard by higher levels.

and yes, one thing I find annoying is no quit option but you can access the dashboard etc from ingame.

ooooh, the "free roam" is actually one huge "instance" that up to 16 people can join in. The "session" completes after the bad guys in the map are killed. The person completing it has the option to continue the game or end it.

One thing I find annoying is the corpse camping. You spawn at very predictable spots near mission areas. So people would just sit there and gank you everytime you spawn...
My personal website : http://www.jonathanchye.co.uk
sw20GTS

Post by sw20GTS »

Ren0W wrote:

Aswell as needing to sleep in order to save #-o

omg! You mean for the multiplayer too? meh.... I guess I've lost my level 7 status then :( I just shutdown the console completely.
Ren0W

Post by Ren0W »

Didn't multiplayer yet.
JayUK91

Post by JayUK91 »

Can anyone tell me how this compares to the old PS2 game GUN? I loved that game, so if RDR is similar/better, it's a definite buy for me...
MrNice

Post by MrNice »

Red Dead Redemption

Does any1 know if they have it in stock anywhere in northwest area... i live in blackpool and been told i cant get it till late next week!!!! :(
Ren0W

Post by Ren0W »

Stores over here are flooded with them.

But who knows how to detain people. Or capture the wanted ones alive?

I can't seem to fight? It doesn't show a popup action to grab or something.

Shot one in the leg, ran away, pushed him, kicked him while he was down... still ran away, tried to shoot his other leg and he died #-o

How ?
sw20GTS

Post by sw20GTS »

Ren0W wrote:Stores over here are flooded with them.

But who knows how to detain people. Or capture the wanted ones alive?

I can't seem to fight? It doesn't show a popup action to grab or something.

Shot one in the leg, ran away, pushed him, kicked him while he was down... still ran away, tried to shoot his other leg and he died #-o

How ?

you need to do a mission that gives you the rope. Its from that lady rancher...
Ren0W

Post by Ren0W »

Crap.

Why didn't she told me.
Instead she made me kill sweet lil' bunnies.
sw20GTS

Post by sw20GTS »

Ren0W wrote:Crap.

Why didn't she told me.
Instead she made me kill sweet lil' bunnies.

hehe that was one of the first few missions :D I kept sticking around her expecting to get some booty action!
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

This looks good but its sold out EVERYWHERE down here! ](*,)
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
dansREV2turbo

Post by dansREV2turbo »

get it at www.very.co.uk

use this code for £20 off : ZZ969

use this code for free delivery : Xx855

both codes used makes the game £25

im told they take the £45 then refund you the £20 about a day after dispatch.

(dont sign up for an account, if you dont tick the 'accept t&c' box and just hit continue, it gives you the option for one time payment afterwards....crafty!)

ive just ordered but will have to wait till friday for it, worth it for the saving tho imo.
Sideways Si

Post by Sideways Si »

played it for 3 hours so far.. As I love open world sandbox games I had to give this a try.. so far I'm enjoying it..

Although my attempts at having a good Karma doesn't seem to be coming easy to me..

My first failure at being the good guy was durring an incident outside the saloon where a very upset cowboy was threatning to cut a new hole in one of the whores.. I ran to the rescue but then realized I didn't have any weapon equiped, Frantically looking for the user manual to find out which button it was the disgruntled cowboy to my horror repeatidly stabbed her to death.. :shock: It was too late :(

feeling very gulity I walked into the saloon to buy myself a drink then another then another.. And until finally my guilt had gone but so had my self control.. My charactor started stumbing about the bar, upseting the regulars.. So i attempted to steer him outside..

Woops.... I stumbled flat on my face right in the middle of the street.. My cowboy laid out cold for what seemed like minutes while my every press of the controller achieved nothing, Just then I heard a stagecoach tearing through the village, xxxx I couldn't get up.. But just as I did the bloody stagecoach ran me over and killed me. FFS..

On the restart I decided to do some good again, rather then poke my nose into other peoples affairs in town, I searched around the wildnerness to do a good deed. Behold a guy rode towards me shouting for help that a group of bandits were going to hang his friend from a tree..

HI HO...Off we go... there they were the bastards.. and his mate hanging fighting for his life with his legs kicking out.. I repeatidly spurd my horse to get there faster.. But overdid it! :( Just a few meters before the gang my horse threw me off. And I landed in a really awkard place where the gang pinned me down under heavy fire, until the guy was dead.

