Prototype?

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SamUK

Re: Prototype?

Post by SamUK »

Final Fantasy.

And i didnt notice that many cut scenes in Prototype? #-o

You wont be taking on 4 tanks and infantry and infected with one button.

Stick with it.
Rev 3 GTS
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I never played Final Fantasy. I saw the (a?) film once though.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Think theres a couple of films based on it now.

Probably loads of jap manga movies or whatever theyre called.

I never liked them. The fighting was horrible. You choose your attack and then watch it happen. Then the computer AI gets a go and you just stand there.

Dont like hardcore RPGs like that.
Rev 3 GTS
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

got this game a few days ago... its all i have done since i love it.. well over half way trough now and doing loads of the side missions too

love this game....
Martian_333

Post by Martian_333 »

matt_mr2t wrote:
ekona wrote:There are a few cutscenes IIRC, but only when you're doing the actual story. None of the side missions have them I think.

I take it you're not a FF or MGS fan then? :mrgreen:

I dont know what FF is and never played MGS, I was put off by MGS as some one said it had about 397 years worth of cut scenes.

Dragon Age origins is supposebly like this too, one reason I have not bought it, shame as it looks a decent RPG other than that and got great reviews.

MGS is overrated, preferred the Hitman series and Splinter Cell.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

DA:O has no more cutscenes than any other RPG I've ever played in recent times (KOTOR to stick with the same type, Fallout to be more up to date) and it's an absolutely fantastic game as well. Go buy ASAP :thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Sent Prototype back to Lovefilm after playing for no more than an hour. Didnt like it at all.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

matt_mr2t wrote:Sent Prototype back to Lovefilm after playing for no more than an hour. Didnt like it at all.

see now if i would have said it was crap (which i think it is) you would have carried on playing it lol
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

H3RB wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:Sent Prototype back to Lovefilm after playing for no more than an hour. Didnt like it at all.

see now if i would have said it was crap (which i think it is) you would have carried on playing it lol

ahh but every person likes different games.. just cos you think its cack does not mean others do..

if we all liked the same the world would be a boring place
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

There's a difference, I like a lot of games that most people like. You're the opposite H3RB!
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

matt_mr2t wrote:There's a difference, I like a lot of games that most people like. You're the opposite H3RB!

no, we just have different tastes. i like good games, most of you just like anything with a bit of hype behind it..
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

H3RB wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:There's a difference, I like a lot of games that most people like. You're the opposite H3RB!

no, we just have different tastes. i like good games, most of you just like anything with a bit of hype behind it..

So you, the minority, are right, but the majority are wrong?

Makes sense.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

not at all, it just really annoys me when games have so much hype its untrue (gears 1 & 2, halo 3, assasins creed 1) then the hype alone makes it a GREAT game even before it lands on the shelves. i got sucked into the hype of gears one and even managed to get it a month early, put it in my 360 and after the first hour i was so bored, the dodgy graphics (horrible unreal style) the sluggish movements, the un responsive controls and the constantly repetative game play of walk in a room clear the room then move to next room and repeat.
assasins creed and halo 3 were the worst, the hype surrounding both of those was immense and when the games came out they were terrible and everybody admitted it yet they still carried on playing etc.
at the min i play a game on the ps3 called socom confrontation, its not the best game ever by a million miles but i dont have many complaints about it, yet you go on the games official forums and EVERYBODY is moaning i seriously dont think there is one positive comment on the entire forum, yet even tho everybody on their moans they still play it lol, it just dont make sense.
to me the best reviews on games are by zero punctuations "Yahtzee" he's not paid by some big game mag company to give good reviews to games too boost sales, he just tells it like it is. plus the reviews are funny as hell lol
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

It is all down to personal choice I agree, and you are entitled to your opinion. But there's no way have I been sucked into hype with any of the games I liked. It's wrong of you to think that because you didnt like a game, any one else who does only does because they're wrong.

I can see why people would like Prototype, it's just not my cuppa tea. Much like when I played the demo of Crackdown it didnt appeal to me.
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

matt_mr2t wrote:It is all down to personal choice I agree, and you are entitled to your opinion. But there's no way have I been sucked into hype with any of the games I liked. It's wrong of you to think that because you didnt like a game, any one else who does only does because they're wrong.

I can see why people would like Prototype, it's just not my cuppa tea. Much like when I played the demo of Crackdown it didnt appeal to me.

exactly i loved crackdown and prototype..
hated assasins creed / and bored of halo..
never got into bioshock..
also fallout and mass effect. never liked them loved gears and still do :pale:

i am picky as to what i liek but i will tru anything
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

lol @ halo having hype.

funny how you love GT5, Metal Gear and anything on the PS3 with hype behind it.

GT5 is the most hyped game going. MGS series coming in a close second.
Rev 3 GTS
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

SamUK wrote:lol @ halo having hype.

GT5 is only Hype as it doesnt actually exist yet...
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

SamUK wrote:lol @ halo having hype.

how?
i like gt because i can play it with a 900° wheel which is a BIG factor for me. give me a 900° for the 360 that doesnt cost stupid money and ill gladly play forza (i clocked up 100's of hours on forza 1 on original xbox)
MGS i played every mgs every and there are some that i love and some that i dont care for, i loved number 1, 2, then twin snakes and sons of liberty.
not a big fan of the psp ones as much
number 4 was good but not as good as it could have been if u ask me so i was a bit disappointed with it.
alot of ps3 games i dont like, i love uncharted 1 and 2 but thats just because they are stunning in almost everyway.

the main game i play is socom confrontation, it has a very select following because its such a terrible game lol but its just so good at the same time, but the support from the devs is terrible!! they basically released a beta and now just keep giving us patches to try and sort out their mess lol
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

I never questioned if you played them or not.

You said that games with alot of hype annoy you. And i said its funny how you like all the PS3 hype train hits.

Theres not even any point in denying it lol.
Rev 3 GTS

Return to “Games Consoles”