Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

blue2

Re: Le Mans 2010

Post by blue2 »

Thanks Kieran :thumleft:
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Whoohoo Im all booked:- ferry, white car park, 2 dunlop grandstand tickets and 2 entrance tickets. By the way 1st tickets have I think 1 more dunlop ticket left, panorama have sold out but front straight grandstands have availability but not many, I would book now if you want a grandstand seat.
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Added the dates to the IMOC calendar. :thumleft:
I should really do this trip one year!!!
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Scott Barton wrote:I should really do this trip one year!!!

No time like the present :twisted:
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

You really should Scott, it's an incredible trip that no petrol head should miss :thumleft:
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Let me check with SWMBO.

Thing is, 7th is my sons B'day.........
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

S'okay, you can travel down whatever date you want. Me and Mark aren't going until the 9th, for example.
unowho

Post by unowho »

Just a quick update.....so far we have 3 pitches reserved for us, which would accomodate 9 to 12 tents, included in this number is Ki's pitch for Jason and Sheryl's Camper, Ki and Lyn's tent and Dan's tent, so hpefully the other 2 should be enough, but not really sure on how many tents going? :-k
Proud Mk2 owner
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I imagine Chris and Reema will be sharing a tent, and myself and Kev will be as well, so that's 2 more.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
widster

Post by widster »

Hi. Myself and a friend are going to Le Mans for the first time this year sharing the driving in my mk1. As it was a late decision and we haven't the first clue about where to start with organising things we have paid for an inclusive package with 1st tickets ferry, camping and entry ticket. We are staying at the bleu nord campsite. I assume you are all staying away from the circuit? Hope to see you there anyway. I'll look out for a group of MR2's. Cheers.

Widster
unowho

Post by unowho »

widster wrote:Hi. Myself and a friend are going to Le Mans for the first time this year sharing the driving in my mk1. As it was a late decision and we haven't the first clue about where to start with organising things we have paid for an inclusive package with 1st tickets ferry, camping and entry ticket. We are staying at the bleu nord campsite. I assume you are all staying away from the circuit? Hope to see you there anyway. I'll look out for a group of MR2's. Cheers.

Widster

Hiya,

You will love it!!!!!!! best experience ever \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ Good luck though staying on site, we stay about 15 minutes drive away, at a lovely chateau :whistle: . We park outside the circuit, White Car Park, just opposite pit straight entrance. Be good to catch up

Debs
Proud Mk2 owner
widster

Post by widster »

Thanks for the reply. Yes, would be great to catch up. I'll be in a 1988 Mica blue mk1b reg E300 FPK. Looking forward to it. We've heard mixed reports about the camping but i'm sure we'll survive. The chateau sounds good though! Cheers, Paul
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Hey everyone, not long to go now! My mr2 just needs a recon gearbox and it will be sorted. Only problem is money and time. Spent the long weekend cleaning and and waxing and now driving it again as the beemer needs a service. I like the bmw but the mr2 just handles a million times better. hmmmm wish I could take the 2 to lemans again! I everyone sorted then? 8)
Kieran Williams

Post by Kieran Williams »

I am pretty much sorted now, all is booked, car is being unwrapped as we speak and should be all good to go for June \:D/
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Have we decided whether we have enough pitches or not yet? As per my earlier post Chris & Reema have a tent and Kev and I have a tent (rather a large one by all accounts). Where does that leave us on pitch availability?
blue2

Post by blue2 »

I'm not sure, I'm on a pitch with Keiran, 1 car and 1 tent, but not sure on what's left. I'm sure there were 2 spots left on that pitch? We could do with sorting it all out tho so we don't get stung like last year.
unowho

Post by unowho »

Well as far as I know we have 3 pitches booked so far. Dominique has said he will allow!!!! 4 tents per pitch, as long as they as the small igloo type [-X [-X
So thinking out loud we may need another pitch,
as so far;

Pitch 1 = Ki and Lyn, Jason and Sheryl, Dan +1 = 2 tents, 1 camper
Pitch 2 = Mike and Jo, Chris and Reema, Alison, Jinxy = 4 tents
Pitch 3 = Me, John +1 and ?? = 2 tents at present

Think we still need to accomodate Dan, Mark, Stuart K and ???, so we may need a show of hands as to who is going for definite

Debs
Proud Mk2 owner
sloopeh

Post by sloopeh »

hi all i am really up for this. my car is in for its mot today, if it passes then game on. oh and if my passport ever comes back from its renewal.

I have never been before so need to know what stuff i need to sort out - bookings, tents and tickets...?

also it will be just me so is there space for me to come along with you guys? Dont want to be on my jack all week :)

cheers
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

At minimum you need to arrange ferry there and back, a parking ticket for the circuit and where you're going to camp - we don't camp at the circuit but at a nice little chateau nearby, so if you want to camp there (which I would recommend, it's a great place) then you'll need to sort out a pitch share with us. Due to the icelandic dust cloud I imagine ferry bookings are a little pricey right now though!!

You can buy your entry ticket on the gate on Weds or Thurs before the race so no worries there. You probably want some European brakedown cover, if your car is less than 15yrs old then I'd suggest Tesco (they resell green flag, they do a 10day euro cover package).
sloopeh

Post by sloopeh »

i cant believe after 3 months of work it passed the MOT so pls count me in on this. i would like to camp with you guys.

what is the parking pass? looking on the le mans ticket page not sure.

Return to “Past Events”