Century Motorsport Announce 3 Driver Lineup For 2010

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Century Motorsport

Century Motorsport Announce 3 Driver Lineup For 2010

Post by Century Motorsport »

After a standout campaign in his Rookie year in car racing, Benji Hetherington will continue with the team and will be building on his success in 2009 where he achieved 3 podiums and lap record at the Rockingham meeting. “I am looking forward to my first full season of car racing, my plan is to continue to improve as a driver and I believe I have the raw pace to succeed in the G50 Cup. My lack of experience compared to the other leading drivers will be a factor but if I can improve as the season progresses I hope to be a championship contender.”

Joining his brother in the team will be Freddie Hetherington, fresh from a campaign in the Ginetta G20 series. Freddie has been conducting winter testing under the tuition of team Principal Nathan Freke – “I am looking forward to moving on from G20 into the bigger car. I am aiming for podiums throughout the year right from the off, and I am looking forward to working with a new team and getting the most out of myself and the car. Having the 2009 Champion helping me will bring good results early on!”

The third driver in the line up is Aaron Williamson who finished 3rd in the 2009 Ginetta Junior Championship. 2010 is looking to be an exciting year for the Spalding (Lincs) based teenager. A new G50 and signing to the, 2009 championship winner, Nathan Freke’s, Century Motorsport team. Seventeen year old Aaron is undersandably delighted at the prospect, ’This really is a great opportunity for me, it’s a huge step from the Junior Ginetta, but I feel confident, Nathan and the Century team will get the best out of me and the car.’

Nathan added ‘It’s great to sign Aaron, and the Hetherington brothers, we will have a very young, but strong team. This combination of drivers will, I’m sure make for good racing, good competition within the team, and potentially a 2010 championship winner for the Century Team.

In addition Century is hoping to announce the entry of a 4th car in the next week.

Not MR2 news I know but I know there are some followers of the G50 cup on here :thumleft:
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com
michael

Re: Century Motorsport Announce 3 Driver Lineup For 2010

Post by michael »

Nice to see things growing, have you finalised your own plans for this season yet?
Century Motorsport

michael wrote:Nice to see things growing, have you finalised your own plans for this season yet?

Not yet :lol:

We were in talks with touring car teams but for 2 reasons we haven't got a seat - first - we haven't got the budget £300,000 :shock: .... second - in 2011 the new rules are enforced for a new motor, drastically reducing the cost of racing in it so this season is a bit of a strange year for it.

I am speaking with varios co-drivers to race with me in British GT (GT4 Ginetta) which will keep me in the seat and we are looking at a potential touring car package (maybe century run) for 2011 dependant on budgets and sponsors 8)
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com
michael

Post by michael »

Touring cars would be good, if you have any unpaid weekend jobs going for someone to wipe the car down or stand around the place let me know :)
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

That's all very cool :thumleft: Team Principal eh? Trying to steal Ross Brawns thunder :D

Good luck to the team at Brands and see you at Rockingham?
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

michael wrote:Touring cars would be good, if you have any unpaid weekend jobs going for someone to wipe the car down or stand around the place let me know :)

+1 :thumleft:
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

Looking forward to following again this year.

Michael, I see you more as a pit girl, recon you'd look good in the skintights :pale:
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
michael

Post by michael »

Jaspa wrote:
Michael, I see you more as a pit girl, recon you'd look good in the skintights :pale:

I think the smilie used sums that one up really, nobody needs to see that, even my mirrors cry.
Century Motorsport

Century Motorsport sign multiple Caterham Champion Phil Broad as 4th driver..

www.centurymotorsport.com

Phil is only doing 6 rounds so we have 4rounds up for grabs.... any MR2 guys who have a national A license and want to race in top flight motorsport feel free to contact me.

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”