PP cars all rubbish?????

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jimGTS

Re: PP cars all rubbish?????

Post by jimGTS »

Andy F wrote:The pp cars we know of run more power then the majority of cars on this site.

Ok then fill in the blanks approx power will do or
quarter mile times if were not number chasing

Black car ________

Lockys car _______

Jims car _______

Any others??

Jims car _________

403hp and 360lb :-), 1.45bar
385ish hp at 1.25bar
335ish hp at 0.85bar

I'm well happy with that. Makes good power even at low boost levels.
Bare in mind this is no huge old school t88, so still a pretty small turbo which I'd guess is the main limiting factor along with the sidemount ic in the quest for crazy hp levels.

I'm well pleased with the car
:mrgreen:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

i got boost wrote:
jimGTS wrote:The black bodykitted one I simply have not heard alot about (the one recently for sale). Shame as would have been good to see it at some shows.
It will be at some shows next year :D also on about jap cars that are imported not making good power weren't the abflug/ysr one the most powerful mr2 in the country when it first came over ?

so did you actually buy this car???

ive been hunting around for it on the forums for pics, but still none??

this car hasnt disappeared again has it???
lockys96

Post by lockys96 »

Andy F wrote:Lockys car at TOTB7 did 11.91 at 116mph

not a bad time, but i think the 116mph says 400bhp fly ish

andy, this was 2nd time drag racing and on stock tyres, i should have stayed at home, that day intake temps were 70c ask ryan.g, i had a a scored engine with blow by and could run 1.2 bar.

there is also a reason that on that spec the exhaust was 89db at 5,000rpm, you get the restriction in the map, and id say ure right, 400hp on that day,

i had been doing 126mph terminals at shakespere months before everytime with 2.2 60ft's, no traction, and yes no skill.

anyway, im living in japan now,

the problems ive had are not so related to what pp did at all, its result of tradman ship here, wont name names
Ryan.g

Post by Ryan.g »

lockys96 wrote:

andy, this was 2nd time drag racing and on stock tyres, i should have stayed at home, that day intake temps were 70c ask ryan.g, i had a a scored engine with blow by and could run 1.2 bar.

there is also a reason that on that spec the exhaust was 89db at 5,000rpm, you get the restriction in the map, and id say ure right, 400hp on that day,

i had been doing 126mph terminals at shakespere months before everytime with 2.2 60ft's, no traction, and yes no skill.

the problems ive had are not so related to what pp did at all, its result of tradman ship here, wont name names

Hope everything is going well in Japan chap and you are settling in well.

If you fancy earning abit of money on the side do you fancy looking for Powerfc's and Fcon's for me :)

Got to visit at some point!

Ryan
lockys96

Post by lockys96 »

Ryan.g wrote:
lockys96 wrote:

Hope everything is going well in Japan chap and you are settling in well.

If you fancy earning abit of money on the side do you fancy looking for Powerfc's and Fcon's for me :)

Got to visit at some point!

Ryan

yeh, Japan is great mate. living and working near Ikebukuro in Tokyo as an english teacher, love it here.....

not sure where to look, i know jurgen is better at that though his yahoo auction links, i still have to meet up with russell from RHD japan.
i got boost

Post by i got boost »

jimGTS wrote:
i got boost wrote:
jimGTS wrote:The black bodykitted one I simply have not heard alot about (the one recently for sale). Shame as would have been good to see it at some shows.
It will be at some shows next year :D also on about jap cars that are imported not making good power weren't the abflug/ysr one the most powerful mr2 in the country when it first came over ?

so did you actually buy this car???

ive been hunting around for it on the forums for pics, but still none??

this car hasnt disappeared again has it???
yes i now have this car i put up a project thread on the tb forum but because he wont be building the engine he went funny and i am now banned :? i will be starting a project thread on here soon just waiting to get a few more bits togeather also found out why the power is so low its a standard block no stroker kit :evil: so i now have a 5s block just going to get the bottom of the block built first then the head later on
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

What makes you think it should have been a striker kit???
I don't remember there being any mention if it having one?

Also, stroker or no stroker, cars can still easily make power, it can't be down on power cause of no stroker, makes no sense.

And afaik, very few project threads on tb are built by tim, can't see you getting banned for that, pmsl.
i got boost

Post by i got boost »

i got banned lol
also the advert said stroker kit
but it has standard pistons i would not want to pust it much past 300
i was tempted to put my forged engine in out of my other mr2

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”