MissBanzai London Tunnel Run -Sat 13th March 2010

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lou-Lou

MissBanzai London Tunnel Run -Sat 13th March 2010

Post by Lou-Lou »

Hi all :wave:

Back again for 2010, we present another London Tunnel Run, hosted by MissBanzai.com inviting all Japanese car owners!

*** Note this is for Japanese cars only -no exceptions.. non Jap cars will be refused entry **

The run will kick off at Essex Arena (RM19 1AE) on Saturday 13th March from 9.30pm. Maps will be handed out on arrival to those who have pre-paid through the Just Giving site. There will be no entry to the site after 10.30pm.

Please register your attendance by visting www.justgiving.com/TunnelRunMarch2010 and donating your £5.00 entry fee. (Please put user name & club in the comments). Donations made via the Just Giving site will go direct to the nominated charity, Royal London Hospital Kidney Patients Association. This charity was chosen as one of our members who raised extra donations last time has had to undergo a transplant -so we thought it was a good way of showing our appreciation for their help last time!

In comments please put your club name & forum user name -nothing else! (this list will be used to hand out the route maps of the run on the night -there *may* be a limited number of maps on the night BUT this is NOT guaranteed).

-Please arrive at the arena at 9.30pm. PLEASE NOTE you should use the go kart track entrance to the arena. There will be a £1 cash charge entry fee on the gate to cover the arena hire costs.

-Payments for maps can only be taken up to 13:00 on 13th March on the Just Giving site. PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER AFTER THIS TIME or you will not be included on the list of maps for us to allocate on the night! If you do not pay you are not guaranteed a map.

-Entry is £5 for a map (prepay on Just Giving) and £1 per person in cash on the gate to the arena on the night to cover the arena costs.

-This event is for Japanese cars only.. nothing else! There will be marshalls on the gate.

-Please remember to drive responsibly -anyone not doing so will be asked to leave the site.

-You will need to bring sat nav / London A-Z for when you get lost. A passenger / map reader is also a must!

Sky Insurance will be awarding two prizes on the night for the best turned out car of the evening. The prizes could be awarded to any Jap cars from Civics to Skylines... so get polishing!!! Prizes to be confirmed

Hope to see some of you there! Any questions, please drop a mail to [email protected] or post your questions here! We had approx 300 cars from various different Jap car clubs along last time, so make sure you come along and be part of it and help raise some cash for a worthy cause!!

Hope to see some MR2's there.. to remind me how much I miss mine!! *sob* :lol:
Lou-Lou

Re: MissBanzai London Tunnel Run -Sat 13th March 2010

Post by Lou-Lou »

Pics from the last one if anyone wants to have a look :)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 53a8a9af8b
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Think we can ask the City of London not to schedule in any roadworks this time? :lol:

I'll be there, last one was great fun!
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

toxo wrote:Think we can ask the City of London not to schedule in any roadworks this time? :lol:

I'll be there, last one was great fun!

That was just rude of them tbh!! [-X

Me and my MissB co-owner will be doing a practice run of the route the Saturday before... so hopefully if there are any issues we can make more adjustments to the new route :D
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

Bump .. Come on guys.. get your names down...!

Awesome night in the cars, and raising money for a very worthwhile cause :D

AND.. the chance of winning best car of the night courtesy of Sky Insurance! ;)

What more could you want!! :thumleft:
Jakestar

Post by Jakestar »

Whats the atmosphere like at these?

Id be interested, but would hate to turn up to a bunch of chavs doing donuts ](*,)

Would be good to get a group of us from here to go though :)
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

It's absolutely not as you describe :)

The cars parked up in the arena stay stationary, no burnouts or donuts or any other mucking around. It's really rough ground anyway, if you towed it about in there you'd probably end up ripping bumpers off! There are some very prestigious cars turn up (hence the 'car of the show' award from Sky) and most of the owners are enthusiasts not willys.

Lou-Lou wrote:Please remember to drive responsibly -anyone not doing so will be asked to leave the site.

Once we actually leave the arena and progress into London it's absolutely no messing about or you'll have Lou to answer to! There was a muppet in a 200sx drifting round the imax last time but that's the only cocking around I saw and he got suitably told off! Most of London is low speed limits and with 300+ cars in the way it's not like you can boot it about much. It is quite a spectacle seeing all of that in central London!

