Ferrari replicas? WHY?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Re: Ferrari replicas? WHY?

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

ashman wrote:Holy fracking dog vomit- that is N A S T Y

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r420 ... 3/vomi.gif

Ashman, seriously, thatnks for that comment, I'm still chuckling at it, for real. Your response was hilarious mate!

B
ashley

Post by ashley »

Just wish I could thank you in return buddy- but I'm still washing the taste of vomit out of my mouth after clicking on that link....s'gonna take a while to get over that one [-X
Paul in the Port

Post by Paul in the Port »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:

I feel decidedly ill!

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2009/02/el ... based.html

:pale:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

That looks like something that complete moron - Leepu, from Chop Shop would build!!!! Thats truly nasty!!

It needs to be yellow anyway!! :D
loudandproud205
IMOC Organiser

Post by loudandproud205 »

a replica is meant to look like the thing its copying what on gods earth replica about that?

the only thing i can think it looks like is a steaming pile of ................
lemonyfresh

Post by lemonyfresh »

.............. excrement

for those of us that are too warm to fill the gaps today -melts-
blacker than the blackest black, TIMES INFINITY!
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Shame on all of you for knocking someone elses hard labour and passion. Guess I found the line for all of you then! Glad I made my point! :mrgreen:

:clown:
Si_Crewe

Post by Si_Crewe »

That looks pretty decent to me.

It's a Batmobile, right?
ashley

Post by ashley »

Bat sh*t mobile more like :eye:
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

So does this mean that the Mustang replica is xxxx but the Ferrari one is fantastic? Does this mean that you can knock some replicas but not others? Can you narrow your minds to some kits but not others? And finally....

ARE YOU A BUNCH OF HYPOCRITS!!!!!!???????? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :eye: :eye: :eye: :thumleft: :oldtongue: :oldtongue: :oldtongue: :oldtongue: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
ashley

Post by ashley »

:lol: I don't remember defending the ferrarri replicas....I just didn't join in the public dissing of a fellow member's tastes but I'm sure you weren't doing it to have a go at him personally

Each to his own...
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Oh my word, just look at this. You wonder why people laugh so hard at these wannabes?! Yeah, right £11k?

http://www.gumtree.com/london/26/58782926.html

Now THATS comedy! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
nikaiyo

Post by nikaiyo »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:
No offence but I'd rather wipe my bell-end across an image of that that kiss it!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumleft:

LMAO so... Bobby is undecided on this issue :clown:

Each tyo there own but the italian police have the right idea

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/27/outr ... e-ferrari/
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

Well yes the Mustang MR2 looks crap. But actually have to say I'm quite impressed with the pics of the replica Ferraris that have been posted.

I do like the way the rear of the car gets widened and the style of the air vents. Someone should design a MR2 bodykit that copies some of the nicer features of the ferrari replicas but does away with the attempts to replicate the whole thing with wheels, badges and a dodgy copy of the car interior :eye:
Si_Crewe

Post by Si_Crewe »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:So does this mean that the Mustang replica is xxxx but the Ferrari one is fantastic? Does this mean that you can knock some replicas but not others? Can you narrow your minds to some kits but not others? And finally....

ARE YOU A BUNCH OF HYPOCRITS!!!!!!???????? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :eye: :eye: :eye: :thumleft: :oldtongue: :oldtongue: :oldtongue: :oldtongue: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

You mean it's not allowed to like one thing but not like something else?

Are there rules for this stuff?
If so, where can they be found?

:-k
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

lemonyfresh

Post by lemonyfresh »

oh dear, i actually clicked that link #-o its too early me to process humour :P

this thread is cracking me up every time i come back to check it - i only created it because i saw that ad on pistonheads and it ANGERED ME!

ditto on one of the last posts though, the side skirts on the ferrari kit do look cool (air vents etc) would be nice if the rest of it wasnt trying to imitate a 355 though :mrgreen:
blacker than the blackest black, TIMES INFINITY!
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

I am sure I saw a different Mustang kit, must have a look again. But I'd rather do that than have a Ferrari kit. Do something that is unique,not badge it anything, rather than have something that is pretending to be what it is not. I have no problem with anyone doing anything to their cars, just don't get the whole, pretend its something its not. I just know I'd never own a Mustang so why not have a right hand drive similar looking one.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Tiamat wrote:I am sure I saw a different Mustang kit, must have a look again. But I'd rather do that than have a Ferrari kit. Do something that is unique,not badge it anything, rather than have something that is pretending to be what it is not. I have no problem with anyone doing anything to their cars, just don't get the whole, pretend its something its not. I just know I'd never own a Mustang so why not have a right hand drive similar looking one.

Once again, just like Ferrari-wannabes, you make them sound so out of reach.

Modern one?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Old one?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

...so what was that reason again for ripping off someone elses work? :whistle:
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Bobby, never said it was out of reach, I am just likely never to own one.
Though it is cheaper, given I can get an MR2 in reasonable nick for £1500, plus the kit £4000. Spraying would be done by friend. Could have the whole thing sorted for about £6000.

Left hand drive - pain in the ass when you pulling down up to 1000 miles a week. Relaibility and parts? Much easier to go with Toyota and know the engine etc. Plus I am not pretending its a Mustang, I am buying a body kit fopr the car that may look similar to a Mustang. I am not pretending it is, see all my posts, said I would have no badges on it, just enjoy having a new car.

I see no difference between that and buying a Border kit or Veilside kit. Its just a bodywaork alteration.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Tiamat wrote:Bobby, never said it was out of reach, I am just likely never to own one.
Though it is cheaper, given I can get an MR2 in reasonable nick for £1500, plus the kit £4000. Spraying would be done by friend. Could have the whole thing sorted for about £6000.

Left hand drive - pain in the ass when you pulling down up to 1000 miles a week. Relaibility and parts? Much easier to go with Toyota and know the engine etc. Plus I am not pretending its a Mustang, I am buying a body kit fopr the car that may look similar to a Mustang. I am not pretending it is, see all my posts, said I would have no badges on it, just enjoy having a new car.

I see no difference between that and buying a Border kit or Veilside kit. Its just a bodywaork alteration.

Really? You dont see ANY difference? Hmmmm

How about one kit is sold as an individual styling product by a tuning house for a Toyota model which remains a Toyota model whereas the other kit is sold as making the car into a Mustang replica!! :-k

So are you saying you might put all the MR2/Toyota badges back on the Mustand copy kit?

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”