Turbo Mods

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GAZ

Turbo Mods

Post by GAZ »

Hello peeps

It's my bitrhday and I got £100 as a present. I bought my rev 3 tubby 1 month ago and need some ideas on mods.

Basically what should I spend my £100 on.

Cheers
Gaz
jonno

Re: Turbo Mods

Post by jonno »

Plugs, Dizzy, Leads, Oil and Filer would be at the top of my list - unless you have already changed them this year ;)
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...
stevel

Post by stevel »

What mods does it have at present? You could go for an induction kit
Or you could get a couple of tanks of optimax :shock:
GAZ

Post by GAZ »

I have not done anything to it so far. Just wanted to buy something worthwhile while I've got the spare cash.

Think I should be wise and change oil, dizzy, plugs. However I want a new exhaust so might put it towards this. I want a deeper sound to come out of the car. It sounds great at the moment but I want more noise.

GAZ
tubby_tony

Post by tubby_tony »

Jonnos right but that list will cost you a bit more than £100. If you have only had it for a month, then if it has not got service history and you are confident to do the job yourself, I would give it a service. Oil change (£25), oil filter (£8), air filter (£14), fuel filter (£32) are immediate replacements. Then check other things over and prepare your list for next service or immediate requirements if need be - break pads, break fluid, coolant change (winter coming up), spark plugs, dizzy cap etc. The point is all of these things should be checked over before you go buying any new gizmos and once you are happy with the state of your 2 then start looking at the bling factor purchase. My 2p anyway.

Tony
tubby_tony

Post by tubby_tony »

OOPs, previous post oil filter £8
stevel

Post by stevel »

Tony & Jonno are dead right.
Were abouts in Northants are you, if you need any help on the basic servicing side of things give me a shout

Steve
GAZ

Post by GAZ »

Alright Steve

I'm from the Wellingborough / Rushden area. I'll have a go at the things suggested but I may take you up on your offer one day. I'm new to mechanical work on cars but am keen to learn. Thanks alot for the offer.

GAZ
stevel

Post by stevel »

No probs mate,

I am from Kettering so just give us a shout if you need any help.

Steve

Return to “Modifications”