Game Console

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

staffbull mr2

Game Console

Post by staffbull mr2 »

Hi :). I would like to post a new topic about game consoles, as i was speaking with a couple of chaps today in work about them, and they have convinced me to get one. one had an xbox 360 and the other had a ps3 and i think i have decided to get a ps3 as the guy said you can get a blu ray player and a games console in one, and he also mentioned a game called GT5 which will come out soon and he said it will be the ultimate driving game. What do think about this as im very rusty on the game console buisness, i havnt had one since the nintendo 64 with zelda and mario kart, please feel free to give some thoughts . thanks :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: Game Console

Post by Ryan S »

Seriously??? WTF!!!
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

I cant work out if its a troll or not?
Rev 3 GTS
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

it's funny coz i wondered when the games console threads would start popping up ](*,)
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Ill end this thread now.

Get a PS3!

Im the only person that would argue otherwise and i cant be bothered lol.

PS3 FTW!
Rev 3 GTS
staffbull mr2

a ps3 then.

Post by staffbull mr2 »

A ps3 it will be :thumleft:. Also one thing to run by you i forgot to mention is my friend in work was saying you can go online but i wasnt sure whether it was the ps3 or the xbox 360. :-k :thumleft:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Both. :thumleft:
Rev 3 GTS
staffbull mr2

ahh

Post by staffbull mr2 »

ahh good , hoping to get one this friday or saturday, thanks mate :thumleft: :thumleft:
Poseidon

Re: ahh

Post by Poseidon »

staffbull mr2 wrote:ahh good , hoping to get one this friday or saturday, thanks mate :thumleft: :thumleft:

I am in the market for a new ganes console as well. After the reports of the bug in the PS3 i have been swayed by the xbox. :thumleft:
JohnnyC

Re: ahh

Post by JohnnyC »

Poseidon wrote:I am in the market for a new ganes console as well. After the reports of the bug in the PS3 i have been swayed by the xbox. :thumleft:

Don't let that put you off, it'll not happen for another 4 years :eye:

I do wonder if it'll miss the real leap year in 2 years time though :-k
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

If it's purely games then the 360 is the better choice as it's cheaper and has 90% of the games of the PS3. If you own a HD telly but don't own a BD player then the PS3 is the better choice as BDs alone are worth it. It really is as easy as that, hardware failures and fanboyisms shouldn't come into the argument at all. Both consoles have great games and you won't be disappointed either way.

Personally I think you're better off getting the PS3 first with a couple of games, and then saving for a bit and getting a 360 Arcade/Core/whatever they're calling them these days as well. Best of both worlds is a hard combination to beat, and considering the base 360 costs the same as a couple of games it's not even that expensive to do any more.
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

sheppy wrote:it's funny coz i wondered when the games console threads would start popping up ](*,)

Thats not blastin ...... :-k or is it ?
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Mike 'MR2' McHugh wrote:
sheppy wrote:it's funny coz i wondered when the games console threads would start popping up ](*,)

Thats not blastin ...... :-k or is it ?

lol, that's what i thought as soon as i seen the account pop up.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Are you prone to rsi in your hands? If you are, 360 is the one for you. Ps3 controllers are horrid for longer than about half hour.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

matt_mr2t wrote:Are you prone to rsi in your hands? If you are, 360 is the one for you. Ps3 controllers are horrid for longer than about half hour.

depends how big your hands are.... 360 pads give me wrist ache ps3 ones dont.... the best pads are the original xbox 1 DUKE pads!! so comfy
staffbull mr2

Good responce.

Post by staffbull mr2 »

I would like to thank everyone who have given me some good views on here. but i am still gonna get the ps3. I went into town today and asked about them and what deals they have and in general what they can do. I was pleasantly suprised to find you can go on internet browser and have look through there. I must admit its sounding good
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

As a whole package, the ps3 has the xbox licked. It really is all things to all men where as the xbox is about 90% games console. Oh btw, the next time some one says GT5 is/will be the greatest driving sim ever, laugh at them. It might come out, may be in the 22nd century. It's taken Sony about 5 years so far and still no closer to releasing it.
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

I just bought a new Xbox - my old Elite went to my ex, so I got a new "Jasper" model cheap in Sainsbury's.

What a flaming disaster Xbox Live is. Getting the games/profiles from one to another was a nightmare, incomplete and the whole lot was just infuriating; I ended up borrowing a transfer cable (no longer free) from GameStation and hooking up the hard drives.

Microsoft's anti-piracy measures on Xbox Live are as intrusive and annoying as the FBI warnings on DVDs and UAC on Windows Vista.

The 360 is a great console, and I got Bioshock 2 Special Edition yesterday so hopefully will be playing on it for a while (and maybe will notice it being quieter), but the PS3 is a MUCH better overall experience and concept. I upgraded to 500GB HD, use PlayTV, use it for films and everything else.

360 controllers are much nicer to hold, though, and the messenger pad is neat.
fizz

Post by fizz »

Bro has a 360 and i have a PS3. I can see the benefits of both.

As already stated if its just a gaming machine you want then go for the 360 as thats what its best at.

As a media device i would suggest the PS3 as the interface is way better and intuitive compared to that of the xbox.

Another BIG advantage it has over the xbox is the ability to browse the net which i was very surprised to find you cant do on the Xbox which is very strange considering its Microsoft!

On a funny note, you cant browse hotmail on the PS3 and i think MS have got it locked down from the PS3 browser. :lol:

p.s) i play for 5 hours at a time and my hands/wrists/fingers are fine on the PS3 but on the xbox controller the trigger buttons hurt my index finger after prolonged racing.

p.p.s) xbox is better for racing games at the mo and for a while probably as well until the GT5 comes out. Also the PS3 has no decent split screen racing games and when i say no i mean NONE! ](*,)
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

matt_mr2t wrote:Are you prone to rsi in your hands? If you are, 360 is the one for you. Ps3 controllers are horrid for longer than about half hour.

Must be your hands mate I have never had a problem and i have often found myself 3-4 hours lost track of time continuos game play wit hno ill effects other than square eyes and the tendancy to randomly shout "NEWB TUBE" if i directly hit someone with a M203 shell :twisted:

I used to get it with the Ps1 controllers but not with the PS3 controllers.

Return to “Games Consoles”