mk2 turbo- N/A rev1 engine swap

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

gtr2

mk2 turbo- N/A rev1 engine swap

Post by gtr2 »

hi guys,
i crashed my rev1 mk2 turbo ](*,) , now am having the engine from it put in to a N/A body :lol: . i know i must swap the engine with gearbox, suspension, brakes and the ECU etc... but is there anything else i should know about. any suggestions will be appreciated. cheers
PW@Woodsport

Re: mk2 turbo- N/A rev1 engine swap

Post by PW@Woodsport »

fuel pump...rear anti roll bar...rear hubs...er....cant think of anything else.
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

yes i can.....turbo engine mounts,but you prob knew that already.
gtr2

engine swap

Post by gtr2 »

cheers mate!!
iv gotta walbro fuel pump so thats getting changed neway, and am thinking of going for new or uprated engine mounts. if you remember nething else please do let me know. cheers
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

if you do get new engine mounts your old turbo mounts will come in useful over on www.twobrutal.co.uk ,the lads there will snap them up,help put another mk1 turbo on the road. :D
irishdavemr2

Post by irishdavemr2 »

gtr2 wrote:hi guys,
i crashed my rev1 mk2 turbo ](*,) , now am having the engine from it put in to a N/A body :lol: . i know i must swap the engine with gearbox, suspension, brakes and the ECU etc... but is there anything else i should know about. any suggestions will be appreciated. cheers

Engine wiring loom will have to be changed, just up to the passenger footwell though, plug+play job! You should also change the brake master cylinder due to upgrade of the brakes! Your best changing the fuel pump when the engine is out and not after like me.................nightmare!!

Your prob putting it into a G-Limited import. so dont know if this applys as I had a UK N/A, but I had to change the gear linkages and the gearlever & base. Also best doing while engine is out.

Can't think of anything else that hasn't been mentioned.
gtr2

engine swap

Post by gtr2 »

thanks alot guys. am transfering the engine in to a uk spec N/A so i guess that will apply to me. thanks again. please keep the info coming in. :D
Lewis Jay

Engine from n/a

Post by Lewis Jay »

Noticed your post about transplant, was wondering if the n/a engine was good [-o< cos if it is I would be interested to know how much you would want for it?
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

irishdavemr2 wrote:Engine wiring loom will have to be changed, just up to the passenger footwell though, plug+play job!

Don't be fooled into believing this - it's rarely a plug and play job and even if you try it and it works, there will be systems connected to each other that shouldn't be but don't seem to show any apparent ill effects.

Make sure you pin everything out first and do the job properly.

Rogue
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Just re-read your post and realised your target kit is a UK model. Definitely not a plug and play swap.

Rogue

Return to “Mechanical”