Engine Tuner Question

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Indy Nash

Engine Tuner Question

Post by Indy Nash »

Does anyone know a company local'ish to Kent that tunes 4AGE engines and someone can recommend?

Thanks........ Neil
Ben

Re: Engine Tuner Question

Post by Ben »

www.kentcarcraft.com

Give Owen a shout - they're in Ramsgate so not a million miles from Ashford :thumleft:
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

near ashford>??

I am in st marys bay/dymchurch

There is a garage called colin wood engineering in st marys bay..

spoken to them they are very helpfull and very good. one of them has worked with japs cars for a long time...

pm me and ill let ya know exactly where they are :thumleft:
System-G

Post by System-G »

To what degree of "tuning" are you refering to?

Are you looking at increasing horsepower with cams, throttle boddies, EMS etc... or just day to day running on stock?
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
Indy Nash

Post by Indy Nash »

I want to keep te budget sensible (don't ask what sensible is as I am still working out what it needs to be0.

I have a set of ZX9 T/B's but in terms if items I want to include:

Cams
Lightened and Balanced Flywheel
Ported
I need an after market ECU to
Ex Manifold and zorst

I have also sourced a Bellhousing adapter as I'm mating the engine to a Type 9 box.

I am now also toying with the idea of a Rotrex S/Charger but this is only an idea at this stage.

I really need to have a discussion with someone who knows and has done who can get me max gee gees for my £

It does need to be both driveable and reliable to.

.........Neil

PS there used to be a company in Ashford (Kent) called Trac-Art who did Jap, but I went round there last week and they've gone. Anyone had any experience of those and know where they've gone. Website wasn't helpful.

cheers
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

Indy Nash wrote:

PS there used to be a company in Ashford (Kent) called Trac-Art who did Jap, but I went round there last week and they've gone. Anyone had any experience of those and know where they've gone. Website wasn't helpful.

cheers

trac art built my 250 hp supercharger mk1 .. the guy was a great mechanic .. just a terrible bissness man.. hence it went under and he now lives up north working for Thor
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

would have thought for your money you are best of just swapping out for a supercharger engine anyway and then putting th fensport pulley on it..

ill keep a eye out for the kit car keep. i toying with getting one
cheers
pete :thumleft:
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Exactly what I was thinking - you might get more bang for buck if you swap in an SC engine....cams etc. won't get you as much and will cost similar.
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

If its for a kit car, then you are better off going zetec.

You can pick up a brand new 1.8 engine (zero miles) for under £500 (I know 2 people who have done), cams and bodies, and you'll be at a nice figure, plus, with being a zetec, all the kit car manufacturers will have manifolds etc
pantera2075

Post by pantera2075 »

You want cheap horses?

Saab 9000 Aero 2.3 turbo on a Vaux Omega 'box. 225bhp stock, PoP to tune to 350bhp. Whole car for £250, sell the seats.

Have the turbo rebuilt, new shells and mains etc - whole lot under a grand. :thumleft: :twisted:
crazybrightman

Post by crazybrightman »

saab conversion is ok but very heavy, plus an omega box would explode! you need a vaux to for bell housing and fit it to a 2wd sierra cosworth gearbox should last a little longer.
4agte on the way

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”