Is this any good? 400bhp mr2

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rob B

Is this any good? 400bhp mr2

Post by Rob B »

spotted this on pistonheads would anyone know of it or have any opinions all responses welcome:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1597890.htm
Last edited by Rob B on Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Re: Is this any good? 400bhp mr2

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

Whoa! Now there's a blast from the past!

Xxxx Mirza. The topic of many a thread over the years. Don't know much about the car itself but I've had a very bad experience with a purchase from him. Saying that, trying to be a little balanced, I know there are those who will defend him on here.

He got banned from here and elsewhere for faking timeslips and claiming he had the fastest MR2 in the UK. He got royally busted when not only members who were at the event but alsop the drag raceway themselves got involved.

Personally that's enogh of a character reference. However there is a lot of car there so you take your chances. Personally if you're determined, I'd do compression tests, leak tests the lot done before parting with cash (although transferring/paypal will protect you a little better). Pay someone from Rogue do inspect it for you.

Regards,

Bobby
Chris

Post by Chris »

They've stopped any Paypal protection now on cars. Rubbish that Paypal :lol:
Can't believe how many differant cars my old wheels have been on :lol: That inlet manifold on the black car looks interesting. I bet it flows really well...

Oh yeah, the charge temps will be cracking too with the IC above the full twin exit exhaust.

As said, get it inspected and maybe get it back and a dyno to check the power/map.
3sgte

Post by 3sgte »

Chris wrote: That inlet manifold on the black car looks interesting. I bet it flows really well...

nothing like a good 90 degree bend to mix the fuel and air up :eye:

I'm liking the all white speaker wire looking wiring to the injectors
greeny

Post by greeny »

3sgte wrote:
Chris wrote: That inlet manifold on the black car looks interesting. I bet it flows really well...

Thats the wire that comes with the wolfkatz injector clips. :)
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
dai21t

Post by dai21t »

That used to be my mates car. Think he ran a 12.4@115mph 1/4mile in it.
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Saw this car yesterday actually!!! Only from the outside but it looks sweet as!!!
Chris

Post by Chris »

3sgte wrote:

I looked at reversing the stock manifold like that. It's not right at all. You end up with ledges and the flow is poor. That's the reason I bought the KU one and reversed that.
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

dai21t wrote:That used to be my mates car. Think he ran a 12.4@115mph 1/4mile in it.

If you havent already, might be a good idea to PM the guy above direct and maybe put him in touch with your friend who could probably help a great deal.

B
alanmr2turbo

Post by alanmr2turbo »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote: Pay someone from Rogue do inspect it for you.

Bobby

LOL You may have heard stories about Xxxx but i have heard stories and seen some of Rogues handy work. I wouldn't trust them with a Tonka toy. Rogue by name, Rogue by nature.
TheBaker

Post by TheBaker »

Damn, that looks niice. :shock:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

alanmr2turbo wrote:
Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote: Pay someone from Rogue do inspect it for you.

Bobby

LOL You may have heard stories about Xxxx but i have heard stories and seen some of Rogues handy work. I wouldn't trust them with a Tonka toy. Rogue by name, Rogue by nature.

The thing with forums is, you get one muppet who doesn't know what they are on about to complain and everyone then believes it. Don't get me wrong, if I read a horror story I do think twice about it, but i'll ask other people who have dealt with them first before making my mind up.

I've heard horror stories about both, I really have, but having only dealt with Xxxx I can say that he's a good guy and will spend a lot of him time answering questions and making sure you're happy with everything. I will be honest and say there were a few issues but they were soon discussed and sorted out..

Rogue are too far away from me to consider taking work to but have been quite helpful via private messages etc.
easty-5

Post by easty-5 »

Xxxx is an absolute cowboy. I would avoid at all costs.

If you do go and look at the car, make sure he hasn't photoshopped the pictures in his for sale ad. Personally, I wouldn't waste my time. He is a waste of space.
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Might be a little far away but what about GTSChris? He's a trusted old soul. He's based in Newcastle last time I looked.

B
Rob B

Post by Rob B »

Thanks for the responses :thumleft: most are pretty useful might give this a miss....

I just really want an mr2 been after one for ages sin a couple but now am in the position to buy one there is'nt any

I'm being forced to drive a 1.3starlet until I find one while my twin brother got a 450-500bhp gt4
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

lots of useful info inthis thread.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129567

Have you not had a look around the classifieds in here mate. there are some nice modified machines in there well known to the club. Some are at such a good price, you could spend the saved cash on tailoring it to your tastes. the red rev 2 has a great spec, standalone management and all the toys. Personally I dont like the looks but at that price you could easily change that if you thought similar.

B
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

being forced to drive a 1.3 starlet there agreat car not that powerfull in na form granted but still a good car, you may have one up on your twin brother goin down the mr2 route buddy, as a friend of mine has well had a GT4 running near on the same figures the engine didnt last long, again he tried and again he failed reasons we put it down to was due to the fact the 4 wheel drive config would put alot more strain on the engine etc etc, and also the mr2 has a much larger cooling system due to the fact the rad is mounted at the front of the car with the engine in the rear= alot of pipework and added cooling benerfits, keep looking buddy im sure yourl find something nice come up, you should of bought chrises when it was up for sale 8)
stock isnt that soup or something.....?

tic tac 500bhp build thread
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 57#1182357
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Wonderful car at a great price. Just check the spec youre getting for the money and its as near 400hp anyway.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129954

B
monkeyminger

Post by monkeyminger »

you should def get a check eg comp/leak down on any tuned car!!
and 6k is a lot of money to part with but like bobby says there are people on here that will deffend him (me 1 of them)
and as to regards to the 90 degree bends and the remarks on intercooler above exhaust!!!
WTF look where the standard 1 is right next to the down pipe and try have a look at some other cars,
Intercooler nearly touching the radiator or in some casees so close to the manifold its constantly warm to the touch
Nathen's was a prime example, bend to go back into the T/B was right next to the exhaust side of the turbo!!! But it still gave the goods :thumleft:
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

alanmr2turbo wrote:

I think the feedback of both traders on this board speaks for itself.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”