I have roped in another MK1 owner and a mate with a Lex to take part as well :thumleft:
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Jakestar

Post by Jakestar »

Ah cool, good to hear. If I can find a passenger to join me, I'll go (easier said than done as most my mates arn't into cars) :lol:
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

toxo wrote:It's absolutely not as you describe :)

The cars parked up in the arena stay stationary, no burnouts or donuts or any other mucking around. It's really rough ground anyway, if you towed it about in there you'd probably end up ripping bumpers off! There are some very prestigious cars turn up (hence the 'car of the show' award from Sky) and most of the owners are enthusiasts not willys.

Lou-Lou wrote:Please remember to drive responsibly -anyone not doing so will be asked to leave the site.

Once we actually leave the arena and progress into London it's absolutely no messing about or you'll have Lou to answer to! There was a muppet in a 200sx drifting round the imax last time but that's the only cocking around I saw and he got suitably told off! Most of London is low speed limits and with 300+ cars in the way it's not like you can boot it about much. It is quite a spectacle seeing all of that in central London!

I have roped in another MK1 owner and a mate with a Lex to take part as well :thumleft:

:) That pretty much sums it up :)

It's not a chav cruise at all.. and it's not about speed and racing about [-X

It's pretty as my stalker / Toxo says.. a nice Jap car meet.. some pretty decent cars there.. Sky awarding a prize for the best car, and then a drive into London and a meet up again at the end for those that are still awake! :)

Those few that do mess about are few and far between.. with that many people you will always get one or two, as you do at anything.. but on the whole most people behave and enter into it in the spirit it's intended to be :)

Oh.. and raising a load of cash for a good cause too :D

For anyone that hasn't been to one.. I seriously recommend you do... organising these is alot of hassle.. but the fun I have on the night makes it all worth it!! It's an awesome night :) \:D/
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Ill try and make it, so long as the car hasn't gone pop at the next mapping session lol
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

RyanRs wrote:Ill try and make it, so long as the car hasn't gone pop at the next mapping session lol

:D

Come on guys get those names down on the Just Giving site :D

www.JustGiving.com/TunnelRunMarch2010
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

Bump...

Get your name down asap if you want to come along :) £5 donation on the link below will get you a map on the night :)

http://www.justgiving.com/TunnelRunMarch2010
trunks_mk1

Post by trunks_mk1 »

Jakestar wrote:Ah cool, good to hear. If I can find a passenger to join me, I'll go (easier said than done as most my mates arn't into cars) :lol:

same problem here...might just be in for the meet at the end/central london cruise. Where will it be or is that all part of secret?
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

Not many mk1s attend I assume? I might go :P
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

SuperRedMR2 wrote:Not many mk1s attend I assume? I might go :P

Last year I only remember seeing Ollie's MK1.5 and this year I think he is taking the Corolla... I have a friend interested with a MK1 but he's not definite yet so you could be the token MK1!
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

The only information published upfront is the start point. The rest of the run isn't given out until the night.

We spoke to Essex police on Saturday and they are aware of the event, so that should stop any people tempted by messing about and ruining it for everyone :)

Not long to go now..! Remember if you want to come along to the run, you will need to send over a £5 donation to our nominated charity via Just Giving (accepts paypal and debit / credit cards) here:www.JustGiving.com/TunnelRunMarch2010. By making a donation to the nominated charity, this will get your name on our list to be entitled to a route map of the run on the night.

**Note that this event is for Japanese cars only.. anyone turning up in anything else will be turned away, no exceptions.. so please do not try!!**

We have now received confirmation from Sky Insurance that they will be presenting a bottle of champagne and £30 of high street shopping vouchers to the best car of the evening & a box of chocolates and £20 of high street shopping vouchers to the runner up of the evening! -Both prizes donated & judged by Sky Insurance).

There will also be a prize for 'Best Kept' car of the evening, to be judged by www.Route66Bodyworx.com.. so get polishing! Winner will be donated a bottle of Smartwax!! (www.smartwax.com) -Prize donated & judged by Route66 Bodyworx.

Please make sure that you arrive at the arena at 9.30pm to make sure you have time to get in, park up, have a look at all the cars and collect your map.

So what are you waiting for.. get those names down asap! www.JustGiving.com/TunnelRunMarch2010

Any questions, please let me know :)
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

Only a few days to go now.. make sure you get signed up asap :)
bling1981

Post by bling1981 »

Defo up for this will comeing along in my mates GT4 ;0)
trunks_mk1

Post by trunks_mk1 »

So how was it?
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

Really good :)

There are a load of pics etc.. here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wal ... 0504913181

I'll post up a final total of what was raised once everything has been counted up :) Looks to be close to the £2.5k mark though!! :D

Return to “Past Events”