Photo of the boot of a rev2 (if there's any difference)

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

John145

Photo of the boot of a rev2 (if there's any difference)

Post by John145 »

Hiya guys,

Looking at buying an MR2 this weekend (hopefully haven't let the seller know that yet!) and then i'll be picking up my girlfriend on the Sunday evening from the train station and wanting to know if the boot will fit her bag in haha.

So if anyone's got a photo can they post it up? I've had a quick look but haven't seen anything. Parker's website just puts a dash in the space for luggage capacity :mrgreen:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: Photo of the boot of a rev2 (if there's any difference)

Post by toxo »

IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
John145

Post by John145 »

Thanks for the fast reponse!! Do you have one of the front boot too? (Surely there's an actual term for that...?)
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

The yanks refer to it as the frunk.

You won't be getting any bags in it though, if the car you buy has its quota of spare wheels :)

Google image search is your friend :thumleft:
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
John145

Post by John145 »

Haha I did a search on there but didn't find anything, clearly not using the right lingo.

Thanks for that, sure I saw a picture of one with a carpeted frunk. Must be a mod.

Is the boot big enough for a suitcase?
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

John145 wrote:Haha I did a search on there but didn't find anything, clearly not using the right lingo.

Thanks for that, sure I saw a picture of one with a carpeted frunk. Must be a mod.

Is the boot big enough for a suitcase?

ermmm maybe a mouse sized suitcase...

not really buddy.. i have got a holdel in there and a couple other bits before now.. although when JAE comes around i temd to be able to get loads in..

but nope not a suitcase...sorry
John145

Post by John145 »

Haha that's ok, hold-all was probably the more accurate description for what i was after. Going to the nurburgring in July for a week, should be fun fitting everything in!
Ben Varnals

Post by Ben Varnals »

Not sure if this will give you a better idea of size but I can just about fit a full set of golf clubs in my golf bag in. Not bad really!
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Iirc, I'm pretty sure that fitting a set of golf clubs in was part of the desgn spec.
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
Andy F

Post by Andy F »

Ben Varnals wrote:Not sure if this will give you a better idea of size but I can just about fit a full set of golf clubs in my golf bag in. Not bad really!

Can get 2 sets in there....69 styleeee :mrgreen:
Built by YVS Performance
Every car that leaves runs 2 bar+
John145

Post by John145 »

Excellent stuff! With any luck I should have a tasty MR2 by Saturday, will let you know if the girlfriend's response on either Sunday night (negative) or Monday (positive) lol.
phipck

Post by phipck »

the boots actualy quite big considering and with a careful consideration you can fit all sorts, i went on holiday for a week and filled both the frunk and boot with enough clothes, towels, shoes etc for me and my girlfriend.

she likes taking lots and im good at tetris lol

but it holds more than i expected
Si_Crewe

Post by Si_Crewe »

Definitely depends on the luggage, and how tenacious you are.
You can, for example, jam 3 fairly big holdalls in the boot, get another bag behind each seat and put something in the front too.
One time, when I was desperate, I took all my clothes out of a bag, jammed em int a bin liner and laid them flat inside the frunk with the empty bag on top.

Conversely, it can be a bit awkward.
While out for a Sunday drive (with the missus) I once happened to swing by the local Tesco and we found they had a sale on 19" LCD telly's so we bought one as a gift.
Imagine my surprise when i found that there was NOWHERE on an MR2 I could stow a 19" TV?
I mean, it aint massive. The box was pretty small.
The box wouldn't go in the boot, not even diagonally.
It wouldn't quite fit behind the seats.
It would've sat on the passenger seat quite nicely but that'd mean my missus would have had to get the bus.
In the end I had to take the TV out of the box and then fit it in behind the seats using the straps that secure the T-bar panels.
I then had to carefully fold the box flat and stick it in the frunk so it could all be rebuilt when we got home prior to handing it over to the recipient.

So, yeah.
You can jam plenty of soft luggage into an MR2 but I doubt you'll get a hard suitcase of any size into it.
alan wheeldon

Post by alan wheeldon »

Andy F wrote:
Ben Varnals wrote:Not sure if this will give you a better idea of size but I can just about fit a full set of golf clubs in my golf bag in. Not bad really!

Can get 2 sets in there....69 styleeee :mrgreen:

I can get 2 sets and a trolly in there :wink:

Oh and the Missus also fits in the boot.... free entry into Santa Pod :whistle:
RST

Post by RST »

the boots actualy quite big considering and with a careful consideration you can fit all sorts, i went on holiday for a week and filled both the frunk and boot with enough clothes, towels, shoes etc for me and my girlfriend.

she likes taking lots and im good at tetris lol

but it holds more than i expected

..I'd agree with that -the boot holds way more than it looks like it will. The trick I found is to pack square-ish sized bags. The boot on my GT4 is allot bigger but doesn't hold as much practicably -prolly because it's a weird shape and the strut bar's in the way.

Under the bonnet holds a bit as well if you pack small soft bags -you can tuck them round the recesses. Not allot but more than I thought (unless you ditch the tyre and just carry a pump and 2 cans of tyre weld).

You can always get a small ammount behind the seats on top of the cubby boxes as well. The Mk2 should take quite a bit -just have to think a bit more how to do it.

Golf clubs!? As my mates point out -all you need is enough to throw in the blow dryer and the hair straighteners isn't it :D
phipck

Post by phipck »

found a pic of what came out of the boot when me and my gf arrived on holiday. this was what was in the boot with some surface room and i have to agree that you need smaller slightly cuboid holdalls or carriers

the front trunk also held shoes, sweatshirts (it was cold) and bags of chrisps etc. then on the way back we managed everyones gifts, more shoes that had been bought and some extra clothes which we bought. so by no means were we full. to top it off we hadnt used the space behind the seats yet either so not bad
John145

Post by John145 »

Good effort Phipck! Kinda wondering how to give my girlfriend the good news, think i'll use the quality tactic of not telling her and just picking her up in it haha.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”