First proper drive and what a drive!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

John145

First proper drive and what a drive!

Post by John145 »

Been out today enjoying the nice sunshine on the moors around Huddersfield, was quite a spirited drive! The car is fantastic, don't get close to the limits of the thing before I reach my own limits of braveness lol.

Love how flat it is through the corners and always planted, brakes were superb too, loving this car at the moment! Did use about a tenners fuel in 30 miles but nevermind, it was worth it!! :thumleft:
-:[KM]:-

Re: First proper drive and what a drive!

Post by -:[KM]:- »

What car were you in? :lol:

Only joking.. it must be a rev2 turbo. A black one by the sounds of it (they're the quickest!). :mrgreen:
bluesmoke

Post by bluesmoke »

Ah my neck of the woods :)

Did you drive over Saddleworth? Heading in the direction of Manchester via Holme Moss is a nice drive too. Some fantastic roads up around there!
John145

Post by John145 »

Rev2 NA, but it is black so it is the fastest of the lot lol.

I went to Holmfirth then down to the moors and back through xxxxx Tone and then back into the Hudd, took about an hour with a couple of stops on the way!
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

I bought mine to work today and it made the journey in considerably more exciting that the norm. I take the country roads to work and although bumpy, there are some nice corners to scream through. Being half term made a difference too. Cant wait to get some proper use out of my car this year now. :thumleft:
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
fizz

Post by fizz »

Another local lad ehh... I hammered my old tubby round saddleworth moor a few months back and it was a hoot! :thumleft:

Currently downgraded to a rev 3 NA for now. Wouldnt mind a blast out soon if anyone fancies it.
Rob B

Post by Rob B »

Plenty of good roads up our end

A640
A635
M62 :wink:
punkrockscreech

Post by punkrockscreech »

Alright, alright!
Thats enough of that! I'v got to work away for the next two weeks and theres good weather on the way! :mad:
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Woooo, more local boys. Where you from? Some good roads oop on them there moors! Lol
had a nice little blast tonight as well after takin me dad to pick his car up from garage. Even had a play with 2 quads, damn they shifted, right on my ar$e round some corners and were supprisingly not to far behind on straights! Lol
although there's a few bike engine quads around now!
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Steve Horrocks wrote:Woooo, more local boys. Where you from? Some good roads oop on them there moors! Lol
had a nice little blast tonight as well after takin me dad to pick his car up from garage. Even had a play with 2 quads, damn they shifted, right on my ar$e round some corners and were supprisingly not to far behind on straights! Lol

With your kind of power they must be absolutely insane! :shock: I bet they were so shocked though lol :wink:
blue2

Post by blue2 »

I feel like I've been neglecting mine, the gearbox is on the way out so I've been driving my other car. But this week I've been using it for work and wow it's soooo better! Puts a smile on my face everyday!
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

mr2nut123 wrote:
Steve Horrocks wrote:Woooo, more local boys. Where you from? Some good roads oop on them there moors! Lol

With your kind of power they must be absolutely insane! :shock: I bet they were so shocked though lol :wink:

yeah, they must've been nutters!!! It's the way he was holding on round the corners!
My dad, who was obviously getting further & further behind in a 1.25 fiesta, said we were shifting and sounded like hell was angry!But yeah, if they know how quick they are, mine must've shocked them a bit!

Does it mean I need more power though now?!
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Steve Horrocks wrote:
mr2nut123 wrote:

yeah, they must've been nutters!!! It's the way he was holding on round the corners!
My dad, who was obviously getting further & further behind in a 1.25 fiesta, said we were shifting and sounded like hell was angry!But yeah, if they know how quick they are, mine must've shocked them a bit!

Does it mean I need more power though now?!

I think what you already have is more than enough :shock: Surely you don't run 1.9bar all the time though? Block will be gone in months not years. 1.5 to 1.6bar seems to be the max safe limit but some seem to get away with murder (2bar+) for years.
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Nice to see your enjoying it still John , when you going to put some pics up ?? :thumleft:
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
Hou

Post by Hou »

bluesmoke wrote:Ah my neck of the woods :)

Did you drive over Saddleworth? Heading in the direction of Manchester via Holme Moss is a nice drive too. Some fantastic roads up around there!

That road is great, then down to milnrow? Went over it at the weekend, shame it is so bumpy and the bad weather has ruined it (potholes everywhere)

I remember you liking that road a little Fizz :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”