Le Mans 2010

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ekona

Re: Le Mans 2010

Post by Ekona »

Oh yeah, whoops...! :oops:

Coming back on the Tuesday, I'll edit the post.
Lemon Secretary

Post by Lemon Secretary »

ekona wrote:Oh yeah, whoops...! :oops:

Coming back on the Tuesday, I'll edit the post.

what you like?! cool though, still almost a week... :thumleft:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Indeed, really looking forward to it now! :D :D :D
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I still haven't booked anything, good job too cause it looks like I'm minus a co-driver again ](*,) I will have a think about stuff and book up come the end of the month.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Kieran Williams

Post by Kieran Williams »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pretty sure we don't contact Dominique till February, but Mike or I will be on the case asap

Debs, you can contact dominique whnever, i booked a pitch in Dec.

On that subject i think from one o the earlier posts you said we can fit 3-4 tents on a pitch.That means that 3 otherpeople can book on the one i have reserved already.

Otherwise we may end up with people booking a pitch when there is space on another. I would hate fo people o book a whole pitch when they didnt have to.

ooking forward to this again- i am still stuck in the dessert for queen and country at the mo.........its poo!

heres a booking list so it may make it easier to keep track.

A:
1-Pitch booked under williams with the mr2 club(usual spot by the wee tree)
2-Jason + Cheryl
3-Space free
Jhiss

Post by Jhiss »

Hi Guys,

I've just opened a new thread on the French forum concerning "Lemon 2010" :D
http://www.mr2.fr/forum/du-09-au-14-jui ... 10987.html

As you will see, I'm trying to make "groups of people" who are staying the same number of nights.
It will help me to define the pitches we have to pay.

When I'll have the names of all the people interested in coming to Le Mans, then I send a mail to Dominique to book for the French MR2 Owners' Club.

It's not that easy to organise, especially when people change their mind or say they want to come at the last minute..
But it's true that this is a better way to 'save money' than to call indivudally to book your trip (As Dominique won't have any other choice to count a pitch for each individual call).

Hope this will help :wink:

Looking forward to meeting you all in June \:D/
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Im definatly coming again 1000% but cant book anything for a few months, the past 2 years Ive done it the week before with no problems. My gearbox needs replacing before I do anything doh!
b4ss

Le Mans 2010

Post by b4ss »

Hi,
I am thinking of driving down from Ireland via Cherbourg.

I have never been to Le Mans, so just a few questions;

How far away is the circuit from the camp site?
Do people drive to the circuit or is there some public transport?
thanks,
Tony
Jhiss

Post by Jhiss »

Hi Tony,
b4ss wrote:Hi,

Good idea. Especially if you're not sick on board ;-)

b4ss wrote:How far away is the circuit from the camp site?

About 11 miles / 20 minutes.

b4ss wrote:Do people drive to the circuit or is there some public transport?

We drive to the circuit, but you may find a car to bring you up there if needed. (Then it'll be up to you to bring him/her back the next time).
It's nice to show our nice MR2s to everybody while they show us their Aston Martin, Porsches, Ferrari, Corvette .. it's part of the show to be parked between a F40 and a GT 40 :-)
b4ss

Post by b4ss »

Jhiss wrote:Hi Tony,
b4ss wrote:Hi,

Good idea. Especially if you're not sick on board ;-)

b4ss wrote:How far away is the circuit from the camp site?

About 11 miles / 20 minutes.

b4ss wrote:Do people drive to the circuit or is there some public transport?

We drive to the circuit, but you may find a car to bring you up there if needed. (Then it'll be up to you to bring him/her back the next time).
It's nice to show our nice MR2s to everybody while they show us their Aston Martin, Porsches, Ferrari, Corvette .. it's part of the show to be parked between a F40 and a GT 40 :-)

Thanks for the info, is the traffic not mad going to and from the track each day?

Just looking at tickets, i read earlier in the post that it is handy to have a grandstand
ticket, any recommendations on which one?
Also is there different car park tickets?
Thanks,
Tony
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Traffic's only difficult around the start of the race itself and then you can just go a bit earlier and attack the junction from the other direction to bypass most of the traffic.

Grandstand seats aren't an essential, I've been 2 years in a row without one. You do need a general entry ticket though, and a car park ticket unless you want to hitch a lift with someone else every time, which can be inconvenient when everyone's in 2 seaters! We've usually parked in the white car park but I think this year someone suggested red. We also buy the parking tickets all together quite often as this means we're all parked in the same place!
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Can't wait to see the XKR in action! :D
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Hi everybody, contrary to my earlier post Im booking my ferry crossings tommorow. Going out on the 10.45am from dover to calais on wed and coming back on the 3pm the following tue.

Regarding parking Ive parked in the red car park before and its no way near as convenient as the white car park. The traffic at the end is a pain but the great thing about the white car park is its just outside the main entrance so if you want to get your head down for an hour or 2 your never that far from your car.

I believe the consenus this year is to organise pitches to make it much cheaper than last year. Im bringing my mate so if anyone wants to pitch with us or if we join another pitch then that would be cool. Im 100% attending by the way so wont let anyone down last minute.

News regarding my mr2 is not great, I really want to bring it this year again but there are quite a few problems, the gearbox is goosed, the starter motor is on the way out so its going to cost a bit to get right by june. I may be bringing my big v8 bmw instead, while being a nice fast car, an mr2 it is not, however i hope its still welcome parked with all the 2's :)

Looking forward to this year its going to be great :thumleft:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Me and Mark are in white parking too, I was in red expo the first year I went and vastly preferred the shorter walk to white than the trek across to red :thumleft:
blue2

Post by blue2 »

I know what you mean plus we had quite a bit of space for chairs and a bbq as well. I'm parking there mainly as I want to stay up for the full 24 hours but my mate probably wont and having the car nearby for a quick kip is much easier. It was either that or paying for camping at the track but much prefer the châteaux.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Just been having a nose on the LM website and it says that White is now the only reserved numbered car park, unlike previous years when Expo was numbered as well. Does that mean it's going to be a PITA to get a group of cars together for you guys that are parking there?
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Not checked the site but thats a good point, last year there was a few of us parked together which was a laugh. I usually get my tickets from 1st tickets, ill get my parking there too but no idea where we are going to be parking. But if anyone else is parking in the white car park let me know and ill see if I can get a block of spaces together. If all else fails Ill park with everyone in the red car park.
Got my ferry booked now, Im getting a grandstand ticket and am thinking about the dunlop stand, has anyone sat there before and can you see the front straight from it or just the esses and tetra rouge? Trying to guage if its worth the extra dough. Cant wait now although its still quite a way off.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Dunlop is sold out according to the ACO site, I was in Panorama last year which tbh I think is a better viewpoint than Dunlop anyway. Personally I don't think the tribunes are worth it and am not bothering this year, but if you really must have somewhere to sit (in the dry if it's raining!) then you kinda have to have one ;)

You can buy all tickets via the ACO now too on their website, and some people have already got theirs meaning that they're not such a useless bunch of disorganised muppets as in previous years! :lol:
Kieran Williams

Post by Kieran Williams »

Just a post to add Blue2 to the camping pitch:

A:
1-Pitch booked under williams with the mr2 club(usual spot by the wee tree)
2-Jason + Cheryl
3-Blue2

Return to “Past Events”