REV 3 turbo advice please

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

matt200vvc

Re: REV 3 turbo advice please

Post by matt200vvc »

GTS GAV wrote:he should be thanking his lucky stars you stumbled across this thread mate i would be if i were him anyone should be happy that someone has taken the time to exspress there oppinions on a car that could hav a dodgy past etc to stop them wasting there hard earned cash,most would just sit back and say nothing

Oh mate, don't worry i am.

The car has gone in for the bumper to be fitted today, when it's ready i shall be going over it in fine detail. If theres anything i'm unhappy about i will just walk away and leave it alone.

It's not a new car after all said and done, but if the damage is anywhere near as described then i will be even more grateful for the post made by Alister. I have had a chat with the seller and explained my concerns and have said that if i find any major problems then the deal is off and i'll look to sell my car and continue my search for another mr2.

Anybody on here fancy a swap for a 2003 Clio 172 cup :lol:
Chris

Post by Chris »

I'm suprised the owner has not been on this thread yet? I think it belongs to hardeep1990 judging from the wanted section. He wanted a swap to Rev 3 standard bumper :-k

As said, good of other chap to tell the prospective new owner what he found on inspection. :thumleft:
matt200vvc

Post by matt200vvc »

Chris wrote:I'm suprised the owner has not been on this thread yet? I think it belongs to hardeep1990 judging from the wanted section. He wanted a swap to Rev 3 standard bumper :-k

As said, good of other chap to tell the prospective new owner what he found on inspection. :thumleft:

Hardeep is the owner mate. Upto now i can't fault him which is why i was alittle surprised by the above posts - he seems a genuine seller and showed my what problems there were from the very beginning.

Hopefully Alister and Hardeep just didn't see eye to eye and this is infact a decent car.

But as i said earlier, really appreciate Allisters post - opened my eyes a bit more.
hardeep1990

Post by hardeep1990 »

Chris wrote:I'm suprised the owner has not been on this thread yet? I think it belongs to hardeep1990 judging from the wanted section. He wanted a swap to Rev 3 standard bumper :-k

just had a read through chris!
and yes i wasn't happy with the condition and look of the bomex front bumper either, however got a rev3 bumper, fogs and splitter and the cars in the bodyshop as i type!, this is getting fitted.
also i agree with the inner arches, however the front bumper is coming off and this is going to be repaired also. everyone has a mind of there own i suppose, i believe this is the only problem which is in process of being sorted!
i've had loads of people comment on the good condition of the car including mr2 owners!
matt200vvc

Post by matt200vvc »

hardeep1990 wrote:

and yes i wasn't happy with the condition and look of the bomex front bumper either, however got a rev3 bumper, fogs and splitter and the cars in the bodyshop as i type!, this is getting fitted.
also i agree with the inner arches, however the front bumper is coming off and this is going to be repaired also. everyone has a mind of there own i suppose, i believe this is the only problem which is in process of being sorted!
i've had loads of people comment on the good condition of the car including mr2 owners!

As i said on the previous posts, this was the only damage i seen when viewing the car - which is all been sorted at the moment.
hardeep1990

Post by hardeep1990 »

matt200vvc wrote:
hardeep1990 wrote:

As i said on the previous posts, this was the only damage i seen when viewing the car - which is all been sorted at the moment.

exactly! each to there own though!!! Matt and I have both spoken and obviously a 15year old car is not going to be perfect. a few minor marks here and there, my car is being made out to be a shed, which i believe to be s***!!!
832ARK

Post by 832ARK »

I really didn't want to stir this up but felt i should at least post my opinion of the car as i'd been to see it. I know its not very nice to be slagging off someone elses car and its really nothing personal against Hardeep and no i wouldn't like it if it was the other way round. I just thought i'd share the reasons why i didn't buy it, just to make sure you'd noticed the bits we had. It is down to personal opinion of course and if you're happy with it then buy it, like i suggested get it inspected for peace of mind. Without any discussion about it it rang alarm bells for whatever reason with both of us who were going over it individually, but then maybe our expectations are too high. Just to make it clear though this is in no way a personal attack. The worst part though was the bumper which is obviously going.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”