[Mk2] [Turbo] Idles for a few seconds then cuts out

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ayshe

[Mk2] [Turbo] Idles for a few seconds then cuts out

Post by Ayshe »

Happened a few nights ago , I was driving home when i came on boost it felt like i hit a fuel cut or something along those lines , Then struggled to run for a few seconds then cut out . Now when you start it , it will run for a few second perfectly normal then it will cut out. I thought it might be a vacuum pipe to start with but i haven't been able to find out where it is if one has split or blown off . The fuel pump primes on start up and because its running for abit i can only imagine its getting spark . Also if you try and use the throttle it dies out quicker.

Any ideas im running out

:cry:
Icharus

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Idles for a few seconds then cuts out

Post by Icharus »

I'm no expert but the same thing happened to me today and it was a vacuum pipe. The vac pipe had fallen off from the sensor for the stock boost gauge as soon as i plugged it back in everything was fine. I think I didn't secure it properly when I spliced the line for my omori gauge that I recently installed. Maybe go over all the vac pipes again ???
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Have you adjusted the fuel/air mix recently? If its too high on the air when the turbo comes in it will run so badly. Maybe your setting just need adjusting.

And check all hoses, wipe them down too if dirty, makes it easier to see splits etc.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
Ayshe

Post by Ayshe »

Fixed!!! It was a pipe off the intercooler.

Interestingly the jubilee clip was really loose, which makes me wonder how long thats been like that for, I have never touched the intercooler pipes since having the car and i'm wondering if i've been driving like it like that since July!!

It goes really well now!!

Thanks for the advice guys!!

Return to “Mechanical”