Fog Light switch

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ayshe

Fog Light switch

Post by Ayshe »

Hi Guys,

slight problem....I have a green plastic stwitch to turn my fogs on and off and I don't know it works. Does any know how it works or if this is a gypsy method? The MOT is being done now and thats the only thing they are going to fail it on...help!!

Thanks,

Ayshe
cantfindausername

Re: Fog Light switch

Post by cantfindausername »

Rear fog lights require the switch to be illuminated too I believe.

If it doesn't work you'll need to check a few things. Basically the switch should be a 3 pin one. 1x 12v in, 1x ground & 1x 12v out.

If you've got 12v in and earth then you should also have 12v out and illumination when the switch is live. If that is the case and you still have no fog lights then your wiring to the back of the car is shot. Normally an SVA requirement on import so probaly just a piece of halfords wire run down under the drivers kick panel, and out over the rear arch somewhere to the rear lights.

First thing is to check the feeds to the switch.

If this is for the front fogs, they're not an MOT requirement so shouldn't fail on it.

Hope that helps,
Ant
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Ayshe

Post by Ayshe »

It's for the rears :( I think they are going to sort something out for me!!!
cantfindausername

Its really not a big deal to sort out. 5 mins with a multimeter, crimps and a couple of connectors should have it sorted. :thumleft:
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
notroubleclubber

Post by notroubleclubber »

On the same sort of topic - ive done a rev3 rear light conversion and at the moment ive got the 2 reversing lights in the rear panel wired different. the lhs one is used for reversing and the rhs one is wired as a fog light. For mot purposes, would i get away with just putting a red bulb in the rhs light in the centre panel and using that as the fog light and will this pass (i have seperate illuminated switch for rear fog light).
cantfindausername

Yes I believe so, as long as its on the right hand side.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”