[Mk2] [Turbo] upgrade turbo

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

daiodavies

[Mk2] [Turbo] upgrade turbo

Post by daiodavies »

hi i want too upgrade my turbo on rev 2.any advise on which turbo too go for? i know ile have too sort the fueling out too.so what would i need for that and would a blitz access ecu run it.as you cant remap it
cantfindausername

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] upgrade turbo

Post by cantfindausername »

Think you need to firstly decide how far you want to take the tuning, then run a few searches as the topic has been covered more times than a dinner table.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

I've got a GT2860rs if you want to try mine out mate, only 255fly just now but hopefully seeing close to 300 with a remap and my boost controller set up.

Where in Wales are you?
dai21t

Post by dai21t »

Easiest would be use a CT20, any more and it usually gets very expensive. My brother ran a CT20 on his rev2 engined car with a Blitz access ecu and it went very well.
I've got a GT3076 on my rev1, last r/roaded at 391bhp but wouldn't like to add up what the car has cost me in total. It is a nice quick road car though.
daiodavies

Post by daiodavies »

sorry took so long too get back lads thanx for the advise. i live in carmarthen m8 i could do with a go,would held allot
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

Forget teh Blitz Access buddy. Not remappable. Basically just raises the revlimit and removes boost cut.

I f you want to do things properly in some logical order this package list from 3S gives a nice guideline to your route of upgrade. As mentioned above, if you have bigger hp targets in mind for the future then plan ahead maybe getting a more capable turbo early on. This will save you monry later.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=127578

regards,

Bobby

Return to “Mechanical”