[Mk2] [Turbo] Quieter exhaust needed.... recommendations?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dai21t

[Mk2] [Turbo] Quieter exhaust needed.... recommendations?

Post by dai21t »

Any recommendations on quiet exhausts for an MR2 turbo?
I've currently got an Apexi GT system on mine, but its really starting to annoy me (and the neighbours!!!), its not the best exhaust to have when you leave for work at 5am, would like something that doesn't make the light fittings in the house vibrate when its idling in the drive and not as drony at motorway speeds. Have been looking but nothing seems to be for sale at moment.

Does look nice on the car though!!
Marf

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Quieter exhaust needed.... recommendations?

Post by Marf »

I have a Fujitsubo RM01A on my car. Looks very similar to your exhaust, but has a larger silencer. Its pretty quiet at idle and when just cruising around, but makes a nice noise when you give it the beans.
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

I've got a departure 2 none pro, & that's comes in @ 95db very quiet but has still got a bit of a note. Screamer pipe makes up 4 it so best of both worlds in my eyes.

Looks good 2 but weights xxxx loads
stuartswan

Post by stuartswan »

ive got hks exhuast in the for sale section which is meant to be barely louder than stock unless youre giving it ping
-:[KM]:-

Post by -:[KM]:- »

Have you tried a bung in it? Makes a fair bit of difference.

I had one once and it was a lot better on the motorways, and I do a lot of miles!! I might even have it lying around in the garage... :-k

It'd be a shame to lose a nice exhaust, but I know exactly where you're coming from. I used to get throbbing headaches after a long drive. ](*,)
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

stuartswan wrote:ive got hks exhuast in the for sale section which is meant to be barely louder than stock unless youre giving it ping

Might ahve this off you, my nur spec is annoying the xxxx out of me. where you based?
-:[KM]:-

Post by -:[KM]:- »

Marf wrote:I have a Fujitsubo RM01A on my car. Looks very similar to your exhaust, but has a larger silencer.

I've one of those too... in the garage somewhere, nearly new as well! I might try it one day..! You can fit a bung there too. Got the Berk on at the moment and it's not too bad.
stuartswan

Post by stuartswan »

Razor04 wrote:
stuartswan wrote:ive got hks exhuast in the for sale section which is meant to be barely louder than stock unless youre giving it ping

Might ahve this off you, my nur spec is annoying the xxxx out of me. where you based?

im in ayrshire

Return to “Modifications”