Abandoned Rev2 Turbo in Aberdeen Multi Storey Car Park

Seen another MR2 when you were out and about? Find out if it was another IMOCer here.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nikaiyo

Re: Abandoned Rev2 Turbo in Aberdeen Multi Storey Car Park

Post by nikaiyo »

afennell wrote:yes, but if the car is on the road the insurance is invalid if its involved in any accidents.

Dude that is not correct, insurance is not invalidated by not having tax.
nikaiyo

Post by nikaiyo »

Just been reading the Cossie thread and it strikes me that taking a cossie like that is really quite stupid. Based on the people i have come across with cossies there is one reason it has been left for 4 years.......
The bloke who owned it is currently inside for dealing or half killing somone... :eye:
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

What id like to know is

If it was parked up for two years when did he first notice it ?

and id also like to tell him that just because the tax disc that was in the window showed that it was out of date doesnt mean that somewhere there wasnt a current tax disc to that vehicle. The car might not have been there that long and the owner could have removed the disc so it wasnt broken into for it. I know it is a legal requirement to display a disc etc but maybe that was their thinking behind it.

Ive read the fresh replies and i still think its dodgey as hell. All the ford lot are looking for abandoned cars now. #-o
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

Mike 'MR2' McHugh wrote:

and id also like to tell him that just because the tax disc that was in the window showed that it was out of date doesnt mean that somewhere there wasnt a current tax disc to that vehicle. The car might not have been there that long and the owner could have removed the disc so it wasnt broken into for it. I know it is a legal requirement to display a disc etc but maybe that was their thinking behind it.

That could well be the case. My car spent 2years away from home but i made sure it was always taxed when the mot was still valid. The displayed ticket was well out of date when i picked it up.

With regards to where it was parked you can leave cars in what could be deemed as public property, like resident parking areas etc. There is an annoying clio that is sorned out the back of my girlfriends place in the garage block. So think the information would have to come from the dvla about if it was parked in a legitimate place to be sorned or not.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

cantfindausername wrote:
Mike 'MR2' McHugh wrote:

That could well be the case. My car spent 2years away from home but i made sure it was always taxed when the mot was still valid. The displayed ticket was well out of date when i picked it up.

With regards to where it was parked you can leave cars in what could be deemed as public property, like resident parking areas etc. There is an annoying clio that is sorned out the back of my girlfriends place in the garage block. So think the information would have to come from the dvla about if it was parked in a legitimate place to be sorned or not.

He probably lied about where it was parked any way, dvla would not come out and check and he could have told them anything. If you look at the pics of the recovered damaged vehicle it doesnt actually look that dirty, certainly didnt have moss growing on it !!!!
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

cantfindausername wrote:With regards to where it was parked you can leave cars in what could be deemed as public property, like resident parking areas etc.

there is a residents only car park at the side of our buiding, not gated or anything just a sign saying so
are you saying i could sorn my car in the parking area?
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

Quigonjay wrote:
cantfindausername wrote:With regards to where it was parked you can leave cars in what could be deemed as public property, like resident parking areas etc.

there is a residents only car park at the side of our buiding, not gated or anything just a sign saying so
are you saying i could sorn my car in the parking area?

I'm saying you'd need to call the DVLA to see if that will be acceptable. They state that you should call if you're unsure what qualifies as "not on the public road". You then get a letter from the DVLA for SORN notification that you can put in the window. I'm considering putting a note on the clio to see if they just want shot of it as some people pay cash for scrappers, and its been there for a good couple of years now. Takes up valuable space where I could be working on my car :lol:
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
uglee

Post by uglee »

Meant to check if the car was still there before I left aberdeen, instead due to the weather I was otherwise engaged with just trying to keep the car on the road.

Never seen anything like it for a long time! :pale:
Darth

Post by Darth »

sheppy wrote:
4wd=thug/chav
fwd=boy racer/car dick
rwd= morally responsible
bike= maniac

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Im a morally responsible maniac! I have just sold a 4x4 though so have only just turned from being a thug/chav maniac.

Can the OP pm me whereabouts this abandoned mr2 is/was? Wouldnt mind trying to track down the owner and see if i can buy it for cheapness/spares/fixer upper...
Rhiannan

Post by Rhiannan »

The cars in Aberdeen (clues in the thread title :wink: )
uglee

Post by uglee »

Was in Chapel Street MultiStorey, but might have gone now. Not been back to check as I'm staying in a hotel on Market Street
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Surprised it's not been stolen after this thread, especially if any of the "cossie" w4nks got a whiff of it.
Darth

Post by Darth »

Rhiannan wrote:The cars in Aberdeen (clues in the thread title :wink: )

There is more than one car park in Aberdeen! :wink:

uglee wrote:Was in Chapel Street MultiStorey, but might have gone now. Not been back to check as I'm staying in a hotel on Market Street

Might go down for a nosey sometime.
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

Not sure if i`m going to get slated for this but i did get the v5 in the end.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... highlight=
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

platmatt8 wrote:Not sure if i`m going to get slated for this but i did get the v5 in the end.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... highlight=

think that's a bit different, the car is on your property so what (realistically) are you supposed to do, what i disagreed with on that cossie thread was it was all very shady and then the guy sold the car, in your case the guy probably knew where the car is and has decided to leave it, either that or he now know where you live and is "coming for you" lol :D
spikkey

Post by spikkey »

Back to original thread.
I forgot about the abandoned Turbo until today.
Parked up in the Chapel St multistorey and on the way out there she was sitting abandoned by the exit stairway covered in dust looking real sorry for herself.:(
Took a few pics on my mobile before i had to head off back to work.
Nearly brought a tear to me eyes :cry:
whitworthmike

Post by whitworthmike »

spikkey wrote:Back to original thread.
I forgot about the abandoned Turbo until today.
Parked up in the Chapel St multistorey and on the way out there she was sitting abandoned by the exit stairway covered in dust looking real sorry for herself.:(
Took a few pics on my mobile before i had to head off back to work.
Nearly brought a tear to me eyes :cry:

please post the pics. :)
spikkey

Post by spikkey »

Here she is
Enough to make a grown man cry :cry:
Last edited by spikkey on Sat May 01, 2010 9:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
whitworthmike

Post by whitworthmike »

Cheers dude. :thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Really odd that isnt it. Still sat there after so long. Someone should rescue it!

Return to “Spotted”