I slowly picked them off but all I could say was sorry friend..
:(

I don't seem to be doing so well with this game at the moment..
Last edited by Sideways Si on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Class Winner Brighton Speed Trials 2010
Class Winner Brighton Speed Trials 2011
Class Record Holder Since 2010
sw20GTS

Post by sw20GTS »

Sideways Si wrote:played it for 3 hours so far.. As I love open world sandbox games I had to give this a try.. so far I'm enjoying it..

Although my attempts at having a good Karma doesn't seem to be coming easy to me..

My first failure at being the good guy was durring an incident outside the saloon where a very upset cowboy was threatning to cut a new hole in one of the whores.. I ran to the rescue but then realized I didn't have any weapon equiped, Frantically looking for the user manual to find out which button it was the disgruntled cowboy to my horror repeatidly stabbed her to death.. :shock: It was too late :(

feeling very gulity I walked into the saloon to buy myself a drink then another then another.. And until finally my guilt had gone but so had my self control.. My charactor started stunmbing about the bar, upsettiing the regulars.. So i attempted to steer him outside..

Woops.... I stumbled flat on my face right in the middle of the street.. My laid out cold few what seemed like minutes while my every press of the controller achieved nothing, Just then I heard a stagecoach tearing through the village, xxxx I couldn't get up.. But just as I did the bloody stagecoach ran me over and killed me. FFS..

On the restart I decided to do some good again, rather then poke my nose into other peoples affairs in town, I searched around the wildnerness to do a good deed. Behold a guy rode towards me shouting for help that a group of bandits were going to hang his friend from a tree..

HI HO...Off we go... there they were the bastards.. and his mate hanging fighting for his life with his legs kicking out.. I repeatidly spurd my horse to get there faster.. But overdid it! :( Just a few meters before the gang my horse threw me off. And I landed in a really awkard place where the gang pinned me down under heavy fire, until the guy was dead.

I slowly picked them off but all I could say was sorry friend..
:(

I don't seem to be doing so well with this game at the moment..

Haha, I love your descriptions! I didn't realise you could buy drinks at the bar... must try that :D I heard you could erm... engage in certain physical activities with the whores too!

For me I am running around trying to complete the tasks for my Assasin's Outfit. Pretty good game but I don't quite like the multiplayer. Seems like you need to team up to do any good. I'm always alone :( All I do is randomly pick out NPC mission areas. If no other people are around to grieve me I would usually complete the missions ok.
Sideways Si

Post by Sideways Si »

sw20GTS wrote:
For me I am running around trying to complete the tasks for my Assasin's Outfit. Pretty good game but I don't quite like the multiplayer. Seems like you need to team up to do any good. I'm always alone :( All I do is randomly pick out NPC mission areas. If no other people are around to grieve me I would usually complete the missions ok.

I've never been a multiplayer fan. I only like co-op games for online play, namely games like crackdown 2..

Anyway. if you find any secrets please let me know. Rockstar love there secret hidden areas, so no doubt there'll be stuff in this to.

I'm off to do some nightwatch with the local mutt. and learn how to ride a horse...

:wink:
Class Winner Brighton Speed Trials 2010
Class Winner Brighton Speed Trials 2011
Class Record Holder Since 2010
sw20GTS

Post by sw20GTS »

Sideways Si wrote:
sw20GTS wrote:

I've never been a multiplayer fan. I only like co-op games for online play, namely games like crackdown 2..

Anyway. if you find any secrets please let me know. Rockstar love there secret hidden areas, so no doubt there'll be stuff in this to.

I'm off to do some nightwatch with the local mutt. and learn how to ride a horse...

:wink:

Hehe, from reading what you wrote you seem to be really into rpgs :D You are really immersed into it lol :D Yeah, I haven't encountered any easter eggs yet. I am on a hell bent mission to get that awesome outfit!

Well enjoy your night patrol! Stop shooting them innocent rabbits! I'll head down to throw some horse shoes myself or hassle some local whores by repeatedly bumping into them lol.
Ren0W

Post by Ren0W »

oh crap, horse shoe #-o

after several attempts I stopped playing that game... grrr
sw20GTS

Post by sw20GTS »

Ren0W wrote:oh crap, horse shoe #-o

after several attempts I stopped playing that game... grrr

yeah its pretty hard to get it right but sooooo satisfying when you do! :D I'm hooked. It's either that or BJ.

oh, where's yer old Avatar ? I miss that foxy rim licking blonde!
Ren0W

Post by Ren0W »

BJ anytime !

but think you didn't meant that

Err... prefer this one.
Gonna try to duplicate that other one, but then starring my gf ;)
Ren0W

Post by Ren0W »

Haven't played for 3 weeks now, but...

where is that 2nd treasure located ? ;d

Return to “Games Consoles”