Ex-IMOC'ers parking at JAE?

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mark Mailer

Ex-IMOC'ers parking at JAE?

Post by Mark Mailer »

Folks, whats the deal with us ex-imocers who want to camp (oo-ducky) at JAE?

Can we park our non-jap cars out the back of the stand or around our camping area or something?

Sorry but the lowly Lotarse will be all out of place there ;)
I don't like the whole horror genre, I scare the xxxx out of myself in reality often enough!
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Re: Ex-IMOC'ers parking at JAE?

Post by tonigmr2 »

Sorry Mark but IMOC peeps first for the space round the stand.

Ex-MR2-ers and non-jap cars public area parking I'm afraid. Tent space priority to MR2 owners to be near their cars.

T
ClarkeyStiles

Post by ClarkeyStiles »

Indeed I have a Jap barge but want to be want to be with the IMOC, will be a place to see what life brings after MR2's plus catch up with some of the old gang :P

Would be grateful for an invite.

Regards

Clarkey

'99 Honda Accord Type R
Mark Mailer

Post by Mark Mailer »

OK, that's cool Toni, understood and all that ;)

I guess I'll just take the citeron then and sleep in the back 8)
I don't like the whole horror genre, I scare the xxxx out of myself in reality often enough!
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Its not that we wouldn't like a Lotus Exige on the stand :wink:

It's just that its priority for MR2s, and a mixing of cars from ex-members would look a bit, well, untidy IYSWIM.

Clarkey, same I'm afraid. Though I am sure we can push aside tents for old friends :)

T
stevel

Post by stevel »

tonigmr2 wrote:Clarkey, same I'm afraid. Though I am sure we can push aside tents for old friends :)
T

So it looks like your out of luck

:lol: :eye:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Mark Mailer wrote:OK, that's cool Toni, understood and all that ;)

I guess I'll just take the citeron then and sleep in the back 8)

Am sure we can make a bit of tent space for some joey moments later on in the evening.. ;)

Pleased you are coming would be good to catch up.
System-G

Post by System-G »

Mark, sorry to dissapoint but it seems like if you are not parked up with a club, you may have to be off site by 6pm. My better half has relayed the info as she has organised the Northants Jap pitch. More info available on the JAE forums.

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/forums/
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
MonkeyFace

Post by MonkeyFace »

I much prefer the set up of the Billing JAE, where anyone can turn up and camp.

I'm a IMOC member and have been since the IMOC was created, still have my MR2 Turbo but want to take my Delorean like I did last year at Billing. Its a much better car than the MR2 and much better looking than most cars at these shows even though it is 25 years old. I don't want to be leaving it in a public car park and camping away from it. I hope they relax the rules for next year.
michael

Post by michael »

MonkeyFace wrote:I much prefer the set up of the Billing JAE, where anyone can turn up and camp.

Agreed, Billing is a lot more scenic and geared up for camping too.

The new rules seem to take away the spirit of the event in my opinion, it's all a bit too organised now.

I'm currently trying to decide if I can be bothered with the show at all, rumour had it that Billing were planning to continue holding a Japanese car show on site for the same weekend, I might look into this and go along to that instead, it'll be quiet but it'll also be free of the pathetic 'exhaust flame competitions' at JAE and the millions of chav goons that are bound to be there.

From what I can find out they are calling it the 'Japanese Auto Show' and it's being organised by a guy called Harry Tune from 'American Auto Club International'. Billing show it on their event list for 23rd - 24th July.

Anyone fancy a boycott of JAE in favour of this?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

System-G wrote:Mark, sorry to dissapoint but it seems like if you are not parked up with a club, you may have to be off site by 6pm. My better half has relayed the info as she has organised the Northants Jap pitch. More info available on the JAE forums.

tbh i can't see the odd non-mr2 parked with the service vehicles in the camping area to be a problem at all. I'm sure we can sort something out.
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

michael wrote:I might look into this and go along to that instead

Really? JAE won't be the same without a Canny there. :eye:
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by System-G »

Lauren wrote:
System-G wrote:Mark, sorry to dissapoint but it seems like if you are not parked up with a club, you may have to be off site by 6pm. My better half has relayed the info as she has organised the Northants Jap pitch. More info available on the JAE forums.

tbh i can't see the odd non-mr2 parked with the service vehicles in the camping area to be a problem at all. I'm sure we can sort something out.

Nor can I. Was just relaying given information :wink:
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
dazza9t9

Post by dazza9t9 »

Is there no public camping space at all??

i am going down with me mate in his 200SX, as my MR2 is off the raod at the moment!

we where planning on going down on the friday as we did last year!

last year (maybe same as this year) we where on the club sol pitch!
woody

Post by woody »

i loved the old billing layout. i went in 2003. i just drove in around the outskirts of the show field, and found a nice parking place, just along from the imoc stand, so i could keep an eye on my car.
i think this added to the atmosphere, because the not so hardcore car owners, could still get there cars close to the action.

as i'm only going on saturday and not gonna be arriving until about 10, i didnt put my name down for the stand because of this, but to be honest i'm a little concerned about leaving my tubby in a field miles away from the show now :?
dazza9t9

Post by dazza9t9 »

just been looking into camping and stuff! and frankly i am gutted! i was there last year rocked up on the friday aftnoon, paid got in, pitched tent and had a bloody good weekend!!
this year looks like i have more chance of getting company car seat leon on the driftworks show pitch than being able to get in and camp the fri/sat night cos of all these show cars only rules!!!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

dazza9t9 wrote:just been looking into camping and stuff! and frankly i am gutted! i was there last year rocked up on the friday aftnoon, paid got in, pitched tent and had a bloody good weekend!!
this year looks like i have more chance of getting company car seat leon on the driftworks show pitch than being able to get in and camp the fri/sat night cos of all these show cars only rules!!!

Tbh if you park up with the other service vehicles where the camping is i can't see much of a problem.
DannyW

Post by DannyW »

Lauren, i too will be bringing a support vehicle for the weekend, to carry all of our stand stuff and bits and bobs. Getting in through the gate on to the showground won't be a prroblem will it? if i just pay for my MR2 and the other car but tell them it's a support vehicle?
phild

Post by phild »

Yep, Billing was quite nice, I remember one year watching the firework display in torrential rain, we could only see the high ones over some trees cos' we were hiding under the cover of the gazeebo village!!
Pretty darn fun though...Hmmm things to look out for this year...
1/ park well away from the skyline camp and the guy who makes his engine pop at 20 minute intervals(':P')

2/ don't park too close to a road cos' after dark, the "neon people" come out to play.('](*,)')

3/ wait till everyone else lights their barbies!!!!!('\\:D/')

4/ Remind philster to bring another "bar-b-que log"...can't find one locally anywhere(':-k')

5/ Keep some spare tyre valve caps for Russ incase his get nicked again('#-o')

6/ Bring 2 cases of beer. 1 case won't last the weekend(':mrgreen:')

7/ and finally, remember when putting a tent up in the dark, there are no such things as spare parts !!!!
RussMR2

Post by RussMR2 »

Very good Phil =D> =D>

I'v got another set of caps, but i aint buying anymore ](*,)

What day you going??

Russ

Return to “Past Events”