[Mk2] [Turbo] First one in the UK?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

reddev1ll09

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] First one in the UK?

Post by reddev1ll09 »

Does the engine need to be out to fit this ? as i tried but could not get the cover off in situ :mad:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

It doesn't need to be out but you do need to get the troublesome middle bolt out of the existing cover. I think that may require dropping the engine mount on that side...
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
reddev1ll09

Post by reddev1ll09 »

I got the middle bolt out & loosend the bracket beside it (think it's for the mount) but it seems like there is somthin else holding it...it's as if it needs to step out so it clears the cams/belt then up^ & out. Your right tho the middle bolt was fecking torture ](*,)
I am going to give it another go today :pray:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

shouldnt need to remove anything.....
if you want to avoid scratching it, then id say prob need to removed ic pipe, and brake booster line....and any vac hoses off the manifold by the tb.
reddev1ll09

Post by reddev1ll09 »

jimGTS wrote:shouldnt need to remove anything.....
if you want to avoid scratching it, then id say prob need to removed ic pipe, and brake booster line....and any vac hoses off the manifold by the tb.

my 2 is n/a buddy, but thanks for the input :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”