Silver & black heavily modded rev3 - Burley & Wharfedale

Seen another MR2 when you were out and about? Find out if it was another IMOCer here.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2nut123

Silver & black heavily modded rev3 - Burley & Wharfedale

Post by mr2nut123 »

Seen you a few times now kicking about showing off with your screamer and your t-bars off. Not big and not clev...... wait, I do that sometimes :lol: Nice motor! :thumleft: Show yourself!! :)
Last edited by mr2nut123 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MR2_Turbo

Re: Silver & black heavily modded rev3 - Burley & Wharfedale

Post by MR2_Turbo »

That'll be me then :mrgreen:

Can't beat a bit of sunshine and blasting round the Yorkshire Dales :thumleft:

You in the yellow rev 2 at the roundabout??
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

MR2_Turbo wrote:That'll be me then :mrgreen:

Can't beat a bit of sunshine and blasting round the Yorkshire Dales :thumleft:

You in the yellow rev 2 at the roundabout??

Sweet car. Yea that was my mates border tubby. I've got a black rev2 tubby with just a tiny bit more umph O:) :wink:

What sort of power you running through that these days? I remember once when you booted it through Bingley on a night out and my mates were like "jeeeez, was that an MR2?" "Yea, good old 3S-GTE!" :twisted:
MR2_Turbo

Post by MR2_Turbo »

Around the 350 mark @ 1.2 bar, one day i'll get round to getting it re-mapped and get some proper boost through it :mrgreen:

I think i seen yours in Shipley, it is the one with the big boot mount intercooler?
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

MR2_Turbo wrote:Around the 350 mark @ 1.2 bar, one day i'll get round to getting it re-mapped and get some proper boost through it :mrgreen:

I think i seen yours in Shipley, it is the one with the big boot mount intercooler?

Cool. Great power for sidemount..? I was gonna say, the TD06 should see you a nice reliable 400bhp when you get the time/funds.

Aye, that's the one. There's quite a few of us MR2 owners around here now :thumleft:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Just read your list. Chargecooler, that will explain the better power. What sort of torque figures you seeing at 1.2bar?
Kinsy

Post by Kinsy »

You werent the Sonic Shadow i saw this morning getting off the M1 at J26 were you?

Beeped ya as i went round the roundabout (rev3 carribean blue). The lights were on amber yes but they just flicked on as i approached, i would have stopped but i was late enough as it is & would have had to talk to you over my Toms C7R rears strapped to the passenger seat!
MR2_Turbo

Post by MR2_Turbo »

mr2nut123 wrote:Just read your list. Chargecooler, that will explain the better power. What sort of torque figures you seeing at 1.2bar?

300ft/lb it's quick enough for now :)

Is your boot mount one of Xxxx's? Ryan was saying last time he was up how effective they are.

Kinsy wrote:

You werent the Sonic Shadow i saw this morning getting off the M1 at J26 were you?

No mate not me :)
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

MR2_Turbo wrote:
mr2nut123 wrote:Just read your list. Chargecooler, that will explain the better power. What sort of torque figures you seeing at 1.2bar?

300ft/lb it's quick enough for now :)

Is your boot mount one of Xxxx's? Ryan was saying last time he was up how effective they are.

That's the one! I don't believe they are even a highly regarded make such as Greddy, but they are twin core, very huge and the efficiency is amazing, even on the red hot dyno. Just goes to show that sometimes you don't have to pay well over the odds for a badge/stamp :wink:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Probably noticed that I was in mine this time! Nice car mate.

p.s. How did the 2nd gear slide look? :wink: O:) :twisted:
MR2_Turbo

Post by MR2_Turbo »

Yeh nice car mate, that boot mount looks mean as fook. How do you go on with those rear lights, they ok for the MOT?

It certainly turned a few heads when we both gunned it especially when your back end kicked out :mrgreen:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

MR2_Turbo wrote:Yeh nice car mate, that boot mount looks mean as fook. How do you go on with those rear lights, they ok for the MOT?

It certainly turned a few heads when we both gunned it especially when your back end kicked out :mrgreen:

Yea, the boot mount definately gets a lot of questions and looks. The Mrs hates it though as we can't use it for ASDA these days...what a shame that my doors won't have trolley marks from idiots :roll: :whistle:

Aye, couple of shocked faces! Just after you turned off an Audi RS4 tried to push me along.... :clown: no more said :wink:

If i'd had known you were up for a chat i'd have pulled over, will do next time so you can have a look. As for the lights, i'd got the strongest LED lights possible (at the time) from ultraleds.co.uk so they shine through fine. They're 10 times brighter than normal bulbs as they have loads of super brights LEDs inside. They cost a lot but LEDs last forever so well worth the price.

Return to “Spotted”