Le Mans 2010

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lemon Secretary

Re: Le Mans 2010

Post by Lemon Secretary »

as already stated, the dates have been announced. le mans 2010 will be weekend of 12th and 13th june http://www.lemansrace.com/department.ht ... 24%20Hours

we really ought to start making firm plans; usually we'd start with our ferry bookings and contact dominique at the chateau http://www.chateau-de-chanteloup.com/CH ... /index.htm to find out when he will be taking new bookings.
wasn't there some talk about getting the ferry over on monday (7th) and doing our first overnight stay in rouen as opposed to the usual haunt, maidstone?

anyway, maybe it's time we all put our heads together and got some plans firmed up...
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I will be coming down on the Thursday for next year so will see you all there :thumleft:
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Lemon Secretary

fair enough, what's the crack with that then mr griff?? :-s
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Thinking about making a detour to somewhere in Germany en route... :twisted: Haven't decided yet!
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
blue2

Post by blue2 »

I am thinking about heading to the ring either before or after, probably the day before. Ill be getting to Lemans for the Thursday, cant get too much time off work again!
Lemon Secretary

there's a couple of murmers about going to the nurburgring. personally, i'm happy to travel to france on the monday/tuesday and spend the week there as we would usually. i've only been twice before, and it's not like there's not plenty to do and see. granted, it mostly involves beer, and who knows, if the sun shines maybe a bit of swimming and possibly fishing courtesy of jinxy and his tin of sweetcorn :wink:

i can see the appeal of going to the ring but a) it's not exactly round the corner and b) if we wanted to actually drive round it, what are we supposed to do with our camping stuff and other luggage. i can't imagine flinging your car round a track is all that much fun with a full load...
blue2

Post by blue2 »

aahh didnt think of the luggage! #-o mabye not such a good idea then, it would add some serious weight. Cant believe i didnt think of that!
Lemon Secretary

sorry, i didn't mean to pee on your parade, it was just something me a chris were discussing the other day.
AW11 Forever..!

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

Yo! not really 100% sure what I'm doing as yet due to the arrival of the little one next March, however I am planning on being there, it might just be Friday - Monday or it might be the whole week defo won't be attending any bolt on trips.

The initial plan for us was to scrap the hotel stop in Maidstone and just hike it straight down to France stopping in or around Rouen on the Monday, somethng a little different.

I probably won't get round to booking anything till about March/April so very much a late entry for us in 2010, however I'm not missing our 10th year, plus I left my football there this year!!
MR2 World Community www.michael-sheavills.co.uk
Kieran Williams

Post by Kieran Williams »

Congrats on the Little one Mike and Jo, another petrol head i'm sure!! :clap:

Myself and Lynn are planning on going again this year but will be staying in the Travel lodge just befor Dover(bit cheaper than a night in Rouen). We are booking onto the 0700 or 1230 LG Lines Ferry and then driving down. Ferry is pencilled in for the 7th June.

We plan on doing the paris thing again and will leave Le Mans on the 14th and catch the ferry on the 17th.

Bit sketcchy for exact details at the mo but thats are outline.

Hope to see you all there again :thumleft:

Ki
Lemon Secretary

AW11 Forever..! wrote:
I probably won't get round to booking anything till about March/April so very much a late entry for us in 2010...

ok cool, so the others i guess can just press on; it sounds like some people have thier own agendas and are doing their own pre- and post- le mans trips :thumleft:
Kieran Williams

Just to add...they(meaning mine) are not a closed agenda, if people fancy doing what i am doing then feel free to tag along, more the merrier really :thumleft:
Lemon Secretary

Kieran Williams wrote:Just to add...they(meaning mine) are not a closed agenda, if people fancy doing what i am doing then feel free to tag along, more the merrier really :thumleft:

sounds 8) might be minus the paris bit at the end. but certainly heading over there on the monday/tuesday prior to the race and coming back to the uk the following monday/tuesday would suit our agenda and budget :D
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Guess I'd better finally get my name down on here too, might as well put Mr Jones down as well...

1 Michael & Joanne
2 Jinxy & Deb
3 Pete & Amanda
4 Shane & Susan
5 Wayne & Guest
6 Stuart & Guest
7 Gordon & Alison
8 Chris & Reema
9 John & Guest < -- To drive him home when he gets banned from driving in france again
10 Dan & Guest
11 Jason & Cheryl
12 Saj & Gemma
13 Tiny (BEN) & Guest (Wife can be in labour and im still going next year after missing it this year!)
14 Pete and Alex
15 Ki and Lynn (wont be in an MR2 this time though!)
16 Dan
17 Mark

Btw guys, tickets are now available for this via JT and the dates are confirmed as the 12th and 13th of June. \:D/ And, for the record, I shall be sticking to the speed limit 100% next year not just 99%! :lol:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

ekona wrote:And, for the record, I shall be sticking to the speed limit 100% next year not just 99%! :lol:

I was thinking of trying to break our record :D Aim for the maximum €1500 fine this time?
Lemon Secretary

ekona wrote:Btw guys, tickets are now available for this via JT and the dates are confirmed as the 12th and 13th of June

sounds good. perhaps we should get on the case of that. does anyone know if parking is on sale yet??

if anyone else is starting their trip on monday, 7th june (either in maidstone or rouen) and heading back the following monday/tuesday, give us a shout as we might well do this and it makes sense to book ferries together :thumleft:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

toxo wrote:I was thinking of trying to break our record :D Aim for the maximum €1500 fine this time?

:lol: Hell, let's just get the cars impounded and do it properly ;)

Lemon Secretary wrote:sounds good. perhaps we should get on the case of that. does anyone know if parking is on sale yet??

It is, but as always space is limited. Tbh I've booked mine up already just in case, might be worth others doing the same? £40 via JT, with general entry £70.
t-bar89

Post by t-bar89 »

1 Michael & Joanne
2 Jinxy & Deb
4 Shane & Susan
5 Wayne & Guest
6 Stuart & Guest
7 Gordon & Alison
8 Chris & Reema
9 John & Guest < -- To drive him home when he gets banned from driving in france again
10 Dan & Guest
11 Jason & Cheryl
12 Saj & Gemma
13 Tiny (BEN) & Guest (Wife can be in labour and im still going next year after missing it this year!)
14 Pete and Alex
15 Ki and Lynn (wont be in an MR2 this time though!)
16 Dan
17 Mark

Hi All,

I've scrubbed mine and Amanda's name off the list. Decided this year we are gonna give it a miss and do something different... Somewhere hot and sunny hopefully!

All seems a bit pickled too, what with chief organiser having a baby n stuff.

Hope you all have a fab time though... and will be there in 2011.

:thumleft:
unowho

Post by unowho »

MMMMMM not to self, talk to mummy to borrow here credit card to book my car park ticket :whistle: :pray:

Pete and Amanda you will be missed :( :(
Proud Mk2 owner
Kieran Williams

Well....booked my ferry, booked my car park tickets and booked the campsite!

Getting there............

Return to “Past Events”