Water Pumps

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jonb-

Re: Water Pumps

Post by jonb- »

Unfortunately my water pumps leak has worsened somewhat since I last drove it (November) and once warm now squirts coolant all over the block.

:(

Anyone know the best place to get a replacement water pump (and cambelt while i'm there...)
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Water pump is around £90 from Mr T and includes all required o-rings and gasket & new pulley :thumleft:
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
ashley

Post by ashley »

jonb-

Post by jonb- »

ashman wrote:http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php? ... 0s605p2723

Camskills do it for £36 :thumleft:

What's the quality like on pattern parts? I don't want to save £70 on the pump only to have to replace it in 12 months... not that a lot can go wrong with a pump!!

Just spoke to my local MRT and they quoted £118.30
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

If no one has any objections I'll split this off into a different thread so that we don't fill up Patrick's ARDS one.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Yeah sorry, please do. My bad.
ashley

Post by ashley »

To be absolutely honest I don't know mate, but I've got one for my NA rebuild so hoping that it's ok. For what it's worth it looks ok lol :eye:
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

I'm using blue print water pump on mine and had no probs with it so far.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Threads split, jonb- you might want to go back to the racing driver thread and put a new post up to say that you won't be attending?

There have been some problems with some pattern water pumps experienced on two brutal for the V6 engines. I'm not sure whether they're even the same manufacturer that Camskill use (I would expect CS to use Blueprint who's V6 pumps are fine). I'm not sure whether this has any bearing on water pump construction for the 3S-GTE either to be honest. It just suggests to me that there are some pattern manufacters who perhaps aren't paying as much attention as they should be.

I did put a genuine pump on mine when it needed changing. In my eyes a water pump is a pretty important part and shouldn't be skimped on.

I would find someone who's got a Toyota trade discount if you can, my pump was £88 inc VAT IIRC. I'd order it for you but then we'd have to arrange delivery and the like and that will push the cost back up again!
Last edited by toxo on Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
System-G

Post by System-G »

When it comes to fairly important bits that you really don't need to let you down - especially on a car like yours Jon, I'd always go OEM.
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

Has anyone bought from http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-MR2-Turbo- ... 359daed68d before? I don't mind paying OEM but I can't really get to a dealer before it's due in with luke next wednesday.

I like the fact those specifically state they have metal blades, plus their cambelt kits are gates.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Get Luke to get it in for you, he gets a trade discount from Toyota and they deliver parts to him next day (maybe not next day at the moment with the weather but certainly by Wednesday).

Uh wait, I just thought about that. Presumably you need the water pump to drive it to Luke #-o
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

toxo wrote:Get Luke to get it in for you, he gets a trade discount from Toyota and they deliver parts to him next day (maybe not next day at the moment with the weather but certainly by Wednesday).

Uh wait, I just thought about that. Presumably you need the water pump to drive it to Luke #-o

I should be able to cram enough bottles of coolant in the car to get it to lukes :D

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”