[Mk2] [Turbo] Dyno graph collection

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2nut123

[Mk2] [Turbo] Dyno graph collection

Post by mr2nut123 »

I was just having a quick look for the differences between the usual higher powered turbos on here, and was thinking it would be a good idea to have one big thread with them all in for people to compare and hopefully help them decide.

Turbos such as 2876r, 3071r, 3076r, TD06 and any other similar turbos between say 300-450bhp.

Let the posting begin :thumleft:
jimGTS

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Dyno graph collection

Post by jimGTS »

mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Sweet, didn't see that one. :thumleft:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

would be good if ryan can update his site for more mr2s....

as his website has cool comparison graphs on there, so you can compare X car with stock turbo to Y car with aftermarket and overlay the plots..

id be interested to see my new plot over my old one, as old one is on his website...

that link is pretty old, lol

http://2bartuning.com/dynographs/
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

jimGTS wrote:would be good if ryan can update his site for more mr2s....

as his website has cool comparison graphs on there, so you can compare X car with stock turbo to Y car with aftermarket and overlay the plots..

id be interested to see my new plot over my old one, as old one is on his website...

Well, took a while but i've added a mirror of the GT2876r to the table for comparrison. Excellent mid range torque and power, definately the most driveable turbo for the roads. 8)

I think looking at your graphs Jim, that Apexi is absolutely perfect all around. Seems like it's above the rest of us all the way to redline, but that may be to do with the bonkers PP internal bits? :-k
Last edited by mr2nut123 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Ere ya go Jim, done a plot for yours for you. It's almost identical to your dyno on your post, matched it every 250rpm so i'd say it's accurate. Outspools the lot by the looks of it :thumleft:

Last edited by mr2nut123 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Sweet nice one. I would have given that a go at the weekend but you beat me to it, lol
Blimey, now i realise why Ryan was so impressed with the torque and spool when I dynoed it. Not bad not bad.

I also realise why I struggle for grip when coming on boost, lol.
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

jimGTS wrote:would be good if ryan can update his site for more mr2s....

Ill have a word next friday, im up there for a remap 8)
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

edit,

wow, strange, you converted it to an img tag the very second i did, lol....
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

jimGTS wrote:edit,

wow, strange, you converted it to an img tag the very second i did, lol....

lol :) No worries, thought you'de prefer it like that for the thread. Perfect street power Jim! Anything else and you're losing it in wheelspin on our roads which ain't much fun. You want it to rip your face off with grip, not make you spin with a smell of poop in the air :wink: :lol:

I'm extremely impressed with the massive torque and midrange power of the 2876r, it's a turbo that doesn't seem to get much credit with the MR2 scene here in the UK as the yanks failed with it... no suprise there then :whistle: :wink:

It's proven that at only 1.5bar it can get 373bhp, and at 1.7bar just hitting 400bhp with a ha-uuuge amount of torque (circa 360fp) with STANDARD rev3 bits. I reckon with cams/gears and a better manifold it would crack the 400 mark quite easily at the lower 1.5bar setting.
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

Can you add anyones dyno to that then?

would like to see mine on there if poss.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

cantfindausername wrote:Can you add anyones dyno to that then?

would get confusing with all the lines, but you could just pick X vs Y and shouldnt take to long to plot them.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

cantfindausername wrote:Can you add anyones dyno to that then?

Go on then, but this is the last one! :oldtongue:

Post your graph up
Wingers

Post by Wingers »

What if we created a post with all the X-Y numbers as a list that can be copy=pasted into Excel?
I'm sure most ppl could plot their own graph in Excel but having the data to paste in saves a lot of typing :)

I wonder if it would be possible to set up some kind of inteligent web page function that plots the graph too? Probably not but it would be a nice touch if it was.

For the data how about somethig along the lines of:

Wingers:
Spec - GT3076R 0.8 A/R + Radtec CC + built engine
RPM
1500, 2000, 2500, 3000 ......
Power
20, 50, 100, 150 ....

Then we could all plot our own comaparison graphs against whatever we wanted when looking for a new turbo etc. or for general interest.

Wingers
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

Wingers wrote:What if we created a post with all the X-Y numbers as a list that can be copy=pasted into Excel?
I'm sure most ppl could plot their own graph in Excel but having the data to paste in saves a lot of typing :)

I wonder if it would be possible to set up some kind of inteligent web page function that plots the graph too? Probably not but it would be a nice touch if it was.

Wingers:
RPM
Power
20, 50, 100, 150 ....

Then we could all plot our own comaparison graphs against whatever we wanted when looking for a new turbo etc. or for general interest.

Wingers

Sounds like a great idea. For the above 2 I was just doing it the ol' fashioned way in photoshop with a careful eye :wink:
ashley

Post by ashley »

Wingers wrote:What if we created a post with all the X-Y numbers as a list that can be copy=pasted into Excel?

Wingers:
RPM
Power
20, 50, 100, 150 ....

Wingers

Good idea- but I'd add torque figures as well for completeness
Ryan.g

Post by Ryan.g »

Hi guys

I really want to get round to uploading all the data of cars i have done at Surrey rolling road onto my website but if one of you wants the task of updating the database then free feel to pm and i will give you the logon details. It very easy to do just take time which i dont have at the moment :(

All i will say tho is it will have to be a dyno graph from surrey rolling road to keep the comparisons fair.

Ryan
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

lockys96

Post by lockys96 »

Ryan.g wrote:Hi guys

I really want to get round to uploading all the data of cars i have done at Surrey rolling road onto my website but if one of you wants the task of updating the database then free feel to pm and i will give you the logon details. It very easy to do just take time which i dont have at the moment :(

All i will say tho is it will have to be a dyno graph from surrey rolling road to keep the comparisons fair.

Ryan

i have no job :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”