Toyota Badging

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Toyota Badging

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

Think it's just a UK N/A thing but I've seen some MR2s with a 'T' emblem in the centre of the rear bootlid below the spoiler. Is this a custom mod or is it oem on some models?

Like this...

thanks in advance.

Bobby
Tubby

Re: Toyota Badging

Post by Tubby »

Any better pics buddy,i cant see what you mean :oops:
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Really? Can you see the silver oval Toyota logo in the centre of the bootlid mate. Thats what I'm referring to. Turbos didnt have them as std.

regards,

Bobby
ej2_sir

Post by ej2_sir »

Its a UK thing mate.
All UK models had Toyota written where the Turbo's GT/S badge was, the Toyota symbol in middle and something to do with the engine size on the right (GTi2.016V or something like that!!??)
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Here's the badge on a yanky car...

B
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

ej2_sir wrote:Its a UK thing mate.
All UK models had Toyota written where the Turbo's GT/S badge was, the Toyota symbol in middle and something to do with the engine size on the right (GTi2.016V or something like that!!??)

So do you know if its a pure stciker job or if it require holes like the front one on the bumper?

thanks,

Bobby
Tubby

Post by Tubby »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:Really? Can you see the silver oval Toyota logo in the centre of the bootlid mate. Thats what I'm referring to. Turbos didnt have them as std.

regards,

Bobby

Yes i can see the toyota badge,just nothing with a T in it :oops: or do i need new glasses :eye: :lol: just had a look and i haven't got one on mine.
Last edited by Tubby on Wed May 19, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Tubby wrote:
Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:Really? Can you see the silver oval Toyota logo in the centre of the bootlid mate. Thats what I'm referring to. Turbos didnt have them as std.

regards,

Bobby

Yes i can see the toyota badge,just nothing with a T in it :oops: or do i need new glasses :eye: :lol:

The Toyota badge IS a 'T' mate! Its a 'T' in an oval buddy.

B
ej2_sir

Post by ej2_sir »

been a while since had a NA but I would imagine a badge of that size would have 2 prongs to attach it. If no one else knows a call to Toyota dealer should confirm.
Tubby

Post by Tubby »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:
Tubby wrote:

regards,

Bobby

Yes i can see the toyota badge,just nothing with a T in it :oops: or do i need new glasses :eye: :lol:

The Toyota badge IS a 'T' mate! Its a 'T' in an oval buddy.

B

Top man,thanks for clearing that up :thumleft:
Last edited by Tubby on Wed May 19, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msherry21

Post by msherry21 »

I have a rev3 turbo with the symbol there. So its not just UK cars.

michael.
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

msherry21 wrote:I have a rev3 turbo with the symbol there. So its not just UK cars.

michael.

Just rang a Toyota dealer, and he's not sure but thinks it might sit in a recess although he tells me it deffo has locating pins. [-(

Can you check for me to see if its mounted on a normal bootlid. I cant see there being a recessed lid but just in case.

B
alan7

Post by alan7 »

the toyota writing on the uk to the passenger side is stick on the toyota t emblem in centre is 2 pins and the gti2.016v on the drivers side is just stick on i know as i just removed them lol

then i got a rev3 turbo bootlid for my rev5 spoiler and the side badges were just stuck on and no toyota t

Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Thanks, Youre a legend!

B
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

alan7 wrote:the toyota writing on the uk to the passenger side is stick on the toyota t emblem in centre is 2 pins and the gti2.016v on the drivers side is just stick on i know as i just removed them lol

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab98 ... URMR24.jpg

then i got a rev3 turbo bootlid for my rev5 spoiler and the side badges were just stuck on and no toyota t

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab98 ... 143015.jpg

Sorry, one last question. The centre Emblem, is it curved with the bootlid or is there a flattened recess in the lid especially for this badge?

Thanks,

Bobby
alan7

Post by alan7 »

no probs mate glad to be of some assistance for once rather than having to ask all the questions lol :thumleft: :thumleft:
ya_crow

Post by ya_crow »

The badge is slightly curved to fit the boot lid. There's no recess, just two locating holes.
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Thanks, I want to add one of those, and nothing else to my boot.

B
Si_Crewe

Post by Si_Crewe »

FWIW, I know you can get self-adhesive T-logo badges made of bendy rubber off eBay.

The one I got was a solid oval pad with a raised silver T logo and the background was painted black.

Might come in handy for the curved boot lid as long as you can find one with the correct coloured background.
Won't be much use if you have a custom paint job though.
Ren0W

Post by Ren0W »

Lol so funny this, to see how strange people are.

I have (we over here) the Toyota logo, and want it off, no emblems on the car (only the runabout one)

And you (over there), don't got the Toyota logo, and you want to add it.

:lol:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”