Splinter Cell

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

matt_mr2t

Splinter Cell

Post by matt_mr2t »

Seen a couple of adverts for a new Splinter Cell game. Never played any of the previous ones. What's it like?
Ekona

Re: Splinter Cell

Post by Ekona »

I'll let you know when I get a chance to play my copy ;)

£33 including 800 free MSP which I didn't think was too bad. Might give it a go tonight if I get a chance, else it'll be tomorrow.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

ekona wrote:I'll let you know when I get a chance to play my copy ;)

£33 including 800 free MSP which I didn't think was too bad. Might give it a go tonight if I get a chance, else it'll be tomorrow.

HMV?

All I've ever used MSP for is GH and RB songs :lol:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

not too bad, been playing it a few days. your basically lone wolf trying to find out who killed ur daughter. some cool new features on it tho. gonna play the co op with my brother tonight as splinter cell has always been ace online
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Does it matter if I havent played the other games?
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

matt_mr2t wrote:Does it matter if I havent played the other games?

not really, in one of the old games his daughter got killed and now you have left or been kicked from your agency and now they are after you to stop you finding out how she died. thats what ive gathered so far anyway.
theres quite a cool mission set in iraq tho where you have to find sam fisher.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

matt_mr2t wrote:HMV?

All I've ever used MSP for is GH and RB songs :lol:

Yup, HMV but airside at Stansted airport so cheaper than in their high street shops :mrgreen:

And me too re: MSP, except I also buy all the old classic games on their as well (Perfect Dark being my latest acquisition).
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

On the subject of points, they are now trialling in america a new scheme where you buy in blocks of 400 instead of 500.

I know thats most peoples gripe about the point system so i really hope they bring it over here.

Never bought points but it must be annoying always having some you cant use.
Rev 3 GTS
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

SamUK wrote:On the subject of points, they are now trialling in america a new scheme where you buy in blocks of 400 instead of 500.

I know thats most peoples gripe about the point system so i really hope they bring it over here.

Never bought points but it must be annoying always having some you cant use.

You can find ways of using them up. There's loads of things at different prices, it depends if you just want to waste them on something like a theme/picture or top up for a game or tune.
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

I bought this on fri and it's pretty good tbh, I got the 800 points free too and then a mate thats not got live gave me his as well!!!

I have 2500 points and not a clue on what to spend them on lol.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

mikee66 wrote:I bought this on fri and it's pretty good tbh, I got the 800 points free too and then a mate thats not got live gave me his as well!!!

If you have Guitar Hero and or Rock Band there's loads of songs for them at about 160 points each or packs for a bit more. Or even whole albums for about 1200 points.
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

matt_mr2t wrote:
mikee66 wrote:I bought this on fri and it's pretty good tbh, I got the 800 points free too and then a mate thats not got live gave me his as well!!!

If you have Guitar Hero and or Rock Band there's loads of songs for them at about 160 points each or packs for a bit more. Or even whole albums for about 1200 points.

I have them on ps3 lol

I don't even have mw2 on 360!!

I hear crazy taxi is incoming to xbla so that might be worth a punt!
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

mikee66 wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:

I have them on ps3 lol

I don't even have mw2 on 360!!

I hear crazy taxi is incoming to xbla so that might be worth a punt!

Quake Arena is coming too apparently. Its all leaked info though so not sure how true it was.

Theres some leaked info about the fall update for the dashboard and its meant to look pretty sweet. Think the pics had been removed from the site by the time i got there though.
Rev 3 GTS

Return to “Games Consoles”