Best EBC

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

3S Service Centre

Re: Best EBC

Post by 3S Service Centre »

Guys dont let the 1 issue bother you. a standard mac solinoid will work but this was most likley due to instal anwayl. In the mr2 its very easy to keep the solinoid safe and cool.

We get good rates on these and even better if we fit and setup. They are a good bit of kit and offer very stable boost.

James
call James on 01256 883386 or 07786073755
3S Service Centre

Post by 3S Service Centre »

Oh to answer the original question, greddy profec B
:thumleft:
call James on 01256 883386 or 07786073755
Bone

Post by Bone »

HKS EVC-S is good mate, love mine.
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

i`ve got a blitz spec s and love it, so simple to use.
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

i have recently bought the hks evc 6

but i was one of the lucky few to get one of the limeted eddition 20th anniversery copper screen (only 500 ever made) from a seller on ebay who was at the autosalon show when hks launched them, i dont no any one out of japan whith one of the copper screen models

after purchesing it i wonderd if i was out of my depth on how to use all the features i could of been more wrong it is amazing bit of kit, whith very easy setup after i installed it, i put the ignition on started the car, all i had to do was drive with no boost and under 3000rpm on 1st 2nd 3rd 4th until 5th were you had to give it full load to register your stock boost and it will also pick up a plot of your boost through the rev range it wil automaticly even out any iregular boost drops etc wich i thought was great

i then had to set my maximum boost
then what psi boost for when the overboost warning function would come on i.e for any reason for the boost to go over your maximum boost setting it will automaticly warn you with noise flashing etc aswell as drop and hold the boost back to stock setting

your target boost i.e you high boost setting in psi

then your wastegate either internal or exstenal

your
a boost setting/ 24psi high for dry weather
b boost setting /18psi mediam motorway use
c boost setting/ 10psi low wet weather as i hav

ir also has Map Correction Mode

* Boost pressure can be fine tuned for: Throttle Position, RPM, Vehicle Speed, Throttle Position + RPM, or Throttle Position + Vehicle Speed.

i hav mine set for when im on b boost setting for motorway use the boost will only come in at 5000rpm or higher to save on fuel but the power is there for over taking etc

also for when i goto drag strip i can set amount of boost for each gear i hav 1st gear no boost for traction then 2nd at 7psi, 3rd 14psi and so on

the options are endless.no boost till a sertain throtle persision etc....

also i find good for the motorway on entering slip roads onto motorways is the Scramble Boost Function

* When the scramble boost trigger is depressed a preset boost increase will occur for a predetermined time (0-60seconds).

so at a press of a button it will giv me extra added boost for when im goin on to a motor way etc witch i thort would be one of the funtions i wud neva use but i found my self using pritty offen more then usefull for a number of reasons :)

along whith * monitored: Throttle Position, Engine RPM or Vehicle Speed.

Selectable Analog Monitoring

* The digital bar graph can be set to monitor: Boost Pressure, Throttle Position, Engine RPM or Vehicle Speed.

After Image Function

* Users can set the EVC to display the highest boost pressure reached for 3-seconds after the throttle has been released.

Peak Hold

* The EVC will store to memory and keep displayed the maximum boost achieved.

Data Lock

* To prevent accidental data changes from occurring, the EVC can be locked with a user defined four digit code.

Positive LCD display with LED Lighting

* Black foreground with white background and LED lighting provides excellent visibility during both daytime and nighttime use.

Dimmer Function

* Brightness of display can be adjusted for user comfort.

theres more im sure lol

as for the size it fits perfecty into the heater section on the centre consol like this

you can also plug it into your laptop for boost graphs,chaging setting sounds and loads more.....!!!!

theres no other boost controller on the market that can do what this can do in my oppinion its the best there is hope this helps buddy
bill

Post by bill »

The TVIS Kid wrote:
bill wrote:i've got a greddy profec b spec 11 waiting to go on, only here people rave about them, so from what i gather there spot on :thumleft:

Just be careful with second hand units has the solonoids are prone to faliure (sticking) and lots of the control units pack up too.

it was only used for 3 months, and has come boxed etc, looks as new, cheers :thumleft:
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

I went for an Apexi AVCR in the end. Loads of features and seems to work well :thumleft:
GTSAARON

Post by GTSAARON »

nikaiyo wrote:Dude, how are you getting on with the Gizzmo?

Hello mate,

well so far so good, I am a total rookie and I had no trouble setting it up and it holds boost well at 1.1 bar with no issues. It is really user friendly and has six channels. I use two, one for sensible driving at .6 bar and one for nutty driving at 1.1 bar :-)

The setting up just involves playing around with the duty cycle and the gain settings to come up with a combo that comes on boost fast and doesn't spike too much. I still have a catalytic converter so this will be restricting the exhaust a bit, which will be reducing the chances of spiking I am told, but the trade off is a slower spool up and and less torque blah blah......

But no, in summary a reliable, easy to fit ebc that does exactly what is says on the tin :-)
GBTurbo

Post by GBTurbo »

I'm torn at the moment between a greddy profec b spec 2 and the gizzmo. I have a spec 2 in my car at the moment but it broke and i've heard quite a lot of stories about them breaking now.

Is it time to try something new perhaps?

Argh decisions!
Ren0W

Post by Ren0W »

I bought the Gizzmo last week.
Hope to receive it this week.

So any info how to set up and install would be appreciated ! :thumleft:
Ren0W

Post by Ren0W »

3S Service Centre wrote:Guys dont let the 1 issue bother you. a standard mac solinoid will work but this was most likley due to instal anwayl. In the mr2 its very easy to keep the solinoid safe and cool.

We get good rates on these and even better if we fit and setup. They are a good bit of kit and offer very stable boost.

James

Where does the solenoid needs to be mounted then ?
mr2turbo99

Post by mr2turbo99 »

I mounted mine just below the air filter. When i removed the standard air filter there where a few threaded holes left in that area so i fabricated a very simple bracket and bolted it to one of the free holes.

had my gizzmo for just over 2 months and it works great. Running 11.5 psi in my rev 1. Duty 30. Gain 10.
Phill P

Post by Phill P »

I have a gizzmo,the 4 settings one.

Easy to set up and use,still adjusting to stop spiking but its getting there.

Paul :thumleft:
Rota torque drifts Japseed exhaust Apexi air filter Gizzmo ibc Apex springs Hks turbo timer 242bhp at .8 bar
Ja99a

Post by Ja99a »

Have had a few different units, I now have a gizzmo.

The Gizzmo.
Simple unit, does not display vacuum
Simple control Duty and Gain.

My dream boost controller
I set the boost I want i.e. 1.5 bar it does the rest LOL...
So I like simple...

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”