supra veilside wide arches....

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

bigchief10uk

Post by bigchief10uk »

right got a BIGGGGG question... does anyone know if the supra veilside wide arches fit on a mk2 MR2 ... am doing a full veilside kitted MR2 and its all authentic parts so no replica stuff and a love the arch extensions tht veilside have done for the supra but a realllly want to fit them on my MR2 as a think it would look gorgeous and go really well and also it has never been done before that i have heard of... so can anyne please drop me a message and let me know if these arches will fit or if i can even fit them and just custom job them to make them fit.... thanks people :D allan
raptor95GTS

Re: supra veilside wide arches....

Post by raptor95GTS »

can't help you sorry but,

you're from Glasgow and called Allan.... Imposter! :twisted: :mrgreen:
bigchief10uk

Post by bigchief10uk »

lmao and ur called allan aswell lol ... n a nd help with this issue lol.. a seriously wnt the arches lol
dingleburg

Post by dingleburg »

it would probably take a fair bit of work, i imagine the arches on the supra are a fair bit bigger than the 2, but it should be possible - just lots of work
bigchief10uk

Post by bigchief10uk »

a dnt mind if theres alot of wrk involved in it... a do think it wud b worth it as its never been done before and a think it wud look amazin ... am js hopin that there would be away that they wud fit on
dingleburg

Post by dingleburg »

My personal opinion is that the veilside kit is ugly as sin, so i would be more concerned with finding a new kit instead of worrying about arches, so, in my opinion, no, its not worth the effort or work, but if your set on the look then first step would be measuring up the arches on both cars - or better still, find somewhere that has some for sale and would be willing for you to offer them up to your arches, then at least you will have an idea of the work that may be needed
samg1988

Post by samg1988 »

photoshop it first, but I'm not so convinced. There's a US MR2 with wide arches at the back that looks sweet, but its not veilside. Its got a subtle kit on it that goes well with the rest of the car.

http://www.mr2only.com/images/wideboylarge.jpg
bigchief10uk

Post by bigchief10uk »

firstly the veilside kit is the nicest kit tht has ever bn designed n built for the mr2... n also it is defo worth the time and effort to do sumthin unusual tht has the chance of lookin really nice and unique... and tht post of the pic with the border frnt ended mr2 and wide arches at the rear is pretty sweet i must say... am gona gt the arches and then try and see wat i can do... if thy dnt fit i will js sell the arches... easy as
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

Woodsport arches for the win
3.4ltr V6 Turbo. Built by Woodsport. Controlled by Syvecs, mapped by Ryan. 420bhp @ 0.7bar from 2400rpm
bigchief10uk

Post by bigchief10uk »

ye av had a few ppl say to me about woodsport... am thinkin if the veilside ones dont wrk then i will gt the woodsport ones... and try and blend thm in with the full veilside kit...
Elfman

Post by Elfman »

if you go for woodsport ones im sure they'd be able to blend them into the kit for you? he's a dam good at body work is mr woods
-XBL- ElfmanJDM
bigchief10uk

Post by bigchief10uk »

ye am js nt sure hw thy will look with the veilside kit thts all... n a dnt nd any1 to fit thm for me... am a panel beater n spray painter n mechanic etc....
Johnny G

Post by Johnny G »

bigchief10uk wrote:ye am js nt sure hw thy will look with the veilside kit thts all... n a dnt nd any1 to fit thm for me... am a panel beater n spray painter n mechanic etc....

Can you translate that to English please?
3.4ltr V6 Turbo. Built by Woodsport. Controlled by Syvecs, mapped by Ryan. 420bhp @ 0.7bar from 2400rpm
bigchief10uk

Post by bigchief10uk »

i was saying....
yes am just not sure how they will look with the veilside kit thats all... and a dint need anyone to fit them for me... i am a panel beater and spray painter and mechanic etc....
nikaiyo

Post by nikaiyo »

MADPSI do some MR2 wide arch kits, all custom made to order so they might be able to make you VS style arches? :thumleft:
bigchief10uk

Post by bigchief10uk »

oooo cheers for that one mate. a didnt know that. a will need to go on there site and maybe even give them a call and see what they can do for me... thanks
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

yeah it's not to everyones taates but you can do some cool things with it!

http://www.pacific-works.co.uk/car-profiles2.php

bigchief10uk

Post by bigchief10uk »

ye ano mate.. but they are gorgeous cars with veilside kits and yours is gorgeous... and a was lookin at rear diffusers the nite lol... a want mines exactly like your mr2 only with the veilside arches aswell
dingleburg

Post by dingleburg »

bigchief10uk wrote:firstly the veilside kit is the nicest kit tht has ever bn designed n built for the mr2... n also it is defo worth the time and effort to do sumthin unusual tht has the chance of lookin really nice and unique... and tht post of the pic with the border frnt ended mr2 and wide arches at the rear is pretty sweet i must say... am gona gt the arches and then try and see wat i can do... if thy dnt fit i will js sell the arches... easy as

Sorry mate, wasnt trying to offend! im just not keen, have you thought about the abfug arches? i have a set that i will be fitting to mine soon, have heard they are quite rare though! so might be a struggle to find
bigchief10uk

Post by bigchief10uk »

hey its fine mate. no worries, ye a have had a think about the abflug arches but they are like gold dust to try and find lol.... but a want to try the veilside arches first if they dont work then a will defo try and get maself a set of abflug arches but it will take me a while to find a set lol...

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”