[Mk2] [Turbo] 1.4 bar?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Revo

[Mk2] [Turbo] 1.4 bar?

Post by Revo »

I have a rev3 turbo, recently purchased running 1.4 on an aftermarket turbo and has been mapped.

What sort of BHP would this likely to be run? (Sorry I dont know the exact turbo, just wondering what the average is for this sort of boost really)

Feels faster than my 320bhp skyline at least but can be hard to tell !
jimGTS

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] 1.4 bar?

Post by jimGTS »

mapped with what?

you got a standlone ecu?
what colour top are you injectors? (do you know the size? receipts?)
turbo?

really need more information as it could be anything from 300-450hp....
Revo

Post by Revo »

Aah ok cool. I'll check receipts later and get the exact specs etc :)

:thumleft: :thumleft:
nikaiyo

Post by nikaiyo »

jimGTS wrote:

really need more information as it could be anything from 300-450hp....

Or not very long if on standard ECU/ fueling :eye:
Revo

Post by Revo »

He said it was on the standard ECU but remapped?
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

You can't remap the stock ECU, it's read-only. However you can get 'piggyback' fuel controllers etc to take some work away from the ECU.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

toxo wrote:You can't remap the stock ECU, it's read-only. However you can get 'piggyback' fuel controllers etc to take some work away from the ECU.

Not strictly true, but there arent many people who will map them.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

RobCrezz wrote:
toxo wrote:You can't remap the stock ECU, it's read-only. However you can get 'piggyback' fuel controllers etc to take some work away from the ECU.

Really? I've only ever seen modified stock ECUs that are mappable, ie SARD, MINES etc which actually work by having a techtom board inserted into the ECU, which is basically a piggyback but inside the ECU housing.

Unless I've missed something? :-k
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

toxo wrote:
RobCrezz wrote:

Really? I've only ever seen modified stock ECUs that are mappable, ie SARD, MINES etc which actually work by having a techtom board inserted into the ECU, which is basically a piggyback but inside the ECU housing.

Unless I've missed something? :-k

Theres a couple of people who have had rev2 ECUs done. Apparently rev3 is coming soon- apparently :-k

The thread:
http://forums.twobrutal.com/showthread.php?t=15236
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Yeah, I thought that might be what you were talking about. That's basically just installing a piggyback into the ECU, rather than remapping it. The map in the stock ECU stays static. :thumleft:
i got boost

Post by i got boost »

Revo wrote:I have a rev3 turbo, recently purchased running 1.4 on an aftermarket turbo and has been mapped.

What sort of BHP would this likely to be run? (Sorry I dont know the exact turbo, just wondering what the average is for this sort of boost really)

1.4 bar :shock: if i were you i would turn the boost down if you aint got forged intenals you got a pic of the turbo? :)
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

toxo wrote:Yeah, I thought that might be what you were talking about. That's basically just installing a piggyback into the ECU, rather than remapping it. The map in the stock ECU stays static. :thumleft:

Oh right, when you said piggyback I thought you meant something like Unichip or Emanage, something that fools the ECU etc.
Revo

Post by Revo »

i got boost wrote:
Revo wrote:I have a rev3 turbo, recently purchased running 1.4 on an aftermarket turbo and has been mapped.

1.4 bar :shock: if i were you i would turn the boost down if you aint got forged intenals you got a pic of the turbo? :)

Ooooh ok.

Whats the recommend max boost for stock internals?
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

1.2bar really mate, anything above 1.3 and over time you will crack a standard ring :-)

might last a while b4 it does but I like to be safe
willfinch36

Post by willfinch36 »

get some pictures up!

"A picture says a thousand words"
greeny

Post by greeny »

Revo wrote:
i got boost wrote:

Ooooh ok.

Whats the recommend max boost for stock internals?

All depends what Turbo your running!

You could run 0.5bar on a gt55 and crack a stock engine :lol:
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
greeny

Post by greeny »

Also, boost pressure is manifold pressure.

If two engines both run the same spec apart from having different VE's, they can both run X boost pressure on the same turbo setup, yet the one with the better flowing setup/VE will make more power because the engines flowing more and the turbo is working harder to make X amount of boost in the manifold.

I guess the boost pressure in the manifold is a measure of how much air your not flowing!
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
benGT

Post by benGT »

turn the boost down to 1.2 bar Rich!

my next mod will probably be an aftermarket IC and there's no way i'll be going over that pressure without forged bits...
Revo

Post by Revo »

Fair play lol

The 1.4 was the higher end of the settings he was showing me. I think "normal use" was lower

Dont want to risk it going pop if i can help it so will make sure its at 1.2 (until I can afford forged stuff lol)
greeny

Post by greeny »

Revo wrote:Fair play lol

The 1.4 was the higher end of the settings he was showing me. I think "normal use" was lower

Dont want to risk it going pop if i can help it so will make sure its at 1.2 (until I can afford forged stuff lol)

What turbo though?

Return to “Modifications”