Disabling T-VSV

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2turbo99

Disabling T-VSV

Post by mr2turbo99 »

Hi Guys,

what is the best way to do the above? Some people are saying "chop and plug the pipes off the actuator" and others are saying "unplug the connector below the inlet manifold".

I think i want to go down the route of unplugging the connector as chopping the pipes looks a little tricky as its quite tight. are the any differences between the two options? Thanks
RobCrezz

Re: Disabling T-VSV

Post by RobCrezz »

mr2turbo99 wrote:Hi Guys,

what is the best way to do the above? Some people are saying "chop and plug the pipes off the actuator" and others are saying "unplug the connector below the inlet manifold".

I think i want to go down the route of unplugging the connector as chopping the pipes looks a little tricky as its quite tight. are the any differences between the two options? Thanks

Just unplug the connector. Much easier to reconnect if you need to. Mines been working like that for months fine. Greddy profec b controlling the boost now.
mr2turbo99

Post by mr2turbo99 »

:thumleft: done. Was a bit of a pain getting it off.

There appears to be two connectors in that area. The one i needed to unplug was the blue one?
sticks

Post by sticks »

im also lookin ta do this.is it the blue one thats down low but directly underneath it or it it actually right up under the inlet manifold?i couldt really see up the time i was out at it.
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

Yeah the blue one.
mr2turbo99

Post by mr2turbo99 »

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”