4 wheel alignment camber and castor in East Northants

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Clarky_X

4 wheel alignment camber and castor in East Northants

Post by Clarky_X »

Hi, i need to get my positive camber addressed and as all 4 link arms have been replaced, need 4 wheel alignment too. My local Orbit Tyres can't do camber and castor. I rang Northampton Motorsport and they said it starts at £85+ and with everything needing doing would probably be nearer £150+

Ouch, that's a lot for what with laser alignment tools can't be half a days work?

Can anyone recommend somewhere that can do everything around East Northants Area, around Wellingborough ish?
System-G

Re: 4 wheel alignment camber and castor in East Northants

Post by System-G »

Tyres Northampton (Weedon Road) are highly reputable, but not cheap.

When you get to castor and camber it starts getting expensive if taking it to a place like those.

Also when they say "Starts at" it also means that any stuck bits that need time freeing off will also be chargable.

Budget around £150 for a decent job - anything less will be a bargain :thumleft:
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
Red

Post by Red »

System-G wrote:Tyres Northampton (Weedon Road) are highly reputable, but not cheap.

Always use them for tyres and alignment and can't recommend them highly enough :thumleft:
Clarky_X

Post by Clarky_X »

I think Northampton Motorsport would do a spot on job, they have a fair bit of experience setting up and building race cars. They did my rolling road investigations.

So I guess when taking it anywhere, a good dousing in WD would be the order of the day to make sure things come off as easy as.
Clarky_X

Post by Clarky_X »

Have to say I am impressed with Tyres Northampton. Took the 2 there today and they did what they could for £89.99 (seemed to be standard rate). But there were a couple of probs. Only one wheel had the camber bolts in the right way round so they couldn't adjust the camber till I take them out and put them in the other way round. They recommended getting a quick camber kit from POTN but at about £20 a corner I don't think so.

And they couldn't do the caster till I replace the front control arm bushes. And my front drop links need changing again, seems that those cheap ebay ones were a waste of money. They said I might need shorter or longer ones though as they are pulled at a funny angle. (Maybe cos of my whiteline front ARB).

I will post another thread for parts wanted as I need another indicator stalk and the steering column cowling top and bottom that goes round the ignition barrel.

They said they don't charge for a recheck, so if I sort the parts and fit them, then just pop it back to have set up.

I love the way they've got a second screen in the viewing gallery so you can see what the engineer is doing real time.
JayUK91

Post by JayUK91 »

Sounds promising, i'm fairly local so i'll bear them in mind :thumleft:
Clarky_X

Post by Clarky_X »

I ordered the bushes from fensport. Poly ones.

I ordered the indicator and cowling from ebay.

I will get genuine toyota drop links and see how they fair witht the stress on them, fensport did them but they seemed a tad expensive but not got toyota price yet.
Clarky_X

Post by Clarky_X »

Genuine drop links are £70 each. 'Koff you robbing b4stards.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Clarky_X wrote:Genuine drop links are £70 each. 'Koff you robbing b4stards.

It's a false economy to buy cheaper copies IMO.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Clarky_X

Post by Clarky_X »

What about the ones from twosrus? £72.95 a pair. Half the price at same or better quality. Any experience? Rather half the price if I know they will last than buy £20 ebay ones again.
Clarky_X

Post by Clarky_X »

Anyone use the twosrus links? Should I get them? They will adjust the length if I need them to later for just another £15.
Clarky_X

Post by Clarky_X »

I take it no-one has used the twosrus ones then. I'll take a punt I think.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”