Has anybody has there car mapped at the "racing line halifax"??

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

2barGee

Has anybody has there car mapped at the "racing line halifax"??

Post by 2barGee »

My mate had his car mapped there (its an evo) ive heard a few people have had there car mapped there from imoc.

How did you get on??

How much was it??

cheers dan
RobMason

Re: Has anybody has there car mapped at the "racing line halifax"??

Post by RobMason »

Just had my PFC mapped there, the guys really know their stuff. Matt, the guy who maps the cars was really helpful, explained what he was doing which all in all meant I left with a good impression of the place.

Cost me £400 for a afternoons mapping.

And yeah, after looking at some of the EVO forums, they swear by him.

Rob
2004 Silver MK3, standard-ish for now ;)
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

cheers for the info dude thats really helpful.

Do you have an a/f graph you could put up or pm me cheers. :thumleft:

Also what boost did you make the above power at fella??

Cheers dan
RobMason

Post by RobMason »

Here you go

Thats running 1.2bar on a standard turbo with standard fueling. Next up is a new turbo with 850cc injectors to really test my forged engine.

Rob
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Cheers for the info mate.

Im going to run mine around the 1.5bar mark and she what she makes.

what turbo you thinking of getting??

Im just running my engine in then i can get it mapped, im running a new turbo set up as well.............
RobMason

Post by RobMason »

Not sure on the turbo, going to do some research, quite like the look of the Berk kits.

Well what ever you end up doing, I recommend the racing line :D

Rob
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

What power are you after mate??

Any track time??

450 is plenty for a road car if u ask me.

I'm after 400+ but just got 2 wait until
the map 2 see what it kicks out.
RobMason

Post by RobMason »

My aim is 400 which should be fairly easy. Not done any track days yet, might do when I finish uni.

Rob
paul_h

Post by paul_h »

Gee Man wrote:My mate had his car mapped there (its an evo) ive heard a few people have had there car mapped there from imoc.

How did you get on??

How much was it??

cheers dan

I had a bad experience with them, i was booked in for a RR session to map my AEM.

Turned up at 9.30 as instructed he then proceeded to leave me sat in a little cabin while he answered emails untill about about 10.15. He then started strapping my car onto the rollers when a guy in a subaru turned up unannounced with a missfire, so instead of asking him to pop back later as he was busy he messed about for about an hour trying to fix it taking the time to about 11.30. At this point he started to map my car for about 45 mins then at 12.15 declared time for lunch and suggested we do the same and pop back in about 45 mins. I popped back at 1.00 with no sign of him he turned up with a sandwhich soon after and dissappeared again into his cabin reappearing about 1.45. back on with the mapping and after about an hour declared all done, stuffed a few printouts in my hand and said £400 please !!!!

after seeing a few problems i asked some question to which i got completely disinterested answers and felt that i got well and truely done over by them, below is a selection of questions asked.

Q. my car appears to be about 60-70bhp down on what it should be any ideas why?

A. not really could be the turbo is too small.

Q. could it be the boot mount intercooler not getting enough air and heatsoaking

A. Dunno it was red hot to the touch though

Q. what where the intake temps running at?

A. Dunno didnt really look at them to be honest.

Q. can you have a look at the logs then from the AEM and let me know

A. oh I just deleted them after i was finished didnt think you would want them

Q. what would you suggest i do to improve things?

A i could sell you a better turbo that would cool things down as it didnt make any more power at over 1 bar, i tried it all the way to 1.6 and got no more power.

there is a lot more that went on that would take an hour to type but that is basically the summary. He did the minimum amount of work possible for £400 and when one of the recomended mappers on this forum saw the map said "I hope you didnt pay for that its all over the place"

I personally hope they go bust, the guy looses his house and ends up living on the street in carboard box whilst getting pi$$ed on by a dog !!!! t
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

paul_h wrote:I had a bad experience with them, i was booked in for a RR session to map my AEM.

Turned up at 9.30 as instructed he then proceeded to leave me sat in a little cabin while he answered emails untill about about 10.15. He then started strapping my car onto the rollers when a guy in a subaru turned up unannounced with a missfire, so instead of asking him to pop back later as he was busy he messed about for about an hour trying to fix it taking the time to about 11.30. At this point he started to map my car for about 45 mins then at 12.15 declared time for lunch and suggested we do the same and pop back in about 45 mins. I popped back at 1.00 with no sign of him he turned up with a sandwhich soon after and dissappeared again into his cabin reappearing about 1.45. back on with the mapping and after about an hour declared all done, stuffed a few printouts in my hand and said £400 please !!!!

after seeing a few problems i asked some question to which i got completely disinterested answers and felt that i got well and truely done over by them, below is a selection of questions asked.

Q. my car appears to be about 60-70bhp down on what it should be any ideas why?

A. not really could be the turbo is too small.

Q. could it be the boot mount intercooler not getting enough air and heatsoaking

A. Dunno it was red hot to the touch though

Q. what where the intake temps running at?

A. Dunno didnt really look at them to be honest.

Q. can you have a look at the logs then from the AEM and let me know

A. oh I just deleted them after i was finished didnt think you would want them

Q. what would you suggest i do to improve things?

A i could sell you a better turbo that would cool things down as it didnt make any more power at over 1 bar, i tried it all the way to 1.6 and got no more power.

there is a lot more that went on that would take an hour to type but that is basically the summary. He did the minimum amount of work possible for £400 and when one of the recomended mappers on this forum saw the map said "I hope you didnt pay for that its all over the place"

I personally hope they go bust, the guy looses his house and ends up living on the street in carboard box whilst getting pi$$ed on by a dog !!!! t

Wow, that sounds a pretty bad experience. Did you use to date the guy's sister or something? :eye:
antnkel

Post by antnkel »

That ain't professional at all, I was thinking about possibly using them in the future don't think I'll bother now. :shock:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”