red ring of death, then fixes itself?

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Nails

red ring of death, then fixes itself?

Post by Nails »

I bought my elite november 27th 2007 (I only know as have had the reciepts out looking for warranty)
last january (6th) I got the no signal being shown on screen, but no red light, as I was out of my 12 month warranty and it wasnt the red ring I had to pay £60 to get it fixed, now the most I play is a possible 5 hours max, but mostly 2 hours ish
yesterday it had been on the morning for around 30 mins, then went and did some stuff, went back to it with a mate to play guitar hero about 4 hours later, switched on, 3 red lights flashing
switched it on and off a few times
got annoyed and went and bought a new one, came back, switched my old one on to get the game out and its working again?
going to take the new one back and keep playnig this one I think? is there any other reason why the 3 red lights would flash then work ok after a hour of being switched off?
Munnsy

Re: red ring of death, then fixes itself?

Post by Munnsy »

nah box the old one into the new box and hey presto

you may go to prison though :-k :-k :mrgreen:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

lol, I`ve known a few people do this with electrical goods, never got questioned! Wish my 3 red lights would just go away like that...
wadeski

Post by wadeski »

they will come back. its a heat-related fault, it just gets worse and worse. I used to only get it during long plays (xbox would freeze) then one day BAM it never worked again.
Nails

Post by Nails »

sent my lass back with the new one today for a refund, they never even looked in the box, wish I'd just sent them old one back but thought they would have checked considering how many people get red lights
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

It doesnt matter if its out of warranty or even not displaying 3 red lights.

When you ring MS they wont ask any questions. Just for an address to pick it up lol.

Think there call centre guys are bored of the calls.
Rev 3 GTS
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

You got the number for that? Or the address of where to send a broken xbox to?I tried the website and it wants me to register or some crap,then my comp starts saying it cant accept cookies.. All I want to do is box up my xbox, stick a mardy letter in with it about the 3 red lights ruining my life, and get it sent back to me fixed. \:D/
wadeski

Post by wadeski »

change the security settings on your browser to accept cookies.

its done through xbox.com now i think.

Return to “Games Consoles”