rust bubbles

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

andy_mr2_1987

rust bubbles

Post by andy_mr2_1987 »

just just a quick question, my car has got slight rust bubbles on the piller right next to the rubber window strip, is it easy to get this repaired? and is it a costly job? thanks
dingleburg

Re: rust bubbles

Post by dingleburg »

if you can put some pics up, might be a case of a rub down and repaint, but could be worse, hard to tell without seeing (even then though it could look beter/worse than it actually is)
andy_mr2_1987

Post by andy_mr2_1987 »

Image[/img]
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

ok to do this properly so that it can be cured completely the screen needs to be removed because the rust scabs will creep under the windscreen trim . it needs taking back to bare metal and if needed any rot cut out and replaced . i would not accept this as a job myself without the owner agreeing for the screen to be removed. the rust will just return and get worse if the screen is not removed. if you take it to your local spray shop and they agree a price to do it without removing the screen you will end up paying for the job to be done again at a higher cost. it is up to you though ! either pay to have the job done once and properly or have it just bodged up on the cheap :thumleft:
1993 GT TURBO
nigel_bytes

Post by nigel_bytes »

You need to see how bad it is underneath first.
Luck you aint got the T-bar, just look at what i had to cut out and weld :)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”